“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

You added Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles to your Saves list
Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   506 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90071 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #132 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

We stayed three nights on the Club Level of this classic hotel. Great breakfasts! Concierge is there to provide services.

An outstanding stay for the money.

Room Tip: Club level is more than worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Turkish first
Soquel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

The Biltmore is a great place to stay if a downtown LA experience is what you want.

Many people brush off the fact the LA has a distinct heart, but it does. If you wish to explore some great LA history, this hotel provides a wonderful hive for you buzzin' bees.

First of all, the hotel is an amazing place of history and architecture. The lobby, gallery and "Rendezvous Room" have amazing ceiling frescoes which are not to be missed. The people who work the Millennium Biltmore could not have been more helpful or friendly. The history of this hotel can be seen by the many photos on display in the gallery. JFK was chosen as the Democratic candidate in this hotel, not to mention the many Oscars held here.

Secondly, the hotel is in a great location. One can walk to most of the historic sites of old LA. My wife and I went to Angel's Flight, Grand Central Market and the Bradbury building in about 1/2 hour on foot. Historic Pershing Square is right across the street from the hotel.

We also hit the seedling of LA, Olvera Street and the wonderful train station of LA, Union Station, which has been featured in many films (and for good reason). Both of these are a quick Metro ride (two stops) from the station across the street from the Biltmore. The LA Metro was clean, uncrowded and easy to manuever.

I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I booked directly with the hotel on the Internet and got an incredible upgrade. When you book, don...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
honolulu
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stayed at the Biltmore for 1 night for business.

The lobby is gorgeous but the room is old, I know this is a historical hotel but it is just an old hotel that I wouldn't want to stay again.

When I arrived in the hotel, the porter was shouting (singing?) which scared me a lot. Also, when I checked in, even though I asked to assign a room away from the elevator, the receptionist gave me a room next to the elevator!!

The location is good, it is middle of downtown. But the room is old, just old. Since windows don't completely close, you can hear noise from outside. The hotel should have soundproof because it is in Downtown!! Unfortunately, when I stayed at the hotel, there were at least 4 helicopters flying around the hotel through the night trying to arrest hundred of occupy LA activists, so I couldn't sleep at all!!

The bathroom is old as well. It looks sad, just looks like a sad bathroom (Pls see the photos)

They charge the wifi at about $9 something/night/DEVICE, so if you use cell phone, lap top and tablet, you have to pay more than $20/night.

Overall, I don't think I will come back to this hotel even if its for free!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011 via mobile

Stayed at the Biltmore btw 27-30 November 2011. It is a beautiful hotel and the lobby and general surrounds will blow you away - especially with the Christmas Decoratons now hanging. All staff we encountered and salt with we're very helpful especially the doormen who were always willing to. Provide that little bit of advice travelers seek. We were a family of six (children ranging from 8-14) and we stayed in a large room with 2 queens and a roll away. We found it to be of sufficient size but then again we did not spend much time in the room. Only drawback for me is the location. While close to transport (bus/Subway) anything we wanted to see - Santa Monica, Venice, Disneyland, Hollywood is a bit of trip but incredibly cheap - $1.50 for everywhere except Disneyland which was $2.50. All in all a gret stay and would recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2011
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011 via mobile

From the outside and the lobby areas, you cannot deny that is is a lovely looking hotel.
Checking in was slow, however friendly (lowlight, highlight).
I had booked a club room (floors 10 or 11) and it was a high standard, a little dated in places (especially the bathroom) but comfortable and spacious enough for my nights stay. I cannot comment as to the standard of the non club rooms.
Took advantage of the evening reception for club room stayer in the upstairs parlour, which was nice...a good selection of wines, other drinks and snacks. Definately a bonus having paid the extra for a club room.
The gallery bar was nice, and did great cocktails.
The onsite pool was small, but time it right, then you will not have a problem. Time it exact, you will have it to yourself.
The locatiom is typical of downtown LA...a bit of a walk to get to anything, however, it is convenient for public transport.
The two onsite restaurants were considered for evening meal, but the menus were quote uninspiring, and quite empty...didn't feel like sitting in a goldfish bowl so opted for room service.
The free breakfast for club room was good.
Ask at the desk to store luggage for day, and the real low point of a three week holidday was the rudeness of the conceirge who gave the impression of being less than obliging to tag and look after the bags. I think perhaps for this reason I would not recommend...lasting impressions and all. No excuse for rudeness.
Nice looking hotel but I don't think it quite hits the mark of what it wants to be. They do old style charm in a sort of out the box corporate 'bulk buy' feel.
I would recommend however, the incident at concierge is my last impression...and manners maketh man...in this case the lack of them maketh not recpmmeded.

• Stayed November 2011
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I stayed at the Biltmore for 2 nights in November for business. Firstly, this is NOT a business hotel. In fact I am not too sure what sort of hotel it is supposed to be... Oh I know, a rubbish one!

The hotel is old and dirty. The bathrooms look like they are from a bad 1960's hotel, and they have not even tried to refurb them. If they were clean this may help but that they are not.

After heading up to the 8th Floor to my room on the second evening I discovered my key card was no longer working, a common "feature" of this hotel it seems as my colleagues suffered the same fate. When I went all the way back down to reception there appeared to be a very long line of guests checking in with 1 person on the reception desk... bare in mind in was 1am and the group was expected as they were there for a conference. As I did not feel I should have to wait in this line as I was already checked in and just wanted my key card replaced so I could get to bed, I was told to join the back of the line!!! There were about 20 people waiting... after kicking up a fuss eventually a very surely manager appeared and changed the card, without apology I might add.

NOTHING about this hotel was good. Do yourself a favour if you are reading this and check into one of the mainstream hotels 5 mins down the road.

Room Tip: There are NONE!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Olathe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed here for 1st time in mid September. I chose it for the charm and knew going in that the building would be old and not updated based on reading reviews. It was not the cleanest but it wasnt filthy either and was not the run of the mill hotel. Stayed 4 nights. Felt creepy the minute I got there. 3rd night woke with bed shaking and saw blue orb size of a basketball and a dark cloud above my bed which hovered there for 15 minutes. I was alone and scared and so began to pray. I have never seen a ghost or anything of the sort before in my life. Found out later the place has reputation of being haunted. That weekend I also found out that they had a convention of people who seek to locate demons and ghosts so maybe they brought them in. This experience has changed me. I still feel fear as I know these things now exist.The food and the service was excellent. Walls thin and could hear EVERYTHING outside. Not peaceful and quite at all as hear everything downtown as if windows were open.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles? Share your experiences!