Myself & my partner stayed in September for 4 days. It's in an east Downtown location with lots of public transport options availabe within a few blocks. The Tourbus even stops at the hotel before heading to Hollywood - very convienant. A downside is there is no where to go out to get dinner or pick up some snacks outside the hotel after about 5. We walked over to the food court across the road at 6 and everything was shut down. We had to eat at the hotel then which of course, was quite expensive.
Our room had the most amazing view of LA I've ever seen - We could see all the way to Hollywood and out towards Chinatown not to mention the rest of downtown from our 22nd floor room. It was comfortable, spacious & clean & my bathroom was stylish & modern. We got room away from the elevators so I could sleep with the curtains open and enjoy the sunshine highlighting LA in the morning :)
The Lobby is a bit of a mess in the design itself, twists and turns and some floor have stairs and some have lifts and the ltte korean & chinese shops were dirty & did not match a 5* standard - we stayed well away. I did love the fountain and lounge chairs and the Pool is in best location I've ever been in!
Being a Westin employee myself at the time - I was disappointed with the staff - We only met one staff member, a young girl at the front desk who helped us with any amount of care. Anyone else we came into contact with seemed annoyed and impolite.
My main con about staying here, was that we went down to breakfast one morning and weren't greeted by anyone, it was quite empty and we thought it was closed then a man in white shouted across the restaurant to come over to him. So he let us sit down and got us some tea he didn't ask us anything or converse at all with us. None one cared we were there and we felt very uncomfortable. We had a plate of breakfast & I went back over to get some fruit and the buffet was gone! They didn't even ask us if we were finished eating or if we needed anything else, just took it all away. So I paid 44 dollars with a service charge on top of that (because they add in their own) for 2 teas, a bit off eggs and some bacon. I was so mad & disappointed. I myself was a breakfast waiter at a Westin and couldn't believe the difference in treatment I recieved.
I think maybe because they add their own tip automatically maybe it takes away some of the care for the job. It's sad, really & I won't return for breakfast.
Overall I did love my stay & I definately will go back - It was classy & clean & I had the time of my life on my trip. Stay here! Just bring your own food or eat out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frequently featured in movies and TV, this iconic LA symbol is found in the Financial District. We are also within walking distance of Los Angeles Convention Center plus entertainment venues such as the Staples Center, Nokia Theater, LA Live and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel And Suites
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel Los Angeles
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Westin Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin