“GREAT STAY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport

You added Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9901 La Cienega Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #130 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sydney, Australia
“GREAT STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had a great stay at this hotel - The staff were wonderful particularly Joe who went out of his way
to assist us even though it was his day off and just happened to be in for a meeting.
The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The airport shuttle was so handy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear chris s,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm very happy to hear that your stay went well and that Joe was able to assist you. I have shared this wonderful review with my staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Vero Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We spent the night in the Holiday Inn Lax in May on our way to Hawaii. When we got off the plane from NYC and came to the ALL all airport hotels but Holiday Inn. After waiting for 20 minutes and seeing other hotel shuttles come and go like two or three times, I called Holiday Inn and was told that the bus would pick us up 15 minutes later. So, all in all, we waited 35 minutes to do a 5 minute ride. I am not sure what would have happened if I had not called the hotel. That Holiday Inn promises free WIFI and, true enough, I was not charged anything for WIFI but, man, it just did not work - neither in the evening nor the next morning. We paid $143 for the night. Considering that no breakfast was included I find it an absurdly high price just to stay the night. What with the shuttle that takes forever to come pick you up and non-working WIFI, I would just say it is way overpriced for the value you are getting. To be objective, the room was clean and the bed was good. SO, if you do not care about the inconveniences mentioned above, it is as good an hotel to spend the night in LA as any.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear travelerobjective ,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm sorry your stay was not up to par. I know that in some cases are shuttles get a little backed up and I am very sorry you had to wait that long for it. In regards to the WIFI, we have just upgraded our WIFI and hope you will return to see the new updates. Thank you again.

Pennant Hills, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights on our way home, we wanted something close to the airport and inexpensive, this hotel met both of these requirements. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable, the only thing really missing was a fridge. There's a free shuttle to the airport every 15-20 minutes, the only problem is if you take a taxi anywhere, they charge you the $4 airport tax to bring you back to the hotel because you are in the airport vicinity and a minimum of $15 if you travel anywhere else in the airport vicinity. There's no real restaurant options close to the hotel unless you want Maccas! Joe the concierge was very helpful, he booked us a day tour of LA which worked out well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Gordon N,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and that Joe was very helpful. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is nicely located close to airport in Los Angeles and just off the 405 freeway which takes you north and south. Rooms and beds are very comfortable, hotel is clean with friendly staff. I would recommend this hotel and plan to visit again when in Los Angeles, CA.

Room Tip: Parking is convenient but fees are lower than other hotels in area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ron P,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm very happy to hear that your stay went well and that you enjoyed our staff. We also strive to make every guests stay a memorable one. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The room was just about spacious...location of course is great.
Service was average...but that's the US for an international traveler when it comes to service.
I'd recommend this place only if one doesn't have a reasonable alternative. Do remember to check...because there are quite a few in the vicinity. My best.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear ShipSam,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm sorry to hear that your stay wasn't more memorable. Please feel free to contact me at 310-981-2339 or nancyr@hilax.com at your earliest convenience so you can let me know what we could have done better to have made this stay better for you. Thank you again.

Sierra Vista, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

To begin, the check-in staff was less than the friendliest I've encountered. The busy lobby was hot; the air, seemingly unconditioned. When I asked about good local restaurants the response was that of extremely limited knowledge. "I don't know. What do you want to eat?" No local menus, coupons, nor suggestions. Not helpful.

The halls, building, and rooms seemed dated. They tried to "update" it by putting newer furniture and appointments in the rooms, but the overall appearance has not changed. It's an old hotel, and it is readily apparent.

I do not have time, normally, to enjoy video games and the like at home, so when I go on business trips, I like to spend some time playing those and relaxing in my off-time. In this hotel, however, the "engineer", who barely spoke English, couldn't even figure out how to activate the HDMI port, or any other port for that matter, on the television in the room. Eventually, he let me try out his super remote, and I figured it out. I'm no television expert, but come on. Why does the television repair guy not know how to work the televisions? Unacceptable.

At the end of the first day, I decided to try out the Landing's Lounge, restaurant and bar. The service was horrible. The male and female bartenders made it seem like I was inconveniencing them by sitting at their bar and actually ordering food, drink, etc. They were not friendly in the least. Their attitudes were atrocious. Then, when I received the fish and chips that I ordered, the "chips", which are a tasty and distinctly English side dish made of thick sliced potatoes fried to a crisp, were terrible. They were soggy, and cold, seeming like they had been soaked in oil for hours. On a contrary note, the fish was wonderful! How can you get one so right, and the other so wrong? Mind boggling. Also, the $6 beer is a small. You can't find a tall to save your life there. The prices are ridiculous for what you get.

The parking garage is tiny, ill-placed, and difficult to navigate in anything larger than a Prius. It also costs ~$20 a day to park there.

All-in-all this airport hotel is a convenient location if you're travelling in and out quickly, but not worth the hassle if you are staying at all. Would NOT recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear CRANK13,

First and foremost l; I wanted to thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I’m very disappointed to hear that your stay didn't go well. We definitely expect much more from our employees than what you have expressed. I would love an opportunity to speak to you about when you stayed and who you interacted with so I can have a coaching session with the employees. Also I would love to see if there is anything I can do to make this better for you. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 310-649-5151 or at nancyr@hilax.com.

Lambertville, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Agree with previous reviews that it is below average for brand (HI is my preferred brand). Positive is that room size is good, internet is free, it is very close to the airport, and breakfast, while a bit pricey, is varied and good. The room itself was very dated and there were stains of some sort on my sheet. The internet connection was sporadic. Air conditioner was so loud I could not talk over it at the desk. A minor annoyance is only one phone and it is next to bed, so not functional for business travelers (put it on the desk). The window outwards was small and boxy, so while big, the room was a bit claustrophobic. The check in service was understaffed but definitely friendly, as was the breakfast staff.

Room Tip: Traffic noise from La cienaga is pretty loud. Recommend you get an odd number room facing away
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Julio F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear trinzeon,

Thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not up to par. We have recently been taken over by a new management company and are in the process of getting the hotel renovated. Please feel free to contact me at 310-649-5151 or nancyr@hilax.com if you would like to talk about your stay in further detail.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport? Share your experiences!