“Adequate, good location, but don't let the front desk call you a cab!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC

You added Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC to your Saves list
Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3101 S. Figueroa st, Los Angeles, CA 90007   |
Ranked #106 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
West Bend, Wisconsin
“Adequate, good location, but don't let the front desk call you a cab!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Vagabond Inn was in a great location to walk to the USC campus. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Our only disappointment was when we asked the young girl at the front desk to call a cab for us. She called a very expensive limo service for us and we landed up paying double the cost of a cab to go from the Vagabond Inn to the Ritz Carlton for a meeting. According the the Ritz Carlton, our cost should have been between 45 to 60 dollars and since there was NO traffic or delays that day, the trip took less than 25 minutes. We paid $85 dollars for our trip. Our advice, call your own cab. Also we could hear almost every word the people in the next room said both nights we stayed there, so either they were standing outside our door, or the walls are very thin. We kept the TV on so we could not hear them and fall asleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Pat E,

Thank you for your recent stay at our property. Your opinion,suggestions, recommendations are important to us. We appreciate you took part of your time to write your review and share not only with the Hotel but every with our future Guest's.

I have brought up to the attention of our Staff in regards to the Taxi issue. It seems like it was miscommunication on our side. Whomever called the cab should have asked you if you wanted a private more comfortable cab or just the local cab drivers. I apologize for the incovinience this caused you I assure you this will not happen again to any of our Guest's. In regards to the noise unfortunately if we don't get notified of loud noises we cannot control it. In the future if noise is extremely loud please notify us immediately and we will take care of any problems you have. Once again please except our apology. Happy Holidays!

Sincerely, Joana R-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is like a 2nd home to me. I can walk to USC. There is ample parking. The staff call me by name and make sure I have everything. Just a few of them: Joana,Mgr; Maria, House; Samatha, Nazneen, Eddie, Jessica - front desk. Ezeekial, Maint.

Room Tip: business king has desk and 2 nice chairs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear James R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to know my staff and myself gave you a good experienced during your recent stay. Hopefully next time you come in to stay at our property I have the opportunity to thank you in person.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very attentive staff, clean rooms, and comfortable parking space. Maria and Nazneen helped me out in finding my earphones when I lost them after checking out. I'm grateful to these two and can say will stay here for next LA trips. Thanks guys...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear DAC541,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to reviewour Hotel. Your information is of great value to us as it helps us for training and quality purposes. We will be looking forward to your next visit.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stay at this Vagabond Inn each time I travel to Los Angeles for USC football games and school/campus events. The hotel staff really make you feel welcomed when you arrive. Nazi at the front desk and is really great and is very helpful with my room requests. The weekend front desk staff are very helpful when I need to print off my boarding pass information. Maria and the cleaning staff are very friendly and helpful making sure I am comfortable in my room. They ask me:"is everything is okay" and "is there anything I can do for you". The roomI have stayed is was very clean and had all the amenities I needed. Upon my arrival, the Vagabond Inn at USC staff always makes me feel welcome. The location of the hotel is right next to USC which is great as well. I will be staying there again in few weeks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Jeffrey S.,

On behalf of our staff and myself I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property. This is very important not only to us but to our future Guest's as this help them decide wether to book with us or look for other options. The staff are always working hard to meet our Guest's expectations and to make their stay as if they were at home. I must say our Rooms are very clean and comfortable as Maria and the Housekeeping staff are always striving to offer our Guest's the best. Thank you for being a loyal Guest.

Regards, Joana-GM
nowhere
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had an early flight from LAX and had spent the day at the California Science center, so the hubby found this at a reasonable price. As soon as we walked in to the "family suite" we were hit by the odor of urine...or as my sister said "it smells like old people".

There was a LOT of cosmetic damage, and the walls were paper thin, We could hear people on the other side talking and laughing. The bathroom was gross enough that we took clorox wipes to it and found a LOT of dirt, grime and mildew. We wiped down all surfaces, including the phone, night stand and outdated TV. Everything was FILTHY. My 2 year old wouldn't keep her shoes on and had black feet within minutes.

The sheets were clean, the beds were firm but not awful. Pillows were lumpy. We were so tired though we all slept fine. Thank goodness for a free white noise app to drown out the noisy neighbors.

We didn't take advantage of the pool. I can't comment on that. Parking was tight, but we were there homecoming weekend (USC) so that was to be expected.

Overall, the cleanliness of the room was poor, as was the noise and parking but the location was good. I doubt we'd stay there again though. I prefer to not have to clean the room as soon as we arrive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value your comments as we use this for quality and training purposes. I would like to apologize for the discrepancies in your Room. I have already brought this to the attention of my Head Housekeeper and the Housekeeping staff. We are all aware there are no excuses for us to offer a non clean Room since that is what all of our Guest's are looking for a nice,comfortable,clean Room to rest.Once again accept our sincere apology for not fulfilling your expectations. Our staff and I always work hard to exceed our Guest's expectations and give them the best experience through out their stay.That is our goal. Next time you are in town I would like to invite you to give us a second chance and I will assure you we will make it right.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Sincerely
Joana-GM
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here a number of times while visiting the USC campus. Yes the place is old and a little dated, but I have found the Vagabond to be clean, comfortable, and the staff is great. Naz at the front desk is wonderful and will do whatever she can do to help. We had one small issue with a lamp and it was promptly repaired.

It was a football weekend and was surprisingly quiet. I would definatly stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Bobgek,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad every time you stay you have a good experience and we meet your expectations. I would like to share with you we are in the process of updating our Rooms. Hopefully next time you come in we will be done with the changes and upgrades. Our staff are great they are always striving to make each and everyone of our Guest's the best experience during their stay. Once again I thank you on behalf of all our Vagabond Inn LA-USC staff and myself.

Sincerely, Joana R-GM
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Few hotels these days offer free wi-fi and free parking. We love that Vagabond Inn does.

We spent the night after attending an event at the Shrine. Our double queen room was clean and had AC to keep us cool. The sink is located outside the bathroom, which is great if you're sharing a room. We had a mini fridge and microwave to keep and heat up leftover restaurant meals. A CVS and Fresh & Easy are down the block, which would have been convenient for a longer stay.

The Inn and neighborhood felt safe. I would stay again.

Room Tip: The double queen room felt more spacious than the family suite. So unless you need two separate room...
Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
vilausc, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. The feedback we receive from our Guest's is used for quality and training purposes.

Sincerely, Joana-GM

Been to Vagabond Inn Los Angeles at USC? Share your experiences!