“professional hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   404 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #64 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver, Canada
“professional hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed 3 days in this Downtown L.A. hotel last month and have enjoyed this very much, the staffs are all freindly and helpful, big and elegant lobby, room not too big but the price was very reasonable, very nice swimming pool and 35th floor revolving lounge, a good option for tourist!

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
lmccue77, Director of Sales at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thanks for this great review! We are very happy to learn you had an enjoyable visit with us during the Holidays. We are looking forward to your next visit wiith us. Thanks again for your review.

1,639 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Obviously this hotel could not care less whether or not you wait in the designated check in line. True, it's a 15-20 minute wait...but I observed guests simply by pass the official line to save time. When I expressed my disappoint to the clerk and later the manager (Mario), I was astonished that they decided handled the situation by deciding to refuse to check me in and instead offer me a refund. I do guess they encourage guests to cut in line rather than wait properly, so if you are staying here, I'd recommend you choose the path of least resistance which is to cut in line rather than wait in line. Especially if Hugo, who was the clerk who was gladly accepting line cutters. For me, guess I'll find another hotel to stay at. The smart ones who read this will follow me to competing hotels which are better managed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Rialto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed at the Westin Bonaventure for one night after watching a play in Los Angeles. It is a beautiful hotel. The room was very inviting and the beds were so comfortable. The hotel staff was very professional and attended to us right away. When we got to our room the entry light was out. I advised one of the hotel staff and within minutes someone came to change the bulb. My only complaint is that if you are staying over night you have to use the valet to park your vehicle. It was $42.00 for one night stay! Other than that we enjoyed the ambiance and the terrific dinner at LA Prime located in the hotel.

Room Tip: For breakfast I would suggest Starbucks. Unless you are a heavy eater the buffet is too expensive...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your thoughful review. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and were able to enjoy our wonderful cuisine at our signature steakhouse, LA Prime. We get lots of great comments on our food, service and breathtaking views. Thanks again for you review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

This is a great hotel in a fun location. Across the street from Starbucks and surrounded by shopping. The hotl is hug and has several restaurants and shops inside. The staff was very very professional and helpful. The room was nice and quiet. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Great rooms and friendly professional staff
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your review. You point out many of the great features of our hotel. Our location is close to dozens of fun restaurants, bars and downtown attractions, including LA Live. We are also very close to the Bunker Hill Financial District. Thanks again!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

There are many things to consider when it comes to choosing a hotel, so my review reflects preferences I suppose. I was in the hotel for a week attending a three day conference and the extra days were just for me. The hotel is in a great location in downtown LA, the hotel looks very attractive and it has a lot of history. Many well known movies have been shot in the hotel and as a matter of fact, shooting of a movie was taking place during my week long stay there. I asked for a very quiet room, and I got a very quiet room on the 24th floor, which is the preferred guest floor. They also gave me a room with a view for no up charge. I was paying the conference rate, which was very low, so I was not expecting them to upgrade to a great view.

As they knew my flight times they offered me early check in and late check out well ahead of my arrival and without me having ask for it, great touch on their behalf. The room was clean, well maintained and well stocked to begin with. There were a few minor issues that I am sure would have been resolved had I brought it up to anyone’s attention. I, however, prefer not to complain, so I cannot judge the hotel since they weren’t given an opportunity to rectify the situation. The hotel has a lot of shops and restaurants on the first couple of floors that are worth exploring.
The breakfast buffet was kind of pricy, at $28 per person, which is just a standard American breakfast. To me, personally, the value should of it is $8.00, maybe $10 since it was in California

. The hotel only has valet parking, which is also pricey at $40 per night for guests. You can definitely find cheaper breakfast and parking within a very short walking distance.
Make sure you take a walk around the area to enjoy downtown LA. I actually walked to Korea Town which is 3 miles one way, followed by Chinatown and Little Tokyo all on the same day. I think it was like a 15 mile walk for the day, but well worth it (not for kids though). Obviously, my interests are in the Asian markets.

Room Tip: Just ask them for a quiet room and they will be happy to give you one :). I got one on the 24th floo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your thoughtful and very comprehensive review. Wow! Thanks for staying a few days after your conference concluded and we are pleased that we were abe to accommodate your request for higher floors and views. You were also here during a very extensive film shoot. We transformed several fo our lower atrium floors into futuristic sets. Think space travel and some very big stars. For your next visit check with the Garage Manager when you arrive for nearby parking options that offer lower priced options withn a couple minutes walk. Thanks again for your review!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Me, my husband, and my 15 month old had a reservation here last night so we could go to the Pelicans and Clippers game. We drove up from Coronado just for one night for this game. Well, we parked valet (which is the only option). Normally I prefer valet, but was a little put off by the cost-- but it was a sunk cost of $40+. So I sighed and went on to check in. Check-in was pretty fast, but I was shocked when I asked for a map of the hotel.. and they didn't have any. Normally I wouldn't request a map, but this hotel has 3 towers, and a deck with pool and patio located on the fourth floor.. so I could see my husband getting lost easily. (Yes the lobby area was pretty, but that is the one thing this place has going for it, apparently.) We walked towards the elevators, and were asked to wait by an attendant who had just turned the elevators off because of smoke coming out of one of them. He quickly reassured us once they had reached the bottom that it was safe to go up... So we got to the 24th floor (a preferred guest floor--although it didn't seem it). Our room was dingy smelly (like mold or something) and the space was extremely tiny. That wasn't the scary part though. The scary part was that the window, which is directly above the many over and underpasses of highways below, was not screwed in and completely closed! This was terrifying for me, especially because the window is my 15 month old's favorite place to run when we get to a hotel room! So after talking with my husband, I decided to go to the front desk. I stopped on the way out of the room and asked an attendant about the patio area/for directions. He ignored me, so I kept saying "Excuse me, hello?...." and he peeked his head around the corner, pointed to himself, and said,"Me no ingles." This was the last straw for me. I already felt uncomfortable and scared, and then there is no one around who can help? So I went straight to the front desk, explained the horror and they refunded our stay and our parking. Our whole night was ruined, and we drove all the way back to Coronado--in the traffic. I would not wish this on anyone. (Not in our room, I also saw--from the elevator-- another room in the next tower where the bottom part of the window was completely open with a curtain hanging out!) End note- the staff was helpful and considerate when giving us a refund and sending us on our way. So customer service wise they were Okay. They could not have convinced us to stay even in a suite. Good luck if you decide to stay here. For us it was a nightmare.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and please accept our sincere apologies for such a difficult stay that you experienced. We normally don't fall down this hard or so often for our guests. We had so many opportunities to make your stay more comfortable, and we fell short. We have maps available at the concierge desk and have service training for our non English speaking associates. At one time some of the guest room windows could be open. Many years ago they were permanently sealed for safety. I am sorry that we had to refund you and that you could not enjoy your visit. If you are at all interested in returning please email to labon@westin.com and reference lmccue77. We will guarantee that you and your family are completely satisfied. Thanks again for assisting us in identifying several training opportunities.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was my first time at the Hotel Bonaventure. My boyfriend and I booked it via a third party site for about 100/nt. I will agree with the others the parking is outrageous, but the valet staff (as well as everyone we met) were very pleasant and professional. Google the hotel to see all the movies in which this hotel has been filmed... Makes for some fun trivia. Pool was small, but clean, lots of loungers for the sun. The room we had was small for a king, but the bed was very comfortable and the view great. Everything was clean and they do have free bottles of water in room, that were restocked. We ate a small meal at the brewery on site and it was very good food, beer was excellent and all half off for happy hour. It is a convenient place to stay for visiting various parts of the city, like Hollywood; or even if you stick around in the city for a night or two. Plenty of restaurants, coffee shops and a small shopping center within walking distance. Definitely recommended... Check some of the other reviews for cheaper parking ideas! Oh... if you have issues with heights, the elevators are glass and travel outside the building. Very cool, but hard for those who don't like heights.

Room Tip: Rooms are oddly shaped and most are small. For better views choose floors as high as they have avail...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and noticing our long history with many famous Hollywood movies. Several of our famous view elevators are featured in movies like True Lies and In the Line of Fire. Dark Night Rises recently used the hotel as an outside location. It is a good idea to check for alternative parking. Thanks again for your review.

Been to The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!