“Very Nice Property” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel

Save Saved
You added Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel to your Saves list
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11461 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90049 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #38 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sacramento, CA
“Very Nice Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

So much has already been said, but a place I would definately reserve again. Just finished a 2 day stay here for nearby wedding. The property is the perfect size. Staff is friendly and accomodating. We were able to get early check-ins for our rooms.

Plus: Great lounge with happy hour prices for drinks and small plates, complimentary waters at turn down, turn down service, free wi-fi, heated swimming pool and hot sauna, shuttles to upper building and near-by venues within 2 miles, large rooms with patios, comfy beds, fan in bathroom, good water pressure in shower, room safe, free apples at desk.

Cons: No Jacuzzi, small closet, small flat-screen, although other rooms had bigger TV's, few venues in area to walk to, dark hallways, Valet park only.

I did not try the restaurant or spa. Maybe with my next visit.

Room Tip: If you want to use the pool and gym frequently, ask for the upper spa building where these are locat...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was visiting my grand daughter for Parents Weekend at UCLA. The hotel had been recommended by a friend who formerly lived in Bel Air. The proximity to the university was perfect. I was with my daughter so we needed a room with 2 beds which was on the 4th floor of the hotel with a view of the LA skyline. The room was spacious, well maintained and the housekeeping service was excellent. The best thing about the hotel was the amazingly gracious and prompt service by all the staff. I have stayed in very up scale expensive hotels but none had better service than I found at The Luxe. Their policy of driving you to any destination within 3 miles of the hotel was wonderful. One call to the front desk and a car arrived to chauffeur us to dinner and then picked us up when we were done. The drivers, notably Michael, Omar, and others were most polite and helpful. My one negative is that the hotel, built into the side of a hill, needs better access to and from the top floors to the main lobby - hopefully they will work on that because every thing else is perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kelly H, Director of Operations at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear samsondog1,

Thank you for the thoughtful review in regards to your stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Your kind words about our staff and the gracious service they provided is very appreciated. I will ensure that our Housekeeping staff as well as Michael and Omar are aware of your comments. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

After previously spending a week at a lower rated hotel in El Segundo, the Luxe was an awesome upgrade! The room was very modern and clean, and the staff was very friendly. The hotel is located off 405, and was a quick (in LA time) drive to all of the destinations we had.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dushanbe, Tajikistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed in this hotel recently in September, 2012. We were a group of 11 people and this was my first trip to LA. I was really impressed by the hotel, rooms, services, reception, hotel personnel in general. We had great week there, it was unforgettable.
Rooms were clean with comfortable beds, and the nice thing was that every evening they put some chocolates and water and when you enter you will hear very slow, relaxing music, which was like a surprise for the first day of my stay there. Whenever we needed help, they always were ready to assist us. One member of our group got sick and he stayed in the hotel, so the hotel personnel were so friendly and helpful.
I really wanted to swim in the swimming pool which looked great but had no time, as it was closed after 10:00 pm, and we couldn't come back to the hotel earlier, but I went to gym which is open 24 hours in a day, and it was great!! If I ever go back to LA I definitely will stay in this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kelly H, Guest Relations Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Muyassar,

We appreciate your kind review! I will ensure that your comments about our turn-down service are passed on to our Housekeeping staff. I am so happy to hear that our staff was accommodating and that you had an unforgettable stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit. The pool will be waiting for you!
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Fist time at this hotel, visiting UCLA for the 4th, and we will stay here again next time. There are 2 buildingsin this hotel: the bottom of the hill building has the concierge and restaurant and bar. The room was very comfortable and clean. Great service! We switched to the SPA building, 1/2 a minute up the hill and the room was equally as comfortable, quieter, but it felt a little more dated. The location is great! just off the highway, but right in Bel Air/Brentwood and very convenient to the university. The staff is very pleasant, the valet service is one of the most courteous I've encountered.

Room Tip: Not a huge hotel, which is nice! If you do want a quiet evening, do request a room in the SPA buildi...
scotland uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We went to this hotel after another hotel had messed up our booking , the staff helped us out effortlessly , and everything was high speck , for restaurants to rooms , highly recommend and fantastic location for the beach , the hills Hollywood ,studio city & ofcourse the shopping .

• Stayed December 2011
Dear nico0373,

We are so happy that you ended up at our hotel! Thank you for your comments about our staff and property. I will most definitely pass them on to our team and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We missed our connecting flight in Chicago in Oct due to 3 hours waiting time to get through immigration and were therefore not able to stay our night at the Luxe Sunset B hotel as planned. I spoke to their accounting department the day after and to my satisfaction the kind person (do not remember his name) accepted our wish not to charge us for the night. This is in my opinion excellent customer service and I promise that we will try the hotel at our next visit to LA-area. BIG thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear lilleskett03,

Thank you very much for your review. I will ensure that your comments about our accounting department are passed on. We are sorry that you were not able to stay with us this time, however we do look forward to greeting you on your next visit to Los Angeles!

Been to Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel? Share your experiences!