This hotel is hipster mania in Koreatown. Some of the finishes are interesting and definitely quality, but more IKEA-ish. I guess that's what is in right now for these "hipsters". Got a decent room, it's a bit loud when facing the main road and I didn't realize how to black out my room until the next day. I guess being drunk and sleep deprived can cause you not to realize how to do basic things like closing the huge electronic curtain with the buttons semi hidden right by the bed. The bar was pretty busy that night and a chill lounge with an outdoor patio. I didn't spend time at the pool, but it seems loungey and the pool is small. You can rent out bikes from the hotel for free, I think. I actually give the hotel 3.5 stars overall. Check out this retro, modern Scandinavian style, hipster hotel in the heart of Koreatown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About The Line is a hotel collaboration by the Sydell Group with Roy Choi, The Houston Brothers, Sean Knibb, and Poketo. The mid-century building was designed by Daniel Mann Johnson + Mendenhall in 1964, the same architects behind the iconic American Cement Building down Wilshire Blvd. The building has been restored and fully renovated with re-imagined public spaces and guest rooms designed by Sean Knibb. The Line sits alongside Koreatown's famous pre-1940 brick colonial revival buildings, in a neighborhood that's working and playing 24 hours a day thanks to Southern California's highest concentration of restaurants, bars, and round-the-clock businesses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Tingo, Venere, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your The Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wilshire Plaza Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Wilshire Plaza