It's typical for hotels of its kind: you're paying for the grand lobby and put up with the somewhat dilapidated rooms. That's what I expected. What I hadn't expected was the impossibility to maintain a Wi-Fi connection in my room (for a fee!) nor the long waits for the elevators. Valet parking is regularly unavailable, also.
I guess this hotel works ok for weddings and proms, but business travelers are better off elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Millennium Biltmore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Millennium Biltmore Hotel has been a legendary Los Angeles landmark since 1923. With exquisite Spanish-Italian Renaissance architecture, including stunning hand-painted ceilings, it’s rich history is most noted for its connection with the Oscars - the founding banquet for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was held in the Crystal Ballroom in 1927, where the original “Oscar” statuette was sketched on a Biltmore napkin, and nine Academy Awards banquets were held in the Biltmore Bowl during the '30s and '40s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, HotelsClick and Fareportal so you can book your Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.