“Great hotel with better restaurants” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Line

You added The Line to your Saves list
The Line
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3515 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010 (Formerly The Wilshire Hotel Los Angeles) (Central L.A)   |
Ranked #41 of 340 Hotels in Los Angeles
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great hotel with better restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great boutique hotel in Koreatown. Minimalistic design with good energy. Rooms are set up to maximize the views. Get one that faces the Hollywood hills is possible. Roy Choi's Pot Restaurant is in the lobby. IT IS A MUST!!! Phenomenal Korean food and hot pots.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

You could see lots of effort out behind this hip hotel which we enjoyed much from their arty thing. Chill and nice, super great staff from reception to housekeeping to restaurants...

Convenient and safe neibourhood. Opp to metro. Outside u get a bus send you to Santa Monica and Beverly Hill.

If you are quiet sleeper, book a room facing hollywood sign as I think the street side really noisy start from 5am with traffic... We are ok as we jetlag

Don't miss the POT RESTAURANT if u have to eat once Korean meal , go there... The beep beep and yellowtuna salad is awesome and Chef Roy is a talented one.

Overall we love our stay!

Stayed May 2015
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is a great little hotel. Right in the heart of things. Excellent pool. The rooms are very minimalist but stylish and the beds are great. The desk chair is too low for the desks and I'm tall. The floor to ceiling windows are amazing and have motorised black out blinds - just be aware that some of the lower floors over look other buildings so if you don't want to be flashing everyone (or maybe you do!?) or live in semi darkness then ask for floors 7 plus.

The food in the various eateries is excellent and the general service is great. valet is $35 a night which is expensive but normal around these parts - la you pay...

Room Tip: 7th floor up and hollywood views
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed at The Line because I couldn't justify the cost of staying at Chateau Marmont (but I wanted to, oh so badly). It was great - not especially luxurious, but super cool industrial vibe with raw concrete walls and a super comfortable bed. Pretty high tech - you can connect your ipad or computer to the TV. Rooms are quite small, but the floor to ceiling windows make them really bright and airy. Rooms on lower floors aren't ideal - you can kind of see directly into peoples' homes. I would absolutely stay here again as it was a great deal.

Room Tip: Hollywood Hills View Rooms are quieter
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is probably the best hotel I have ever stayed at. I stay at a lot of nice hotels and they can seem a little stuck up at times but this was far from that. The staff were so friendly and and always greeted me with a big smile and a hello. The food in both of the restraraunts were really good, the staff were friendly even though the service was kind of slow. The host at Comissary was a little snobby but the servers najde up for it. They played the most amazing music in the Lobby Bar pot all day every day and the drinks were awesome. I didnt feel like I was over paying for anything in the hotel either. Everything seemed appropriately priced for the quality and atomosphere. I think this may be my new place to stay everytime I visit LA. THe wifi was free and fast, and the VIEWWW from my room was incredible.I stayed on the 11th floor and could see the holly wood sign and hills from my room. It was small and well layed out and I loved the art and decor it was just an all around good vibe throughout the whole hotel.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Toronto, Ontario CANADA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this property from February 12-16, 2015 and my stay was quite enjoyable. I do have a few complaints, which some might consider being picky, but wanted to make sure I covered all bases.

Check in:

Pleasant staff and easy check-in. Prior to my arrival, a member of their staff made contact with me to see if I needed anything during my stay. I inquired into other modes of transportation to the hotel from LAX and the hotel was able to arrange a car service for me (I ended up taking a taxi though).

Room:

I booked a Hollywood Hills view room and I encourage everyone to do the same! I left my blinds, which were on an automatic control, up (most of the time) because the views were stunning, from sunrise to sunset. I had a clear view of the famous Hollywood sign and at night you could see all the lit up winding roads through the hill and the illuminated observatory.

I was a single traveller and booked a room with two beds. The room was small but felt big at the same time (probably because of the floor to ceiling windows). The beds, were comfortable, but the pillows were quite uncomfortable and most days I ended up with neck pain. In addition, the outdoor noise was unbearable at times. Some mornings, around 7am, you could hear construction or garbage collection through the windows, and I was on the 8th floor! When people were outside on the patio you could hear them too. Exterior noise would have to be my biggest complaint for this hotel as it sometimes felt that your room was actually outside!

I read some complaints about how the décor of the rooms made it feel cold and that the hallways were unfinished concrete. I thought the rooms were fun and appreciated the trendiness of the concrete and other décor. But maybe I'm just uber cool ;)

Now, storage for clothing in this room was interesting. Maybe it's because I'm a girl and pack way too much on vacations, but I'm not sure how 2 or more people could comfortably store their items in the closet space. There were no drawers, just a shelving unit with one large open space at the top, 4 cubby holes and a long hang space. They were quite deep so it was a little awkward when you had to take out all the clothes in the front to get to the clothes in the back. Full length mirror on the back of the door too.

Bathroom was incredibly clean and had a lot of space. I did not have any issue with water temperature or pressure, but maybe this was because I also knew how to adjust the pressure on the shower head. Toiletries along with a hair dryer and ample towels were also in the bathroom.

I was worried when I first turned on the only light source in the room, thinking that it was going to be way too dim, but after a while I noted that the lights slowly became brighter on their own and soon the whole room was filled with light. So don't panic if your room is dark after this first two minutes of turning your light on ;) Temperature of the room was hit and miss - either it was too hot or too cold and the noise of the AC unit was so loud that after a while I just turned it off completely or drank so much that I passed out and didn't notice the noise ;)

Pool/Amenities/Restaurants/'Club':

The outdoor pool was a nice touch. No one was really in there during my stay, or they all just stayed on their loungers. Note that there are a lot of loungers that are actually more like cushions on the ground - I didn't venture on to those because I didn't want fellow guests to suffer through watching me trying to roll myself off of it and to my feet. A noticeable negative though, while I was up at the pool deck, was that not a single staff member walking around acknowledged my presence or offered to take a drink/food order from me. I only ate baked goods from the hotel, which were really good, but the menu items were reasonable in price. I regret not eating at the hotel because I've heard such good things. As a surprise, my sister had arranged breakfast for me every day at the hotel, but upon check-in they neglected to tell me this so I would go out every morning for breakfast :(

My friends and I visited the restaurant in the main lobby, which turned into a 'club', on the Saturday night. If you're a hotel guest make sure you always take your key with you to show as 'proof' along with your ID because they check before you enter (I like to think it's because I look really young). Music is good, mostly hip-hop, R&B, reggae. I felt a little out of place at first because the crowd was predominantly Asian, but about 20 mins in we were all singing the words to every Biggie song they played ;) I did notice that I could hear the music in the elevator up to the 4th floor, but not sure if the rooms were affected by this. Tip: there is a food counter in the lobby that stays open while you are partying! I ate a Korean pastry bun while having a mixed drink!

I walked directly past the fitness room, but it looked really nice.

Staff:

There were some reviews that complained about service from the staff but generally the staff were very pleasant and would stop and chat or say hello every time they saw you. The only negative experiences I had with staff was up on the pool deck and when one of the valet employees decided to lecture my friends. My friends, on the Thursday night, came to pick me up at the hotel but I had asked them to come up to my room first. They had asked valet if they could park out front while they came up to my room - valet gave them 10 minutes but we were actually 20 minutes, which was all my fault. Upon coming down, the valet guy gave my friends a tongue lashing which was completely inappropriate. I apologized because we were in the wrong but I don't think his tone was warranted. I'm in my mid 30s and don't take too well to people lecturing me. I told him to charge the valet cost to my room but he said it was fine.

Location: The hotel is in Koreatown - lots of Korean restaurants and small shops. Other than that, there is nothing to do or walk to in this area. The highlight was me walking 10 minutes to a CVS, which had wine, and an hour to a Marshalls. I didn't feel like I was in L.A. while I was out and about walking. But, a short drive away are a lot of clubs/bars. I felt very safe in this area and would walk alone during the day and evenings.

All in all, this was a very nice hotel. I would suggest that if you are not cool and don't appreciate trendy things that life has to offer, stay elsewhere ;)

Room Tip: Book a Hollywood Hills room!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I really have to say The Line is a pretty cool place to stay in LA even LA has many options of hotel. Some positive and negative things I want to share.
1. Location : The Line locates in Korean town. It is really convenient for having foods or sightseeing. Around 20 mins drive to Hollywood, and 35 mins drive to airport in regular time.
2. Room: My girlfriend and I stayed in a single room which is a clean and new style room. We really love it.
1. Location: The Line locates in Korean town so which means it is close to the street. When you sit on the bed, it is easily to hear the sound or noises from the street. You really have to think about it before you book.

Overall, great.

Stayed May 2015

Been to The Line? Share your experiences!