“Watch the parking lot at checkout time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites

You added The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   404 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #76 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
San Diego
“Watch the parking lot at checkout time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I visited this hotel recently to attend an event, and booked an overnight stay.. I will echo the other reviews in regarding the Iconic location, views and lobby. The rooms were well appointed, if a bit small for this part of the world. My wife and I love the "heavenly beds" at all Westins and this was no exception.

The wonderful thing about this hotel is the service. Each contact we had with the staff was friendly and helpful and each one was trying their best to go out of their way to help. It was the sort of experience that you expect from this sort of hotel.

Traveler Beware: We left the hotel at noon on Sunday, a peak checkout time. The waiting area for auto pickup was mobbed and it took over 20 minutes for them to retrieve our car. they were moving very quickly, and I cant see how they could have been faster, but this could be an issue if you are on a tight schedule.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The surprising thing about this downtown big box hotel is that it had personality. I have stayed in large hotels like this where, other than for checkin/checkout you hardly see a soul. The LA Westin have gone out of their way to engage guests and it was always positive and friendly. Kudos to you’all.

Because to the unusual building design, rooms are not the standard square dimensions, which is kind of fun. My room was well appointed and the mega double bed particularly comfortable, which certainly helped manage the jet lag. The work desk was practical and the office chair of good quality and supportive. Wifi is fee based, but a good speed.
The bathroom continues the irregular shape theme, but had lots of shelf space (which I like, nothing worse than having to leave your toilets on the floor or in awkward places) and the rain either/or regular shower does the job. The bow curtail rail shape means that you don’t get the shower curtain wrapped around you when showering ~ thoughtful.
The only down side was that most hotel restaurants are of the quick food variety and there are no sensible alternatives within walking distance.

On balance a very comfortable stay.

Room Tip: As the external elevators are quite efficient, don't be afraid to go for a high room, with excel...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ashley D, Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We are very appreciative of your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a refreshing stay with us at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites. Thank you for your comments regarding our unique and well-appointed hotel. We are pleased to read that you found our Westin Heavenly beds to be relaxing and refreshing after a long day of traveling. Your specific insights on the property are very appreciative and we will address these comments with the respective Department Heads. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I must tell you the unpleasant experience at the hotel.
When I checked into the hotel last night at 11:50pm, 2/14, there was a long line at the check-in counter. As an SPG’s preferred member, I waited at the “SPG Preferred” check-in counter.

Two hotel agents were chatting at the counter for 10 minutes, ignoring my waiting. After they finally done with chatting and hugging each other, both left the counter. When I asked them for help as they were leaving, they told me to wait for someone else. No one ever came after another 20 minutes waiting.

I finally went to the check-in line for non SPG preferred guest and waited for another 10 minutes because I got service.

I must say that I have stayed at Westin hotels around the world and never experienced a poor service like at this hotel. This is shocking to me and contradictory to the Westin brand.

Please avoid the hotel. Other agents have poor attitude and don't care about the guest's needs. They are hired for the job nor for the hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel. It was a disappointment to read your review and see that you did not experience the Westin at its finest. I have forwarded your comments over to our Director of Front Desk and we will look into additional training immediately. We appreciate every guest that chooses to stay with us and are sorry to hear you did not have the relaxing and enjoyable stay that we strive to provide. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, your feedback is greatly appreciated.
iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I thought this hotel was very impressive. The lobby was very interesting. The views from the rooms and the elevators were awesome. I was there for a convention and everything was very convenient. We walked down 6 blocks to the Staples center the night of the grammy awards. There are many restaurants nearby to choose from as well as several in the hotel. The meeting rooms were cold and sound from the hallway was easy to hear in the room but those were really my only complaints. The staff was extremely friendly and seemed willing to do whatever was necessary to make my stay pleasant.

Room Tip: A room on a high floor would have the best views
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

When you first walk in, you sense something different from the other Westin hotels. When you start to see the attention to design detail in the lobby, you're hoping the rooms are nice. And when you open your room door, you realize it's exceeded everything. Beautiful hotel with well appointed standard rooms that are VERY clean and a great bed. Lots of desk space to get work done; could use an extra electrical outlet, but not a big deal. Service in all areas was great; food & beverage, meetings, checking, and housekeeping. Everyone seemed thankful we had our meetings there, and I hope we'll return soon.
Well done Westin!

• Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here for three nights and mostly enjoyed it. Solid, well constructed rooms. Bed was extraordinarily comfortable. Very good (albeit pricey --typical for upscale branded hotels) breakfast buffet. They have a revolving restaurant here on the top floor so you can look at the whole of LA over a very long dinner or drinks.

Service for the most part great, with the exception that I was told the staff's "policy" is to NOT accept messages -- even a verbal one -- to anyone aside from yourself. So when I asked my brother to come meet me and didn't have my cell working, I was pretty restricted. A bit irritating as I would expect this basic favor from any of the other major players or boutiques.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

It's fun to stay in an iconic building and this certainly is one. Great views of LA from the room. It's a massive hotel so long walks everywhere. The rooms are slightly bizarre - a mix of old and new.

There was nothing bad about the hotel but nothing particularly noteworthy. Some cool movie memorabilia plus a wax figure of George Clooney in the lobby.

Had breakfast at hotel and omelette/frittata was very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ashley D, Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are very appreciative of your feedback and your comments regarding the views from the guestrooms, interesting movie memorabilia on property and the cuisine in the restaurant. I will be sure to forward on your comment about the delectable omelet to our Executive Chef and his team. We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to make your stay more remarkable next time you are in Los Angeles. Thank you again for sharing your review.