“The Bona Vista lounge at the Bonaventure......a must” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites

You added The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   404 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #80 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Montreal, Canada
“The Bona Vista lounge at the Bonaventure......a must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I was not a guest at the Westin Bonaventure but I spent a whole afternoon and evening at The Bona Vista lounge which is the revolving lounge at the top of the hotel. I couldn't find it on tripadvisor so I am putting down my review as part of the hotel entry.

I visited the lounge with friends while on a leisure trip with friends in January 2012. I was referred to the place by a friend and I can say that it was one of the best referrals I ever got fro a fellow traveler. The lounge is located at the top of The Westin Bonaventure hotel in the LA financial center. It has a magnificent view on all of LA, Hollywood and Santa Monica. the view is simply breathtaking regardless of what time of the day you are in.
It it probably the best attraction of the lounge. If you come in the afternoon you will sure experience the wonderful LA skyline and the great residential plains scattered all across the city. At night the scene changes into something out of a fairly tale. The view transforms into a dazzling festival of lights, you can see all LA lights shining everywhere among the darkness of the clear Californian sky. The lounge is revolving, so it turns at 360 degrees each 50 minutes and it gives you the benefit at looking at all sides of the city without leaving the comfort of your seat, although I doubt that you will stay put as you will want to snap pictures from every single angle. At some point you become facing the tall skyscrapers of the commercial district and that's another magical show of lights.

The service at the lounge is worthy of a 5 star. All employees are simply perfect at what they do, they are always smiley and help in anyway possible to show you around, point at the best things to see, suggesting the nicest cocktails and meals on the menu. They are always surrounding you without barging in. I loved how I was treated knowing that I did not have a huge bill. This shows great value and great respect to customers.

Needless to say the menus were also fantastic, very easy to understand and very easy to order from, they hold all what one requires from a lounge. The drinks, cocktails and wines are just great. The list is endless and very refined. Prices are very balanced for such a place and you can sure enjoy the best of the menu at very reasonable prices knowing that you are being served in a 5 star place.

I fully recommend the lounge for all visitors to LA and even to residents of the city. you don;t need a reservation if you are going for drinks, just let the elevator lift you to a dazzling world of lights amidst a gorgeous sky. trust me you will not regret it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
lmccue77, Director of Sales at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear SagaLEB, We are very pleased that your visit to The BonaVista Lounge was such a wonderful experience for you and your guests. Your comments on our views, employees and cuisine are greatly appreciated. The Lounge itself plays host to many movies and commercials, including an 80's Sitcom called "It's a Living". You can look it up on social media for a laugh. Thank you once again for your comments. We are very proud of our BVL, and will pass your accolades on to our great staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Turkish first
Menifee, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I was in LA on a short business trip. I have never stayed at the Westin Bonaventure..what a treat. The staff were incredible. I felt like a queen my entire stay.

Room Tip: away from the elevators and 20th floor or higher what a fantastic view of the city sites.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear NurseBethany, Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy that you were comfortable and refreshed. Please let us know when you are planning a return trip and we will make sure to give you a room on one of our higher floors. The eveing lights of downtown are an amazing sight. Thanks again!
CultureSleuth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Five night stay for business. Hotel service was accomodating and reasonably friendly. Room was quiet, bed comfy, heat and air worked well. Hotel is massive, but the colored "tower" elevators allow for easy navigation. Only drawback - and it was really a drawback - was the food was simply horrendous! We had @ 500 people in our group, so maybe this is not a fair assessment, but I simply never had a good meal. Also, a little over the top with the A/C - but again, may have been due to the large group.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear CultureSleuth, Thank you for your review and for being our guest for five nights. We appreciate your comments about our comfortable rooms and other accommodations, however, your comments regarding our food quality are a concern. We believe we have identified your group and will review all meals and break details with our F&B Director and our Executive Chef. If you are planning on returning to LA I would like to personally host you and your guests at our fine dining restaurant, LA Prime. Please email us at labon@westin.com so I can make reservations. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin Bonaventure.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I'm pleased to say that I enjoyed my first visit to Los Angeles. I was welcomed at the Westin Hotel by the front desk clerk Ashley who reluctantly told me that my room was not available, this news upset me very much but Ashley graciously offered us an upgrade to a nicer room which immediately set me at ease. I was glad to see that the room was unbelieveable, the bed was absolutely devine and the room service was scrumptious! And I was lucky to get to checked out by Ashley. Overall I had a great stay.

• Stayed January 2012
Czarcinski, General Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you very much I appreciate the feedback and the opportunity to recognize Ashley. The opportunity to stay in a hotel where so many movies and commercials are filmed is allways a topic of conversation among our guests. There was a major motion picture recently filmed here that will be released this summer. Thank you so much for choosing The Bonaventure and hope to see you again soom.

Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Having seen the Westin Bonaventure used in movies for years (True Lies, In the Line of Fire, etc), I stayed here for a business meeting being held at the JW Marriott down the street. For a large, downtown I was extremely pleasantly surprised. The rooms have very recently been refurbished (new carpet, furniture, wall covering). My room was a 31st floor suite (thank you SPG platinum), with a very comfortable bed, great furnishings, and incredibly spacious. Views were unbelievable, and I got to make fun of my colleague who could not face the windows in the elevator (cowered against the door due to fear of heights).

Breakfast in the restaurant was very well done, albeit at large downtown business hotel prices. Staff in the restaurant, front desk, bell desk, and doorman were great.

My only critical comment would be a softball I threw to the concierge. I asked if he could have a bottle of champagne couriered to a business associate who is taking a new job. The request befuddled him, offering room service on the telephone. I know I was looking for a creative solution (the Ritz or the St Regis would take an address, and charge me out the wazoo to do it, but they'd do it). Instead I had to make other arrangements. No big deal.

I recommend this hotel and will return if given the need to return to LA.

Room Tip: High up! Break out the O2 bottles. You don't want to be on the 4th floor of this iconic tower.
Dear Rowingman,

Thank you so much for the review and for Choosing the Bonaventure while in town for your conference. Yes we are the largest hotel in the City of Los Angeles and we just wrapped another major motion picture filming that will be released this summer. We will also learn from your champagne experience. Thank you again so much, we look forward to your return.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights recently for a national sales meeting held in the hotel. Rooms were a bit smaller than I expected, but the bed was very comfortable, so I didn't really mind. When in LA, one doesn't really stay in their room too much anyway. I did have an issue with my sink on the second day, it started leaking profusely from the bottom, I called down to the front desk before I left for my meeting, and when I came back 2 hours later the bathroom had been cleaned up and sink repaired as if nothing had ever happened. I give great credit to the maintenance and front desk staff for getting that problem fixed up in a hurry, especially for such a large hotel. I also really like the complementary WiFi you get in your hotel room, you don't find that in many of the larger chains.

I did expected the soundproofing to be better than it was. On the third night, the person in the room next to me apparently had too much to drink, and I got to hear in every gory detail as he became quite sick in his bathroom... so loudly that it sounded like he was in my room. I suggest getting a room away from the elevator, because you can hear the hallway noise quite well if you don't have a TV on.

As for the location, don't stay here if you expect to be in the middle of everything. The Staples Center is about a 10 minute walk from here, but other than that there isn't really anything to do outside of the hotel that doesn't mean taking a cab to. Now the hotel has several dining options, and several different bars. I suggest the Bonaventure Lounge, a rotating eatery/bar at the top of the hotel.

All in all, I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the upper levels and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Czarcinski, General Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear Haarpoon,

Thank you very much for the review, I shared your comments with our team. This feedback helps share great stories and also assists us in improving where needed. The team is truly the best of the best and we do our best to deliver great on Brand Westin Bonaventure service and products. When there is a challenge it great to see that our team handled it professionally and quickly.
Our location being right in the heart of downtown gives you the opportunity to have it all. We are attached by walkways to a majority of the Fortune 500 businesses in downtown Los Angeles. Wea are in walking distance of Theatre, Concerts and Museums. If LA Live is a place to see you acan also walk there. We are two blocks from the Metro station just a short train ride to Hollywood and Universal Studios.
In regard to the sound please send your room number and a short description to labon@westin.com. I will follow up on that sound challeng we can add some more insulation if possible.

Thank you again and we look forward to you return.

SoCal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

+ Great location in downtown LA, lots of onsite restaurants, easy valet parking, no street noise (at least on 26th floor), good sized rooms, a couple of specials for SPG members, coffee bar
- registration was slow - too many guests and too few checkin agents

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Czarcinski, General Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you very much for the review we appreciate the feedback and you are right for business we are great but also a short cab or walk to great restaurants, theatre, and LA Live. Thanks so much and we will make sure your next checkin is quicker!! All the best and thank you again.

MC

Been to The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!