Lovely old hotel. Used to host the Academy Awards. Fantastic lobby and decor. Problem is, you want to stay there!! Rooms are small. Electrical outlets are non-existant and poorly thought out. There's a coffee maker, but not one outlet that can be reached by the cord unless you put the unit on the floor. When you put the unit on the floor the housekeeping folks keep moving it back to place where you cannot plug it in. NO WI-FI for under $40.00 per day - - I know LA is expensive, but for crying out loud. Not ready for a check in when we arrived after 7:00pm! 6 elevators, smaller than the desk you're reading this from - only 3 ever worked. Took a record 27 minutes to get an elevator one morning. Tried the stairs - - very frightening, exposed wiring, dark corners, nasty. Waited for the elevator, just got up 30 minutes early so I was sure I wasn't stranded upstairs. Go visit, take a few photos, stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Millennium Biltmore Hotel has been a legendary Los Angeles landmark since 1923. With exquisite Spanish-Italian Renaissance architecture, including stunning hand-painted ceilings, it’s rich history is most noted for its connection with the Oscars - the founding banquet for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was held in the Crystal Ballroom in 1927, where the original “Oscar” statuette was sketched on a Biltmore napkin, and nine Academy Awards banquets were held in the Biltmore Bowl during the '30s and '40s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Millennium Biltmore