or at least not the ones on the hotel website nor the professional ones on TripAdvisor.
I have stayed here a couple of times. The last time was for about 4 nights on a business trip to LA. If you are in for one night to catch a plane then you will not be around enough to let most of the issues irritate you, especially if you get a great rate - say below $100. More $$ than that or staying longer, however, and I would find another place.
The view of the hotel gives a very different impression from the photos when you see it from ground level. But I knew what I was getting on my second visit (or so I thought) -- LAX is not situated in a great area so nothing looks that nice around there. What the hotel does have going for it is that close proximity to LAX (and free parking as a previous reviewer mentioned).
I found the staff to be very nice or at least acceptable but there are some operational issues.
* I am not a TV junky but sometimes you just want to catch up with the news when you are away from home for a while. There were some severe problems with reception in the hotel which seems to basically come down to the wiring in the building. After a couple of complaints one of the maintenance people told me all the rooms (at least on that floor had problems).
*The rooms could be better - needs a revamp.
* The pool is small and surrounded by concrete but for an emergency dip I guess it's ok.
* The worst thing about the hotel is the breakfast which is pretty disgusting. Yes it's included but the eggs (omelets) are made from powdered egg (the staff told me) and cheesey contents are far removed from cheese. Yuk. The rest of the buffet not much better. I have eaten at a lot of these types of hotels but the breakfast here is one of the worst - yes every day I have stayed there.
* Someone from the restaurants / convenience store behind the hotel seems to go out and move dumpsters around in the middle of the night. Very noisy.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-Lax Airport Hotel Los Angeles
- Howard Johnson Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Howard Johnson