“" Great hotel, for leisure or business"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Line

You added The Line to your Saves list
The Line
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3515 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010 (Formerly The Wilshire Hotel Los Angeles) (Central L.A)   |
Ranked #41 of 340 Hotels in Los Angeles
“" Great hotel, for leisure or business"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I traveled to LA for work and it was a really great experience. The staff at this hotel is very kind and always eager to help. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. This hotel made my LA experience a whole lot better. Very hip and fun hotel!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Planned a date night for me and hubby. This hotel is overpriced, it looks like it's still under construction. Looks like they ran out of money but opened anyway, lol. We both kept hitting our toes on the corner of the bedframe. My hubby still has pain in his foot the morning after.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Josh B, Guest Relations Manager at The Line, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
Dear Shannte H,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Regards,
Alexa Hall
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights in June. It was popular with young wealthy people with a good bar, Korean restaurant and café.

The staff was mostly young and eager to help, but sometimes I felt they lacked experience, especially when it came to some aspects of customer care.

I had a room on the 8th floor with excellent views to the Hollywood Hills – the entire wall was glass; not good if you don’t like heights. If you have a problem with modern décor and minimalism don’t stay here. I was sceptical at first but I got used to the concrete walls and strange ornaments.

The shower and facilities in the room were fine with a well-stocked mini-bar, but I did notice a couple of items were a few months out of date.

The gym is excellent with everything you need.

There is a decent-sized pool area with free cooled cucumber water (strange choice but it was refreshing) and free sun cream. Unfortunately service was poor here for a couple of weekday afternoons during my stay. I had to wait a long time before seeing a member of staff anywhere near the pool so that I could order food and a drink. One staff member was taking an order for some girls whose rooms weren’t ready yet and he said he couldn’t help me as this was not his job; he was just helping these girls due to their circumstance. It didn’t even dawn on him to get a member of staff who actually worked in the pool area. Very very frustrating that he failed with the basics.

It was loud outside my hotel room during most nights of my stay so maybe ask for a room on a high floor.

Wi-Fi is free but I was unable to get a connection during the five nights and had to go down 8 floors to the lobby to check emails. That was a major failure on the hotel’s part.

Airport and downtown L.A. are about 20-40 minutes away depending on traffic.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Upon check in my daughter was impressed with how 'cool' the hotel looked, and I was impressed by how friendly AND hip the staff was!! It's not often you find all three ANYWHERE you go. Our room was modern and fun, small but clean and bright. The beds were SO SOFT and the pillows were plentiful. The fitness center had everything I needed, including kettle bells. The pool was staffed by super friendly (AND hip) people and they provided cucumber infused water all day long. The poolside restaurant wasn't open yet while we were there.....but I'm very excited to go back and see it in it's full glory. It looks like a giant green house and the menu sounded fresh and delicious! Can't wait to get back there for another visit!!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the Hollywood Hills are the way to go!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The Line Hotel boasts a friendly hip staff, a young vibrant atmosphere, and a room that wakes you up to the Hollywood hills. Located in Korea Town you are minutes from good food and shops. Myself and a few of my co-workers stayed at the LINE for a business trip and enjoyed the positive energy and the very accommodating staff. Our rooms were very neat, and the layout was space friendlier than your typical boutique hotel. The lobby area is fun, spacious, and the lobby Cafe has Korean influenced pastries and excellent coffee. On some nights the Lobby can be loud, but it didn't interrupt as I enjoyed finishing up work items. I recommend the LINE hotel as it puts you in the middle of an LA experience right when you step into the Lobby. Which can add a little play to your business trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is hipster mania in Koreatown. Some of the finishes are interesting and definitely quality, but more IKEA-ish. I guess that's what is in right now for these "hipsters". Got a decent room, it's a bit loud when facing the main road and I didn't realize how to black out my room until the next day. I guess being drunk and sleep deprived can cause you not to realize how to do basic things like closing the huge electronic curtain with the buttons semi hidden right by the bed. The bar was pretty busy that night and a chill lounge with an outdoor patio. I didn't spend time at the pool, but it seems loungey and the pool is small. You can rent out bikes from the hotel for free, I think. I actually give the hotel 3.5 stars overall. Check out this retro, modern Scandinavian style, hipster hotel in the heart of Koreatown.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Napa Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I only stayed here for one night and really loved the room. Unfortunately my AC unit was out but they were very helpful in locating another room for me. Although the process took a bit the bellman and desk person were very apologetic and helpful. Stuff happens!
There was a DJ in the lobby that night and I worried about noise but not a peep was heard from my room. Great location and comfortable room.
I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Line? Share your experiences!