“Finally stayed here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 340 Hotels in Los Angeles
Zanesville, OH
“Finally stayed here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My son goes to usc so we have always tried to stay here,but usually it's booked. I would say it's a little like a Fairfield inn room. All the staff are very friendly and the property was very clean. My husband and son swam in the pool. Continental breakfast was served in the office, so it's best to bring it back to the room. Bagels and donuts of good quality. Coffee, lemonade, etc available all day. Bed was very comfortable. Fridge and micro in room. Free on site parking. Doors open to outside, so I would not feel comfortable staying there alone, but would definitely stay there again with family....classic motel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking part of your time to share your feedback.

We are glad you had a surprisingly good stay with us. All of the information we obtain from our Guest it is utilized to train and better our services. We hope in the near future you do not have any problems when making your reservations. We do recommend you book in advance.

Sincerely, Joana-General Manager!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the campus. Having booked the hotel last minute the check in process was very smooth and even traveling around at night despite the questionable neighborhood wasn't too worrisome. Considering the two star ranking this hotel is above average and worth giving a shot, especially if you just need a place to stay for a few nights, because of the spacious room and amenities.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jos R,

Thank you for your recent stay.

We are happy to hear you had a successful stay and your expectations were met.

We hope in the near future if are within the area you remember us.

Sincerely, Joana- General Manager!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I've stayed here many times. Nothing but good things to say! Nazneen was professional, patient, and courteous. And Maria (head of housekeeping?) was equally so. She even remembered me from my last stay. I would compare it favorably with the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Seriously.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear John O,

Thank you for your recent stay. We are happy to hear you had a successful stay with us. We hope in the near future if you need a place to stay you think of us. Thank you!

Sincerely, Joana Zendejas-General manager!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The lady who checked us in is named Nazneen and she is a beautiful person. The room is clean and there's a fridge, microwave, continental breakfast and a pool so we're happy. Also, it shares a parking lot with a noodle house and Nazneen was nice enough to tell us that we get a 10% discount as guests - we tried it and it works!

So if you like Thai food or pho or noodles, the Vagabond is a good choice

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking part of your busy schedule to share your feedback. We are happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. We appreciate the recognition you give to our staff as this motivates us to improve ad better our services. Hope next time you stay with I have the chance to meet you. Thank you!

Joana Zendejas- General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I am a regular guest at the Vagabond Inn it's a really nice hotel and in a good location its near Staples Center and many dining places most of them are fast food restaurants.Everytime I want to get away I stay there I feel at home and always enjoy my stay.From all the times Ive stayed there I had the chance to meet Joana the manager she is always helping in the front desk and is always around.I can honestly say some of the front desk staff is awesome.Most of the time I've checked in Jessica has helped me and she is very helpful and very polite and is always greeting everyone as they come in with a lovely smile.I am not the type to complain but one of the staff members Nazneen is very rude and unprofessional as I was waiting to be checked in I asked if she can help me and she said no because her shift was over that I had to wait for the other clerk to check me in I was upset and told her I was going to make a complain to her manager and she quickly said that she did not care because she had another job and she really didn't need this job I was shocked to hear her say something like that to me I find this so unprofessional and I really don't understand why the vagabond has people like her working there when they don't seem to care about their job nor the guest .all I wanted was to check in.From all the times I have stayed there I had no problem with any of the other staff checking me in even when their shift was over I just hope the next time I stay there I won't have to be check in by that rude front desk clerk.Overall everything is great .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered though the check in process. I have brought this up to the attention of Nazneen as her behavior is unacceptable. We assure you this will not happen again. Thank you for your loyalty and I am happy to know Jessica and I have been of your assistance. We hope to see you soon.

Sincerely, Joana Zendejas-GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My family and I was there for three weeks , I work a grave yard shift. The staff was very accommodating and understanding. I would recommend Vagabond to any one, good location to shops, grocery store, and freeways. Great place to stay

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Henry E,

Thank you for your recent stay. We are happy to hear you had a wonderful stay in our location. On behalf of the staff Maria and Lupe we want to say "Thank You." The recognition we get from our Guest means a lot to us not only professionally but personally. The great comments and reviews we receive from Guest let's us know we are headed the right path. Hopefully in the near future if you need Hotel accommodations you choose us.

Sincerely, Joana Zendejas-GM
Davao City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

our family had a memorable stay in this hotel. They accommodate us in our early check in request without second thought. thank you to Nazneen in the front desk. The room was big and clean, very safe. almost walking distance to grocery stores, restaurants . overall i recommend this place. will surely come back and stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear MotherShamu,

We are happy to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. Your feedback is important to us as it is used to better our services and product. On behalf of the staff Nazneen and myself we invite you to come to our property next time you are in Town.

Sincerely, Joana-GM

Been to Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC? Share your experiences!