When we are visiting SoCal, my husband and I like to try to work in an evening at The Cicada Club, which is an art deco night club right down the street from the Biltmore. We love the deco era, and the Biltmore delivers! It is way bigger than I expected... The lobby, grand hall, bar/restaurants and meeting rooms take up a whole city block! The rooms we've had have been nice enough... not brand-spanking new and shiny, but not dirty or shabby either. The outside rooms are a little noisy because the windows are original. I've stayed there alone, and didn't feel unsafe in the neighborhood. Anyway, the staff was friendly and you really get a sense of history (in a good way). For the price, it is a cool place to stay! I'm glad it is still around! PS Park in the lot across the street, next to Pershing Square. That'll only run you about $20.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Millennium Biltmore Hotel has been a legendary Los Angeles landmark since 1923. With exquisite Spanish-Italian Renaissance architecture, including stunning hand-painted ceilings, it’s rich history is most noted for its connection with the Oscars - the founding banquet for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was held in the Crystal Ballroom in 1927, where the original “Oscar” statuette was sketched on a Biltmore napkin, and nine Academy Awards banquets were held in the Biltmore Bowl during the '30s and '40s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Millennium Biltmore