“Mom and (teenage) daughter trip to LA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Line

You added The Line to your Saves list
The Line
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3515 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010 (Formerly The Wilshire Hotel Los Angeles) (Central L.A)   |
Ranked #38 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Mom and (teenage) daughter trip to LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Upon check in my daughter was impressed with how 'cool' the hotel looked, and I was impressed by how friendly AND hip the staff was!! It's not often you find all three ANYWHERE you go. Our room was modern and fun, small but clean and bright. The beds were SO SOFT and the pillows were plentiful. The fitness center had everything I needed, including kettle bells. The pool was staffed by super friendly (AND hip) people and they provided cucumber infused water all day long. The poolside restaurant wasn't open yet while we were there.....but I'm very excited to go back and see it in it's full glory. It looks like a giant green house and the menu sounded fresh and delicious! Can't wait to get back there for another visit!!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the Hollywood Hills are the way to go!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The Line Hotel boasts a friendly hip staff, a young vibrant atmosphere, and a room that wakes you up to the Hollywood hills. Located in Korea Town you are minutes from good food and shops. Myself and a few of my co-workers stayed at the LINE for a business trip and enjoyed the positive energy and the very accommodating staff. Our rooms were very neat, and the layout was space friendlier than your typical boutique hotel. The lobby area is fun, spacious, and the lobby Cafe has Korean influenced pastries and excellent coffee. On some nights the Lobby can be loud, but it didn't interrupt as I enjoyed finishing up work items. I recommend the LINE hotel as it puts you in the middle of an LA experience right when you step into the Lobby. Which can add a little play to your business trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is hipster mania in Koreatown. Some of the finishes are interesting and definitely quality, but more IKEA-ish. I guess that's what is in right now for these "hipsters". Got a decent room, it's a bit loud when facing the main road and I didn't realize how to black out my room until the next day. I guess being drunk and sleep deprived can cause you not to realize how to do basic things like closing the huge electronic curtain with the buttons semi hidden right by the bed. The bar was pretty busy that night and a chill lounge with an outdoor patio. I didn't spend time at the pool, but it seems loungey and the pool is small. You can rent out bikes from the hotel for free, I think. I actually give the hotel 3.5 stars overall. Check out this retro, modern Scandinavian style, hipster hotel in the heart of Koreatown.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Napa Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I only stayed here for one night and really loved the room. Unfortunately my AC unit was out but they were very helpful in locating another room for me. Although the process took a bit the bellman and desk person were very apologetic and helpful. Stuff happens!
There was a DJ in the lobby that night and I worried about noise but not a peep was heard from my room. Great location and comfortable room.
I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We really enjoyed our visit to The Line hotel for 4 nights, except for the first night. Our room overlooked the Wilshire Blvd and the street noise was kept us awake all night. We had to pay $20 to upgrade to a different room on the other side of the building to get some sleep.

Parking is $32 per day, if you dont mind a walk we found street parking without to much trouble.

Liked the atmosphere and style, one of the better american hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I really enjoyed my 2 nights at The Line. The brutalist architecture, the exposed concrete and the amazing view all made the room stand out from the lot of other LA hotels. The rooms were designed impeccably from the operable shade down to the bathroom fixtures. The staff was really friendly and approachable, and seemed genuinely interested in assisting me with navigating the area. The bar scene and dinner at Pot were amazing, but even if they were absent I would've loved my experience. Cheers from a designer for setting the bar so high.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Norco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend is a huge art and architecture enthusiast so he booked this hotel for our anniversary weekend. After check in, it was one pleasant surprise after another. Parking was simple, the hotel staff was incredibly helpful, and the hotel was spotless. We booked a suite that faced the Hollywood Hills and we were ecstatic about the view- Hollywood sign and everything. The room was gorgeous, it is set up to be "modern" and is a wonderful use of space. It's a touch "minimalistic" but still has everything you need. There are unique little touches from the art on the wall to the floor to ceiling window that makes you feel in a totally different world. Later that night, we also decided to check out the bar on the first floor and the DJ was completely decent and the people were cool. Last, we tried the pool before check out which was spotless as everything else and has an awesome view of LA. We will be staying again. It's a touch pricey but if you're in the slightest into art, architecture or anything of the sort and love the area as we do, then it's worth it.

• Stayed June 2014