“Hope you don't like to swim” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Line

You added The Line to your Saves list
The Line
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3515 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010 (Formerly The Wilshire Hotel Los Angeles) (Central L.A)   |
Offers & Announcements
Holiday Sale - Save 20%
Ranked #45 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Comstock Park, Michigan, United States
“Hope you don't like to swim”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Me and my sister were only in L.A. for one night our checkin was on monday night. around 7PM. After checking in we went out to dinner and returned pretty tired. I decided to go for a swim however when I got to the pool I opened the double doors only to find that one of their resturants is through the same entrance. So I went to the lobby and asked how to get to the pool without having to walk through the resturant, they told me that you could not and in fact they close the pool at 7PM because of this very reason. I also do have to complain oabout the noise, we were on the 8th floor and the noise coming from the street was extremely loud even after 11 PM when they are suppose to have a quiet law implemented.

Room Tip: I would recommend straying off the beaten path try to find a hotel on a side street that doesn't...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is one of the funkiest hotels we've ever stayed in. Apparently a former Ramada hotel, it has been radically overhauled with a markedly "hipster" certainly "L.A." style. Most of the walls are stripped down to concrete....wall art includes clusters of plastic jugs. In LA, the decor works...but it probably wouldn't anywhere else. A positive about the place is that you feel as though you're at the very center of all activity. When we checked in, a massive loud party was going on in the lobby. There was a party every night during the first weekend we were there. Very cool parties with almost no one over 40 present. We're in our 40s and felt like senior citizens in the hotel. We're night owls who typically go to bed at 1-2 AM, so the parties on the first level weren't much of a bother. We were on the 8th floor, too, so that helped. If we were early risers staying on the 4th floor, my review would probably not be as positive.
The room was totally clean. This is a BIG important thing for us. We paid an extra 20 usd per night to have a view of the Hollywood Hills, and it was worth it. My photo was taken at night, so you don't see the view, but you can see the huge window on one end of the room. An equally huge sheer and blackout curtain combination could be remote controlled to cover the window. The bed in the room was so huge that one couldn't pass between it and the window when the curtains were closed, but it certainly made for an intimate setting.
We ordered room service twice. It was good. The fried rice had an over-abundance of fresh ginger...nice oatmeal...the menu was quirky and food delivered promptly.
Overall, a great place for a young couple who likes to stay up late, but probably not a good fit for an elderly couple who sleeps before midnight.

Room Tip: Ask for the upgrade to the side of the hotel with a view of the Hollywood Hills. Staying on top flo...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I booked this hotel solely based on the food options. While the food exceeded my very high expectations so did everything else about the hotel. The location was perfect for whatever you may want to do in LA. Despite the very trendy vibe everyone that worked there was welcoming and friendly. They all went above and beyond to make sure my stay was exceptional (and it was)! I will be staying here on all future LA trips.

• Stayed December 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Love the design of this hotel. Funky, cool interior with great atmosphere. Staff are super friendly and casual. Room service is amazing! We had an amazing view in hour room facing the Hollywood sign :)

One little thing to take note is the safety around the neighborhood at night. Nothing too serious though.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was recommended by a friend who lived in L.A. We stayed there for 4 nights and had a great time. the staff was super friendly and accommodating which in my opinion is rare in boutique hotels. Leann and Alexa were in constant communication with me even before arriving in L.A, they were my personal concierge. The food at Pot and Commissary were amazing, Roy Choi for the Win. I will definitely stay there my next trip to L.A.

Room Tip: Get a Hollywood view
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

DISCLAIMER: I am writing this review based on the restaurant that is inside The Line Hotel.

I was going to hang out with a big group of people and when we got there on Sunday around 2:30 pm, the chef was closing the kitchen.

As usual, most people didn't make it on time, and didn't arrive until about 15 minutes later, which I felt was rude on behalf of the people I knew to not arrive on time, and it put pressure on us that were there to know if the Chef was going to close the kitchen or not...

HOWEVER!
Even through all this chaos, The Kitchen Crew and Richard (our waiter) agreed to remain open solely for us before they closed and I found that to go beyond what they needed to. Of course, some of my friends arrived way later so by that time the Kitchen had closed but for those of us who made it on time, we had the grace to eat here and it was definitely wonderful.

The katsu chicken curry rice was amazingly delicious, and I don't even like curry, but this place made me like it. If anything, the place sold me on their seasoned fries, oh my gosh you need to get that.

I made sure to leave a tip and thank Richard and the kitchen crew for giving us that grace to be able to eat and enjoy our time together with our friends.

I am most definitely looking forward to staying there sometime.

Major Thanks to Richard, and the Kitchen Crew

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for one week on business. There isn't the usual fridge, microwave, and coffee pot -in-the-bathroom set up like you'd see at a typical Hilton or Holiday Inn. It has a very trendy vibe-unfinished concret walls. Lobby decorated with recycled materials(bleach bottles painted black). They have a LOUD lobby playing music until the wee hours of the night.
Great hotel fitness room! The Line is smack down in Korean Town so there's lots of Asian cusine to choose from. The CaFe is a teeny shop in the lobby. They had
great Congee (rice porridge). Clean, friendly,I'd come back and stay again!

• Stayed December 2014

Been to The Line? Share your experiences!