“Average Hotel, Great Location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #102 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Fresno, California, United States
“Average Hotel, Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We were greeted by a friendly staff. Our fourth floor room was very comfortable but in need of updating. The beds/pillows were great but the bathroom is cramped. You have to step up to get into the shower and the hand bar was loose and located behind the door. Windows were filthy but we are in a drought. Fruit, coffee and granola bars were available for breakfast and there were cupcakes for fans of both teams playing that day. I wasn't too impressed with the food at McKays. There is a Starbucks on the corner. The location is excellent. We attended a football game at the Coliseum and I spent the day at Exposition Park seeing the Endeavor. I didn't realize that the exhibition was there so next time I will do my research before arrival. .

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor because the hotel is on a major street with plenty of siren noises.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Just completed an excellent, but pricy, stay here. Was pleased with bedding quality (loved the pillows), room location (9th floor facing USC), daily comp water and wifi, the pool and morning fresh fruit & bars and coffee. Not so great was the daily parking fee ($20/day) workout room and open window, as in no screen open. Location perfect for our purpose and though full was quiet sans the sirens of a big city. Check in was a breeze. Would suggest the college side vs the parking side.

Room Tip: We liked the USC side, higher up. Other side is facing the parking garage/freeway. Nothing is real...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

The location is quite nice, within walking distance of pretty much anything you could need. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. McKay's affiliation with the hotel was a nice surprise, as well as the accompanying breakfast and drink tickets. It all came to a nice close with express check-out, printed and slipped under the door; made life so easy. My only regret is not having the time to hit up that gorgeous pool.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

A little pricey compared to other options in downtown LA, but there is not a more convenient hotel to the USC campus. It's very clean, quiet, and cushy. Great complimentary coffee and 'express breakfast' in the mornings and my favorite newspapers: New York Times, LA Times, WSJ, and USA today. Parking is $20 per day but again, very convenient to the campus.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Stayed here to assist my daughter to move into her USC apartment. The hotel has very good service. They even let us store luggage before we checked in while we were traveling through southern California. We were on the 6th floor in an updated room. It was very nice, except for the bathroom. Here are my issues: the tub is higher than the floor, so you have to step up. They even have a sign on the wall "watch your step." I think it's really odd. Also, the bathroom door would not shut. It looked like you could force it shut, but then I'd be afraid you couldn't get it open again! There was paint stripped from the side of it from prior guests, I'm guessing. There was a small fridge and we had a view of the campus. The parking was good and plentiful, but they locked the access back into the parking garage so you had to walk up from the entry up to the 2nd floor.

I had breakfast on the day I was departing and it was excellent and a very good value - only $10. You can't beat the location, but they do charge a lot, compared to other hotels.

In one of the previous reviews, I had read that they have a car service to the airport. I called and asked the front desk, and the response was "no" but you should take a taxi, not the shuttle. As I walked out after checking out, I asked for a taxi, and the bellman said, "the hotel driver, Paul, can take you to the airport." Paul was very professional, drove a Towncar and the charge was a flat $55. It was a very pleasant drive to LAX and I appreciated the hotel having this option. I will likely stay here again while visiting my daughter.

Room Tip: Request an updated room.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Stayed here Aug. 9 thru August 11, 2014.Arrived around 10:30am hoping for an early check-in, but no chance. We roamed around the USC campus, ate some lunch and came back at 2:50pm and our room was ready. Unfortunately for others in the lobby, their rooms weren't and mgmt. was on there handing out free drink coupons for the restaurant bar.

I opted for the Business Class Rate-Deluxe Room. I'm pretty sure that wasn't what I received, though. It was supposed to include:

-Upgraded room - upgraded from what? It was pretty standard so not sure.

-Breakfast coupons for two (2) included per day - only received 1 breakfast coupon even though there were two people booked for the room.

-Drink coupons for two (2) included per night - only received 1 drink coupon

-Week day newspaper delivered to the room - didn't stay during weekday

-1000 bonus Gold Points per night - received

-Early Check-in Service (based on availability) HA HA - no one gets early check-in

Additional features include:
-Free Internet - slow and spotty in the room, but fast in the lobby and restaurant

-Upgraded Bathroom Amenities including bathrobe and slippers for two (2) -Robe, No slippers

-In-Room Laptop Safe - Not there. Asked about this and they are replacing the in-room safes. As an alternative, I can stand in line at the front desk with all my valuables, have them put them in a safe, then upon my return, stand in line at the front desk again to retrieve my valuables. Do this every time you leave the hotel.

-iHome, or similar clock radio with iPod/MP3 connection - great if you have an iPhone 4, you can charge and listen to music. Otherwise, there's a 3 inch audio cable on the back and you can plug-in and listen. Awkward placement but it works ok.

The room was basic - King bed, small desk (even though they advertise a "spacious work desk with lots of outlets")

The view of the USC campus would be great if it wasn't for the filthy single-pane screwed shut windows. I asked a housekeeper how often they clean the windows - she had been there 6 months and hadn't seen it done.

The filthy single-paned windows do nothing to block the noise from busy Figueroa Street. Loud exhausts, sirens, motorcycles, horns, car alarms, etc. are present at all hours.

The shower was strange - the water pressure would fluctuate on its own, high then low, high then low.

On the plus side, the hotel restaurant served a very nice breakfast and the staff was cordial.

It's all about location: There's a CVS drug store and Fresh and Easy market 3/10ths of a mile or six minute walk down Figueroa to the right as you exit the lobby.

There's a Starbucks, a pizza place and a burger place to the left and down the hill as you walk out the lobby doors.

All in all, not a great stay but it served it's location purpose for visiting USC and attending the Teen Choice Awards at the Shrine Auditorium. I paid 329.00 a night plus tax. Based on price and the hotel itself, I don't think I'd stay again or recommend it to someone else. They advertise one thing and you receive something much different.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the street or the university. heavy traffic plus single-paned windo...
Osprey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I stayed at the Radisson a few months ago and was so underwhelmed that when I went back to LA 2 months later, I stayed at a different hotel. This time I decided to try the Radisson again since I was moving my son into his dorm at USC and the Radisson's location can't be beat. I don't remember what floor I was on in April, but this time I was on the 6th floor and the room must have been newly renovated. It was fresh and bright and clean and comfortable. Truly a pleasure. The lobby staff was friendly and efficient, and we have really enjoyed our breakfasts at McKay's next door. I'm looking forward to many more stays during the next 4 years while my son is at USC.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Midtown at USC? Share your experiences!