“Don't judge it by the photos” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8620 Airport Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #79 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Texas
“Don't judge it by the photos”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

or at least not the ones on the hotel website nor the professional ones on TripAdvisor.
I have stayed here a couple of times. The last time was for about 4 nights on a business trip to LA. If you are in for one night to catch a plane then you will not be around enough to let most of the issues irritate you, especially if you get a great rate - say below $100. More $$ than that or staying longer, however, and I would find another place.

The view of the hotel gives a very different impression from the photos when you see it from ground level. But I knew what I was getting on my second visit (or so I thought) -- LAX is not situated in a great area so nothing looks that nice around there. What the hotel does have going for it is that close proximity to LAX (and free parking as a previous reviewer mentioned).

I found the staff to be very nice or at least acceptable but there are some operational issues.
* I am not a TV junky but sometimes you just want to catch up with the news when you are away from home for a while. There were some severe problems with reception in the hotel which seems to basically come down to the wiring in the building. After a couple of complaints one of the maintenance people told me all the rooms (at least on that floor had problems).
*The rooms could be better - needs a revamp.
* The pool is small and surrounded by concrete but for an emergency dip I guess it's ok.
* The worst thing about the hotel is the breakfast which is pretty disgusting. Yes it's included but the eggs (omelets) are made from powdered egg (the staff told me) and cheesey contents are far removed from cheese. Yuk. The rest of the buffet not much better. I have eaten at a lot of these types of hotels but the breakfast here is one of the worst - yes every day I have stayed there.
* Someone from the restaurants / convenience store behind the hotel seems to go out and move dumpsters around in the middle of the night. Very noisy.

Room Tip: Get a room as high as possible because of the traffic noise. Maybe overlooking the car park not the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear GE1Texas,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is nice to hear that you are a regular visitor to the hotel. We are sorry for not living up to your expectations and for not creating a memorable stay for you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We had a stopover for a few days between flights. Hotel was well located. Hotel shuttle bus was not very reliable waited 40 minutes after calling for a pick up from the airport. Reception staff was very helpful in allowing a late checkout. Restaurant around the corner was great. The room was spacious and quiet, with great views of aircraft landing and taking off. Good value for the money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Location is always a prime reason, and this hotel is prime. When they say guest laundry, there's lounge chairs to sit on while you wait. Yes, there's aircraft flying low nearby. What did you expect. You get used to it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

You can always count on Holiday Inn Express to deliver. Rooms are small in comparison to other HIEs I have stayed in, but clean, comfortable and amazing quiet for an airport hotel that was sold out the nights we were there. There was FREE PARKING, which is a big deal for an airport hotel when you usually have to pay $15 per day. The staff is SO NICE and the shuttle driver was very happy to take me over to the car rental place when I needed a ride. Breakfast was standard but had variety and everything you need in a dining room that was spacious and clean. Those elevators freaked me out, however, as you can't tell if they're moving.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here our last night before heading out of LAX. Checked in late & got up early for our flight. It is what you would expect for holiday inn express... Friendly front desk staff, clean room & updated bath. You pay for the proximity to the airport & not having to fight traffic to catch a flight.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Alabamagirl6,

Orlando A.
Bundaberg, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

At first I was hesitant to book due to the reviews however I wanted to try because of all the great reviews. From the moment I landed in LA via plane I called the hotel and they sent someone immediately to collect me from the airport. On arrival I had requested early checkin and it was not guaranteed which I totally understood however the lady at reception asked me if I mind waiting in the lounge and she gave me the wireless access code to pass the time which I thought was wonderful. I was able to checkin early after about an hr of waiting which was wonderful. I arrived in my room and it was beautiful and clean and more than enough for what I needed (King deluxe room). The bed was comfortable, the noise was VERY minimal. The TV was large and I had nil issues with reception, in addition the wifi was wonderful. The lady at the reception assisted me in finding my way to the shopping centres and this was very much appreciated. The buffet breakfast was plentiful. I am Gluten Free and although there was tea/coffee/hot choc/OJ/water/lemonade/mixed juice, crossaints, various danishes, pancakes, scrambled eggs, meat patties, toast, bread and bagels, yoghurt, milk and fresh fruit. I felt there was sufficient food for a gluten intolerant person. I did not get time to use the gym however I walked past it to the breakfast room and it looked clean and useable. All the staff from the bus driver, to the cleaners, the handymen, the reception, the breakfast servers and the porters was impeccable. Everyone smiled and said hello and were friendly and willing to help. I will stay here again no worries. and if you are reading those other reviews saying to avoid... don't do it. Give it a try. I did and I thoroughly loved it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Sheets were stained, room was drab, building was uninspiring. For a few dollars more, you can stay at a better hotel. Shop around. Avoid this place.

I would recommend trying something more towards downtown.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear DigantK,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Katie J
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport? Share your experiences!