“Nice hotel in good downtown location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

You added Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles to your Saves list
Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   506 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90071 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #138 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Northern California
“Nice hotel in good downtown location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed here one night for a business trip and received a corporate rate. Front desk staff were very helpful. Room was very good - extremely clean and very luxurious amenities. I was upgraded into a suite, so perhaps that is influencing my ratings. If I was having to pay for a regular room, I may not think it was as terrific.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel has a great location in the center of downtown LA, walking distance to the convention center etc. The hotel is old and needs some work, rooms are basic to average and nothing special. Bathrooms need some renovating. Service is OK not above and beyond but not bad either. Breakfast was average with the hot food not very hot, cold food looked old. Nice history to the building but not for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Coquitlam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed in the hotel 4 nights (family of 3)
THE GOOD:
- Conveniently located in downtown, close to subway station, MOCA museum, etc
- Reasonable price
- Stylish lobby and halls on the first floor
- Roomy room
- Everything worked as expected (TV, water, hair dryer, etc)
THE BAD:
- Wi-Fi internet not included: it costs extra $10/day. Ridiculous.
- No fridge in the room (!)
- The double bed is not particularly comfortable for 2 persons.
- Very old windows (hotel was built in 1923) are stylish, but not good at isolating from outside noise. And the external noise (in some rooms) can be significant, there are some air conditioning pumps working outside.
- One day, the room wasn't cleaned (for no reason, we were absent for the whole day)
- The staff is quite pushy for tips, you can notice that.

Bottom line: the hotel is okay, 3/5. But next time I would look for some other place to stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors must be less noisy
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Yeovil, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Visited Los Angeles from England with 2 friends for a week then travelled to Vegas. I had read the reviews on here but thought I would still give the hotel a try. Although my experience was not fantastic it was not awful. When checking in the gentleman on front desk said we had only booked 5 days not a week. I showed him the paperwork I had proving we had paid for a week, after 10/15 minutes of him checking availability of our room he managed to extend our stay on the system. The hotel is very grand and clean, our room on the other hand was out dated, carpets were worn, paintwork from the walls were missing and it the Windows were ancient with rattling shutters. I understand the hotel is historic but the rooms looked to worn out. Beds were very comfortable and bathroom was clean. Our friends stayed at the omni across the road from us and I must say their hotel was much nicer with free WiFi. As there are a lot of business travllers staying in the Biltmore I would have thought they would atleast offer free WiFi rather than pay $10 a day

Room Tip: Our room was facing the park, loud traffic all night long so best not to face the street if possible...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This place is terrible. The lobby is grand but it ends there. The rooms are worn and the furnishings are dated. My room (#811) shared an entrance with a neighboring room and had a mysterious locked door in the room. When I asked the bellman to assure that no one from the neighboring room could access my room, he told me he didn't think so but I could just call the front desk if someone came through the door! Worst of all, the walls were so thin that I could hear the person in the next room blowing his nose. The "non-smoking" room smelled like smoke and the plantation shutters were broken and dirty. Only one of the two windows had curtains and they were dirty and did not close fully. The windows themselves were thin and I could hear buses and the noise from the skating rink well past 11:00. The carpet was frayed and the shower flooded the bathroom floor each time I showered. Regrettably I stayed for 4 nights and when I returned to LA for business the following week, I switched to the Omni, which was perfect.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel. You'd be better off on the street.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kendra W, Public Relations Manager at Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your valuable comments and sharing with us your experience at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles. Your business is extremely important to us and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We are steadfastly committed to providing guests with a superior experience.
and take most seriously your concerns about your guestroom accommodations. We want to reassure you that our hotel currently is undergoing an improvement project and reinforcement of customer service training throughout the next 12-18 months to remedy the very issues you have raised. Additionally, your comments will be addressed with the relevant managers so that necessary corrective measures can be taken. In the meantime, please accept our sincerest apologies for our performance and for having caused you disappointment and inconvenience. We hope that on your next visit to downtown Los Angeles, we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in our hospitality.
Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is fab and the decor in the lobby is amazing however when you leave the hotel its like a poor run down area with people stealing from the subway across the street although this is not the hotels fault.

Rooms are fine nothing special although we were upgraded for free which was a bonus. Staff are fantastic they go the extra mile to help and the maids left chocolates and papers each day which is nice.

Location let's this place down other than that would stay again. :)

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel was actually very nice. friendly staff, food was excellent, small but nice rooms. Could use some updating as it is an old hotel but not enough to give a bad rating. Very nice!!
The bad rating is because this hotel is located in downtown LA and I could not sleep due to what sounded like a Jet engine reving up all night. It was the airconditioning system for the restaurant below (I was on the 9th fl). I know this because I called to complain and the young lady knew what I was going to say before I said it. She offered to change our room or bring up some ear plugs. It was 2am so she said that the manager would give me a call in the morning (never received a call). I wanted to address that I never received a call upon check out but there was no one at the front desk at 6am. I just left my card keys. As much as I liked the hotel I would not recommend nor would I stay again for the simple fact that they know its an issue and they have not fixed it nor did they make the effort to assist me when I was a client.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 929 or any room in that horseshoe
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
and take most seriously your concerns about the air conditioning noise outside of your guestroom. We want to reassure you that our hotel currently is undergoing an improvement project and reinforcement of customer service training throughout the next 12-18 months to remedy the very issues you have raised. Additionally, your comments will be addressed with the relevant managers so that necessary corrective measures can be taken. In the meantime, please accept our sincerest apologies for our performance and for having caused you disappointment and inconvenience. We hope that on your next visit to downtown Los Angeles, we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in our hospitality.

Been to Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles? Share your experiences!