I was not a guest at the Westin Bonaventure but I spent a whole afternoon and evening at The Bona Vista lounge which is the revolving lounge at the top of the hotel. I couldn't find it on tripadvisor so I am putting down my review as part of the hotel entry.
I visited the lounge with friends while on a leisure trip with friends in January 2012. I was referred to the place by a friend and I can say that it was one of the best referrals I ever got fro a fellow traveler. The lounge is located at the top of The Westin Bonaventure hotel in the LA financial center. It has a magnificent view on all of LA, Hollywood and Santa Monica. the view is simply breathtaking regardless of what time of the day you are in.
It it probably the best attraction of the lounge. If you come in the afternoon you will sure experience the wonderful LA skyline and the great residential plains scattered all across the city. At night the scene changes into something out of a fairly tale. The view transforms into a dazzling festival of lights, you can see all LA lights shining everywhere among the darkness of the clear Californian sky. The lounge is revolving, so it turns at 360 degrees each 50 minutes and it gives you the benefit at looking at all sides of the city without leaving the comfort of your seat, although I doubt that you will stay put as you will want to snap pictures from every single angle. At some point you become facing the tall skyscrapers of the commercial district and that's another magical show of lights.
The service at the lounge is worthy of a 5 star. All employees are simply perfect at what they do, they are always smiley and help in anyway possible to show you around, point at the best things to see, suggesting the nicest cocktails and meals on the menu. They are always surrounding you without barging in. I loved how I was treated knowing that I did not have a huge bill. This shows great value and great respect to customers.
Needless to say the menus were also fantastic, very easy to understand and very easy to order from, they hold all what one requires from a lounge. The drinks, cocktails and wines are just great. The list is endless and very refined. Prices are very balanced for such a place and you can sure enjoy the best of the menu at very reasonable prices knowing that you are being served in a 5 star place.
I fully recommend the lounge for all visitors to LA and even to residents of the city. you don;t need a reservation if you are going for drinks, just let the elevator lift you to a dazzling world of lights amidst a gorgeous sky. trust me you will not regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly presiding over the City of Angels, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites provides the ultimate urban oasis in the heart of the business district. An international symbol that has come to represent the beauty and sophistication of the city itself, this famous Westin Los Angeles hotel is one of the most photographed destinations in the world. Stroll through our atrium lobby and you'll immediately see why. Whether you're visiting for a leisurely weekend getaway, business meeting or special event, our downtown Los Angeles accommodations define the essence of modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and BookIt.com so you can book your The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel And Suites
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel Los Angeles
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Westin Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin