Great stay. I loved the property. The elevators are all glass and after the 4th floor or so you are on the outside of the building looking out at a lovely view. We stayed in the yellow tower on the 24th floor and had an awesome view of the Hollywood sign going up and a great view of the beautiful pool deck from our room. The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was really good. My daughter and I loved exploring the shops around and the interesting floor layout. It was nice coming back after a long day and being able to pick up a few little things we needed and even getting a subway sandwich when we wanted a quick bite to eat. There is one shop that sells snacks and drinks. The drinks are cheap. Room service drinks(sodas) are $4.75. I think they were like .87 in the little kitchen store on the 4th floor. I used the town car back to LAX and it was worth the $5 more over a taxi ride. I also used the laundry service to have a shirt cleaned and pressed and it was great. The shirt was in my closet when I returned after sending it out in the morning.
I can only say 2 things negative about our experience: First, the check-in line was crazy long. I didn't notice there was another line for preferred guest. Just join the free program when you book the hotel if your not already a member and look for this line. This would have saved us about 20 minutes as that line moved rapidly while the regular line moved painfully slow. I thought we just picked a slow line until I got to the counter and noticed the sign for preferred guests on the other side of the column separating the lines. Second, room service was bad. The food was bad and they never picked my tray back up even the next day. I pushed it out into the hall as I didn't want the smelly food in my room so it didn't bother me too bad. Overall, I really loved this property and location and would stay there again. Also, there is an Enterprise car rental agency in the hotel. Use this!!! don't depend on getting a taxi from an event(bad experience) and don't use the metro (scary homeless people sleep in there... eek!). Had I known about the town car service, perhaps I could have called the hotel and requested a car to pick me up. I waited 45 minutes to get a taxi after an event and was worried I would not get back from the sports arena. Next time, I will definitely rent a car. You really do need it in LA. Taxi services are unreliable and will leave you hanging and the metro stinks unless you are with some other people to protect you. Uber is a joke! they jack the price up when leaving an event. Quoted me $145 for a $15 dollar trip via cab. I finally did get a cab back to the hotel but it was a bit scary for awhile and my battery on my phone only had 6% left! Yikes!! Again, rent a car!!!!! Lesson learned!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frequently featured in movies and TV, this iconic LA symbol is found in the Financial District. We are also within walking distance of Los Angeles Convention Center plus entertainment venues such as the Staples Center, Nokia Theater, LA Live and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Starwood, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel And Suites
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel Los Angeles
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Westin Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin