“Fun, Hip and Comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Line

You added The Line to your Saves list
The Line
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3515 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010 (Formerly The Wilshire Hotel Los Angeles) (Central L.A)   |
Offers & Announcements
Holiday Sale - Save 20%
Ranked #44 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Oakland, CA
“Fun, Hip and Comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed at the Line as it had been recommended by their sister hotel in NYC - The Nomad. I was on business in downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood and the West Side so the location was convenient.

At check in, check out, and in getting help for restaurant recommendations the front desk staff were friendly and very helpful. They recommended good places and persevered in getting me a reservation at a tough to get into restaurant.

The lobby had a fun vibe - young and hip. It is a Korea Town meeting spot - now a very vivacious neighborhood.

The rooms were a touch small but well designed, clean and comfortable. The exposed concrete showing on all walls (they just stripped the walls from the former hotel), the furniture and fixtures were well done - edgy but without being too much. The linens were great and the bathroom spacious with a fun large mirror.

I didn't spend much time in the restaurant / bar etc but heard that they were good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the hills to the north - the opposite side from Wilshire. The view was great a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Beautiful designed room, amazing view over LA, Hollywood sign included, comfortable bed, great staff!
We really enjoyed our stay in The Line, the only but is the noisy air con, and wifi not working well in room, (we had to go to the corridor to use it) that was a bit annoying.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This place is awesome!! Yang and dynamic staff the Pot restaurant the best korean I had in my life! Service great and the view from the room is amazing the only minus if you are light sleeper you will need ear plugs no double glassed windows and it is very noisy;( the hotel should supply ear plugs in room or you have extra drink from very well stocked mini bar ;) the offer great selection of alcohol! The rooms are small but very functional modern and edgy. This hotel is cool will stay again on my next trip to LA.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Alexa H, Guest Relations Manager at The Line, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Jajbo,

It's wonderful to hear that our service made an impact on your trip. We are truly working hard to be number one.

Our room views are spectacular, waking up to the Hollywood Hills is like a dream come true.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The LINE in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Situated in Koreatown, at first I was a bit skeptical of the hotel since I've never heard of it and it was a "blind hotel booking" for a cheaper rate via hotwire.com. I thought to myself it was only one night and the price was right, $125 and a 4 1/2 star hotel so it had to be something nice. When we arrived the neighborhood was a bit rough around the edges meaning it was street. My nerves calmed when I was happily greeted by the valet. Fyi: hotel is valet only and about $30 plus. As my boyfriend and checked in we were greeted by D, the hotel mgr for the night. He was dressed very and was extremely friendly. I informed him it was our first time at the hotel and we were out celebrating my boyfriend's birthday. He immediately upgraded us to the top floor with the best view of the Hollywood hills with no charge. He really eased my nerves by doing this nice gesture for us.
The lobby was lively with beautiful people and hip hop music. Renowned chef Roy Choi has a restaurant here called pot that serves up Korean fusion and heard from friends it was amazing. As we hopped into the elevator we were greeted by a staff member who directed us up to the top floor. When we got to our floor the hallways were like street alleyways. Like concrete walls with no paint but nicely vibrant carpet that led us to our room. Our room was like a small studio apartment and our king bed was facing the oversized wall-to-wall window. It was a different setup to what I'm use to but it worked because we saw the Hollywood hills skyline. It was such an amazing view I saw the Hollywood sign and the Griffith observatory lit up. Someone left our window open and saw two flies on our bed. I didnt let that minor thing ruin the magical night. It was really peaceful and the beds were so comfy we cuddled to the sweeping view and fell off to sleep. In the morning we overslept and luckily they had a bakery in the lobby so we can grab a quick bite and head out to our destination. I chose that particular hotel location because I wanted something close to the science and natural history museums. Before leaving the hotel I expressed to my boyfriend that I wanted to explore the rest of the hotel but didnt have enough time. Odell one of the valet guys overheard me and took me on a quick tour of the rest of the hotel up to the pool deck and greenhouse with a garden that is under construction. I was so satisfied with this stay I would definaly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Lisajoyce2020,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay.

It's wonderful to hear that our service and staff made such an incredible impression on you, especially for your special occassion.

We are so happy you had the chance to try out our restaurant, caFe. The food in terrific and so is the coffee and drinks.

San Marcos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I came across this hotel in the Hotel Tonight app and immediately liked what I saw from the images. Usually, when you arrive at a hotel you saw online, you're a little disappointed because it seems like they just used a photograph of the nicest suite they have to make it seem like the entire hotel is that way. Not here. Walking into the hotel itself, you're greeted with a very cool modern vibe and some inviting faces behind the counter.

Strolling up to the room, I was really taken aback by the interesting artwork on bare concrete walls, and a carpet design that added some great color to an otherwise industrial space. As others have mentioned here, the rooms (at least the non-suite ones) are fairly small, but the space is used very efficiently, with some clever tricks that are both visually interesting and functional. For example, the headboard of the bed doubled as a desk, replete with some fun art pieces and furnished with colorfully-upholstered seating. The drapes are controlled remotely at the headboard, allowing you to black out the room or merely drop a sheer panel for privacy. Perhaps because of the concrete walls, the room was absolutely silent.

Everywhere you look, you find interesting details, like the framed oval bathroom mirror that is somehow mounted to another seamless mirror behind it. How? Who knows. Doesn't matter. It's cool. My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer, just to wander around and take in all of the visual touches.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear ixD9,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay.

It's wonderful to hear that the design and architecture made such an incredible impression on you. We have collaborated with local artists to make The LINE a unique experience.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great room- small but really well done, lots of plugs, clean, comfortable and hip.
Staff is great and welcoming
The Pot is really fun and worth eating there, room service is yummy
Internet sucks……if you are really stuck, it works best in the bathroom!
Worth staying there and the prices are the best value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear supirocks,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay.

It's wonderful to hear that our service and staff made such an incredible impression on you.

We are so happy you had the chance to try out our restaurant, POT. The food in terrific and flavors are awesome.

Honolulu, Hawaii, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Teeny tiny room that takes some getting used to, but the beds are very comfortable, the location is great, and the service is awesome. Be ready for the shockingly loud music in the lobby at night and still very audible in the morning, but we couldn't hear it from the room. The hall and room finishes are quite interesting. It doesn't look quite finished, but I guess that's part of the hipster look. With the blinds down, the smallness and raw cement walls at first feels like a prison,but we really enjoyed this hotel.

Room Tip: the higher the better, otherwise you don't get a view anything like shown on the website
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kirk H,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback. It’s good to hear the overall experience of the guest such as yours. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at The LINE.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to The LINE when you plan your next trip to Los Angeles.

Alexa

Been to The Line? Share your experiences!