“Consistently Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8620 Airport Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #79 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Dublin, California
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

You can always count on Holiday Inn Express to deliver. Rooms are small in comparison to other HIEs I have stayed in, but clean, comfortable and amazing quiet for an airport hotel that was sold out the nights we were there. There was FREE PARKING, which is a big deal for an airport hotel when you usually have to pay $15 per day. The staff is SO NICE and the shuttle driver was very happy to take me over to the car rental place when I needed a ride. Breakfast was standard but had variety and everything you need in a dining room that was spacious and clean. Those elevators freaked me out, however, as you can't tell if they're moving.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here our last night before heading out of LAX. Checked in late & got up early for our flight. It is what you would expect for holiday inn express... Friendly front desk staff, clean room & updated bath. You pay for the proximity to the airport & not having to fight traffic to catch a flight.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Alabamagirl6,

Orlando A.
Bundaberg, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

At first I was hesitant to book due to the reviews however I wanted to try because of all the great reviews. From the moment I landed in LA via plane I called the hotel and they sent someone immediately to collect me from the airport. On arrival I had requested early checkin and it was not guaranteed which I totally understood however the lady at reception asked me if I mind waiting in the lounge and she gave me the wireless access code to pass the time which I thought was wonderful. I was able to checkin early after about an hr of waiting which was wonderful. I arrived in my room and it was beautiful and clean and more than enough for what I needed (King deluxe room). The bed was comfortable, the noise was VERY minimal. The TV was large and I had nil issues with reception, in addition the wifi was wonderful. The lady at the reception assisted me in finding my way to the shopping centres and this was very much appreciated. The buffet breakfast was plentiful. I am Gluten Free and although there was tea/coffee/hot choc/OJ/water/lemonade/mixed juice, crossaints, various danishes, pancakes, scrambled eggs, meat patties, toast, bread and bagels, yoghurt, milk and fresh fruit. I felt there was sufficient food for a gluten intolerant person. I did not get time to use the gym however I walked past it to the breakfast room and it looked clean and useable. All the staff from the bus driver, to the cleaners, the handymen, the reception, the breakfast servers and the porters was impeccable. Everyone smiled and said hello and were friendly and willing to help. I will stay here again no worries. and if you are reading those other reviews saying to avoid... don't do it. Give it a try. I did and I thoroughly loved it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Sheets were stained, room was drab, building was uninspiring. For a few dollars more, you can stay at a better hotel. Shop around. Avoid this place.

I would recommend trying something more towards downtown.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear DigantK,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Katie J
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Being a Priority Club member, I decided to go with this hotel since it was one of the locations they offered and, after checking reviews on Trip Advisor, it seemed like a safe choice...boy was I wrong. I was VERY unimpressed with my stay here.
Upon arrival, despite being in a less than great area (its LA, I get it), the hotel appeared to be nice. BUT then I got a wiff of the main lobby....Bad sign #1. It really smelt almost like a gym locker room or a dirty bathroom. It was pretty unsettling.
The two staff members at the front desk were less than friendly upon check in and spoke to me more as a school mate than like a valued customer. Pretty unprofessional, if you ask me..
My room was simply OK. It was a little worn and less than really clean in places. Bathroom was really poorly lit (I ended up doing my make up in the hallway the next morning because I seriously couldnt see much of anything (I have 20/20 vision)
When I was making the reservation I had requested/checked to make sure I would be getting a room with a mini fridge and microwave. They said that would be possible. However, when I got to my room there was no fridge AND no micro. After going back downstairs to speak with the front desk about it they told me they would bring a fridge to my room but there were no micros available... Why I was told this was available, I still dont know...
I also had issues with the internet. When I spoke to the front desk (for the THIRD time that night :/) they said they were having issues due to the "rain".... I think I saw about 5 or 6 drops of rain on my car windshield on my way up that night...?? Not likely.
I slept ok. Bed was pretty comfortable. I had no complaints there.
Overall, I felt I was charged way too much for what I got....
I will not return here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear TravelNgrl_12,

Thank you for your stay and taking the time to post your comments. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I truly apologize for the issues you experienced with the Internet connection and inconvenience you experienced during check in. I appreciate your review as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Pam G.
New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Keep in mind this is a airport hotel and you would not stay for an extended time in this area anyway, however it did the job for us. We stayed one night on way through to Vegas and one night on way out again and was fine for that purpose. The area although a little isolated does have a 7/11 store just steps away from the hotel front door and a Sizzler next door to that on the back street and we did visit both. We had excellent service from the free Shuttle and if you want to take the bus to Santa Monica for the day ($1), the hotel shuttle will drop you off at the transit station on the way to the airport (Big Blue Bus #3) - good ride if you have a day to fill in and on way back we just walked down the road from the bus station. The breakfast was fantastic considering it was included and had something for everyone (Pastries, toast, bagels, cereal, pancakes, eggs, sausage, etc etc plus beverages). Most hotels would charge for this type of breakfast so it's a winner as far as I am concerned. The only thing would be that there was a strange smell in the first room we had.......as others have mentioned I think it was coming from the air conditioning also and the lifts are incredibly slow - but there are stairs there if you want to use them (which we did a couple of times). All in all - for a one nighter - it is perfectly fine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear hangar2jo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Generally good. Wifi, room, beds, TV, breakfast buffet, etc. were all good. Met our needs for the night. Courteous shuttle driver was a big help for my family. The kids package came with a puzzle and snacks. Staff was friendly, check in was fast. Airport noise was well muted so it's easy to sleep. The flimsy drink cups didn't match with the rest of the room. Wish they offer 24 hour check in since it's an "Airport" hotel. This hotel is one of the better choices for a stopover at LAX.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport? Share your experiences!