“Something different” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Line

You added The Line to your Saves list
The Line
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3515 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010 (Formerly The Wilshire Hotel Los Angeles) (Central L.A)   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay Longer and Save 15%
Ranked #46 of 328 Hotels in Los Angeles
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Something different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

My husband and I stayed here 1 night between flights and they were very accomodating, allowing us to check in 8am. We were able to have a quick nap then head into hollywood. The room was tight but really nice and clean. The bed was good too. We ate breakfast at the cafe downstairs which was good and all staff were friendly. The area is ok and central. No problems with any of the services.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel was great. Bed was so comfy great after a 12 hour flight staff were very friendly and let us check in at 9 am. The room was very clean. The cafe has delicious food. The only downside is the area. We went across the road to carls jnr for dinner my wife was abused by a homeless man When she went up to the counter to order dessert. When we left there was another guy walking around in circles talking to himself. When we crossed the road to go back to the hotel there was another homeless guy waking down the road with a shopping trolley going off his nut about being kicked out of his spot.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

This completely renovated mid-century hotel was lovely. No, if you want quiet this may not be the best place to stay BUT why would you want to deny the LA energy! We loved it. We were celebrating my sister-in-law's 40th Birthday. The room was modern and simple all you would ever need is in the room and there are plenty of restaurants, coffee cafes and shopping very near by. Hollywood and all it's excitement is just a click away. The front desk staff at the Hotel were so very nice and eager to assist you with whatever you needed. I really enjoyed the parking/greeter/valet guys out front they all were so pleasant. We has a nice time.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Fun decor, good location, but very loud and difficult to sleep. I purchased the room on a discount site and when I went to check in they squabbled about giving me two beds siting that I purchased in advance. The interior was very eclectic. The lobby was very, very loud with loud music late into the night. The sound then moved out to the pool, which made it even louder in our room. They were very chintzy about providing soap. We had only a sliver to use before they would bring us another.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed here on Saturday night and had a great time. After reading the other reviews about the noise, I requested a room on a higher floor and they upgraded us upon arrival. I like that; I didn't even have to ask twice. You could still hear a good amount of street noise, however, as with lots of these older hotel conversions, the windows are original (I'd say 1960's), so don't offer much sound proofing. Much like other hotels in this brand, the rooms were utilitarian, but comfortable. I also felt the decor and overall styling was much better than say the Ace in Palm Springs. It's still got that pretentious, hipster vibe, but I would say it is done here in a more understated way. The food at the Commissary was excellent and well priced, but the drinks were very expensive, so we didn't stick around long. The green house dinning area is very cool though, so it was hard not to sip on a few more $14 drinks. Luckily, there are plenty of great spots in the neighborhood for drinking, dancing and eating. We had a lovely time, and I felt The Line was a good place to do it from. The club scene in the lobby when we returned on Saturday was a little, well, not of our taste, so that higher room floor was a good decision. We couldn't hear the club at all. The service at both the front desk and the valet was just average, and the restaurant as well, so that makes the prices harder to swallow, but I also expect it at places that seem to hire more so based on looks and style rather than actual professional competency. I get it's part of the vibe, but one I don't personally appreciate. Overall, a good place to stage a night on the town.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for less street noise.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

First off, as soon as stepped foot in this hotel, I felt overwhelmed by the trendyness of the place. And im a pretty hip girl ;)
Very modern, all concrete, very stylish.

Rooms are small but very cute, cozy and functional. Bathroom is clean and all you need is there. Can be quite romantic too for an urban getaway.
The views on the hills is an absolute MUST. It is breathtaking in its own way. You wake up with a glass wall, Hollywood sign in the hills and a piece of California!

Eat a Pot, one of their restos was very good also. Not the best around LA but good for easy and simple.

I would go back again if the price is right.

Room Tip: Hills view king bed - absolutely Hills view!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am someone who likes to party but I also like to be able to sleep in my hotel. If you want to relax and sleep- DO NOT STAY HERE. Even from the top floors (10-12) you can hear music and talking from the lobby or pool. And this happens during the week.

Do not expect to be able to use the pool or the restaurant if there is an event.
This hotel hosts many events so it is likely you will be denied access or even have to show ID to get into the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with city view are louder
Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Been to The Line? Share your experiences!