“Beautiful LA - Hollywood Hills” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Line

Save Saved
You added The Line to your Saves list
The Line
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3515 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010 (Formerly The Wilshire Hotel Los Angeles) (Central L.A)   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #21 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful LA - Hollywood Hills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Line is a beautiful hotel located in Korea-town. Very stylish, big rooms, wonderful staff and a must stay if your looking for a comfortable sleep. The rooms are very quiet and extremely comfortable. Very high tech with everything being tied in with in room controls. Fully functional flat screen, ac, mini bar etc.

Room Tip: Hollywood Hills Room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Kingsport, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our flight to LA arrived late, and I called the hotel to let them know about our late arrival. My call went to voice mail, and they never called back. Upon arrival our room had a huge fan on the floor, attempting to dry out a saturated area of the floor. The floor stayed soaked for our entire four night stay, and we were offered nothing in compensation. There were no cups or glasses in the room, and it took four calls to the front desk to have two water glasses delivered. Each time we mentioned problems to the staff they responded in a very accommodating manner, and were very polite, but there was no follow through. Once, when I called the front desk from the room, my call went to voice mail.

The lobby area is adjacent to the night spot, and it is difficult to communicate with the front desk staff due to the thumping music at night. The view from our room was spectacular, and the hotel is where we wanted to be in LA for this visit. I hope they get their act together, because it would be a terrific place for us to stay if they can improve the service and fix the leaking plumbing.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the Hollywood Hills, and the 11th floor view was spectacular.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is definitely the worst hotel ever. It deserves negative stars. It says online that it is a "four-star" hotel but it has horrific "one-star" service.

I booked the hotel for my father who flew all the way from Hong Kong to the US expecting to have a at least decent stay in Los Angeles. The room he stayed is on the fifth floor with a horrible view, no ventilation, a clogged tub, a buzzing air conditioner, and it is tiny. Because my dad doesn't speak English, so he told me early morning the next day about the tub and the noise that had been going on all night. I told two people at the front desk about the situation at around 10, expecting them to call someone to have it fixed by the end of the day. When we came back at around 10 at night, not only did no one had the problems fixed, no one was even informed about the situation. Then they sent someone an hour later to check the room at 11 and told me they can't fix it. I called the front desk four times and they just ignored my calls!

If this incident happened to me, I would be more forgiving. But it is my father who's been receiving this kind of terrible service which makes me feel really frustrated. He deserves to feel at least welcomed and have some rest after 15 hours of flight!

Just do yourself a favor, don't stay here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I traveled to LA for work and it was a really great experience. The staff at this hotel is very kind and always eager to help. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. This hotel made my LA experience a whole lot better. Very hip and fun hotel!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Planned a date night for me and hubby. This hotel is overpriced, it looks like it's still under construction. Looks like they ran out of money but opened anyway, lol. We both kept hitting our toes on the corner of the bedframe. My hubby still has pain in his foot the morning after.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here for 5 nights in June. It was popular with young wealthy people with a good bar, Korean restaurant and café.

The staff was mostly young and eager to help, but sometimes I felt they lacked experience, especially when it came to some aspects of customer care.

I had a room on the 8th floor with excellent views to the Hollywood Hills – the entire wall was glass; not good if you don’t like heights. If you have a problem with modern décor and minimalism don’t stay here. I was sceptical at first but I got used to the concrete walls and strange ornaments.

The shower and facilities in the room were fine with a well-stocked mini-bar, but I did notice a couple of items were a few months out of date.

The gym is excellent with everything you need.

There is a decent-sized pool area with free cooled cucumber water (strange choice but it was refreshing) and free sun cream. Unfortunately service was poor here for a couple of weekday afternoons during my stay. I had to wait a long time before seeing a member of staff anywhere near the pool so that I could order food and a drink. One staff member was taking an order for some girls whose rooms weren’t ready yet and he said he couldn’t help me as this was not his job; he was just helping these girls due to their circumstance. It didn’t even dawn on him to get a member of staff who actually worked in the pool area. Very very frustrating that he failed with the basics.

It was loud outside my hotel room during most nights of my stay so maybe ask for a room on a high floor.

Wi-Fi is free but I was unable to get a connection during the five nights and had to go down 8 floors to the lobby to check emails. That was a major failure on the hotel’s part.

Airport and downtown L.A. are about 20-40 minutes away depending on traffic.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Upon check in my daughter was impressed with how 'cool' the hotel looked, and I was impressed by how friendly AND hip the staff was!! It's not often you find all three ANYWHERE you go. Our room was modern and fun, small but clean and bright. The beds were SO SOFT and the pillows were plentiful. The fitness center had everything I needed, including kettle bells. The pool was staffed by super friendly (AND hip) people and they provided cucumber infused water all day long. The poolside restaurant wasn't open yet while we were there.....but I'm very excited to go back and see it in it's full glory. It looks like a giant green house and the menu sounded fresh and delicious! Can't wait to get back there for another visit!!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the Hollywood Hills are the way to go!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Line? Share your experiences!