Once upon a time this must have been a grand place to stay. The lobbies, meeting rooms and other public spaces are beautiful and seem quite lovingly maintained. On the other hand, the actual guest rooms don't measure up. The rooms were spacious enough, and cracks in the plaster-work lend an aging charm, but they don't make up for a mediocre bed and odd bits of furniture. Also - the bathrooms are similar in size to what you'll find in the average London hotel room . . . For the most part service was better than average - but I'd skip eating at the hotel and go around the corner, past the Starbucks to the Crepes XPress. It's been 2 years since I was in downtown Los Angeles, the Pershing Square area seems a bit less run down, and there's a great used bookstore a couple of blocks away. A fridge and complimentary wi-fi would have helped me feel better about the trip. (Also, the staff seemed a little embarrassed by questions about the 10th floor being haunted, if it were me, I'd play it up.)
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Millennium Biltmore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Millennium Biltmore Hotel has been a legendary Los Angeles landmark since 1923. With exquisite Spanish-Italian Renaissance architecture, including stunning hand-painted ceilings, it’s rich history is most noted for its connection with the Oscars - the founding banquet for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was held in the Crystal Ballroom in 1927, where the original “Oscar” statuette was sketched on a Biltmore napkin, and nine Academy Awards banquets were held in the Biltmore Bowl during the '30s and '40s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, HotelsClick and Fareportal so you can book your Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.