“A really good recovery....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel

Save Saved
You added Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel to your Saves list
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11461 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90049 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“A really good recovery....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was in LA for 3 days before a work conference and wanted somewhere to de-stress. I liked the location of the Luxe as it was good to get on the various freeways, but would recommend having a car as it's not within walking distance of anything. With a car it's close to everything.
My flight arrived at 7am and the front desk was very good in arranging an early checkin by 10am that morning.
The hotel is split into 2 buildings; 1 where the main reception is and another further up the hill next to the pool and spa. The room I was given was 339 and was not so great.....it was the accessible room right next to the main entrance to the spa building and overlooked the car park and valet stand. It also didn't have a chain on the door which as a single traveller didn't make me feel very safe and was really noisy from both cars and staff talking outside. It was also really musty and dark. Overall not great after a 15 hour flight!
I stuck it out for one night but after having to call down to reception in the wee hours to ask them to shut the front door of the building which was banging in the wind I had had enough! Again the front desk were super quick to move my room and the next one was much better. Up on the second floor of the spa building, balcony overlooking the pool, chain on the door, much less noise.
The pool was beautiful and not very busy at all. Immaculately clean and very well serviced.
The second room I was in was large, clean, very comfy bed and a good sized work area. Really small tv on the wall though which is a bit unusual for luxury hotels who normally have huge flat screens!
I didn't use the restaurant or anything in the main building as it was a bit of a trek down there, but there was a gift shop and a restaurant / bar. Nothing up at the spa building so if you did want to use those facilities, you'd have to walk down the hill.
The hotel is completely valet parking which was odd as they had a massive car park right outside the spa building. In fact when I'd go to get my car, it was parked right outside the building, so the valet just basically gave me the keys. Disappointing that they'd leave the cars out in the sun rather than putting them in their underground parking at the other building and made my question why I was having to pay for valet. Also, when you go down to the main building to check out, you have to leave your car with the valet as there's literally no parking.
For me the making of a good hotel is about how they deal with things when they don't go so well and the Luxe definitely dealt quickly with the issues I had with my first room and were very accommodating with the early checkin. I filled in their online feedback request and almost the next day received an email offering me a free upgrade on my next stay.
Compared to other hotels I've stayed at in LA, the Luxe has large rooms, a lovely big pool, is quiet (if you get the right room!) and the staff go above and beyond. After a rocky start, they recovered well and I would stay again.

Room Tip: I've given the room average as I had one great room (second floor spa level) and one really bad...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

575 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Sherman Oaks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My company recently booked several rooms and hosted a dinner at Luxe Sunset. Everything from the rooms, service and food was wonderful. The entire staff was very accommodating and took care of every detail to make sure our guests were happy.
Our guests couldn't stop raving about the wonderful rooms and how the staff went out their way. They even arranged for transportation for our guests to the event.

Room Tip: Luxe Sunset is located perfectly between LAX and the valley. A great location to stay and host a bu...
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had a very good experience with the Luxe hotel for this special event. My father in law had his bash at the hotel and the planner, service staff and food arrangements were first rate. The presentation of the room was excellent, the food was well prepared and tasty. The service staff were helpful with the proper attention to detail without being overbearing. I would suggest if you are planning a social event , you should consider this venue. Did not use the rooms or other services in the hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at the Luxe recently on a business trip for 11 nights. I work in video production and asked to be in the main building to make sure we would have easy access to our production gear and what not. They honored that and got rooms very close to the lobby / entrance.

From the moment we arrived, we were treated wonderfully! Chris at the front desk was beyond helpful - and remembered us night after night. Always remembering our names and making sure we had everything we needed. Michael, one of the bellhops was especially helpful and friendly, making sure we knew where to go, offering us advice on where to eat, etc.

The rooms are HUGE. Definitely not your average hotel room. Love the bed.. so comfortable! the turn down service was great as well (love walking in to my room and having the curtains drawn, my tv set to a smooth jazz station, and enjoying the complimentary bottled water).

Didn't try the restaurant as we were on the run every day but it seemed full each day. My coworker had breakfast there one morning and loved it!

Honestly one of the best hotels I've stayed in. Love the feeling of a smaller hotel. The service was impeccable and the rooms and amenities were great. Great place for business travelers but I'll definitely come back and stay here if I'm ever back in Los Angeles.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of stuff, you might want to stay in the main building. It is easy to access the lo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kelly H, Guest Relations Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear t-wiu,

Your review was such a pleasure for our team to read. Thank you so much. We are very proud of our personalized service and your comments about Chris and Michael were wonderful. On behalf of the staff here at the Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you again!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I visited the Luxe Sunset Boulevard hotel for a week in October for a work trip and it was fantastic!

Our room was on the upper level near the spa which seemed a bit of a pain to start with but the staff give lifts back and forth on the golf buggy and it turned out to be really handy for the pool! The room was lovely and spacious with a lovely terrace area. The maids did an excellent job and were always super friendly when we saw them in the corridors and they dropped off complimentary water every afternoon. The beds were uber comfy, with jet lag I literally could have stayed in there for days.

The staff on the reception were really helpful from booking my car before I arrived to suggesting lovely restaurants and the free taxi service for anywhere within a 3 mile radius was really handy. David and Paul on the bar were great, both really friendly with some great celeb stories (all very considerate of privacy of course!) Paul suggested a great night out in West Hollywood on a Monday night which unfortunately we didn't make, gutted!

The restaurant was nice, great pancakes in the morn. Literally couldn't say one bad thing about this hotel, the only thing I didn't like was when a snooty guest shouted at the concierge for picking a bag up by its handle (what were handles made for you donkey), very rude!

Would love to return for a proper holiday!

Room Tip: If you're looking to sunbathe get a room on the upper tier, if not try and stay at the hotel!
Dear Sarah K,

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us! Your description of the property and the quality of our product and service is much appreciated. I will most certainly pass on your lovely comments about our staff to the different departments.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Los Angeles area (hopefully just vacation next time)!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We came to California on a business trip, there was 6 of us, at the tail end of our trip, we decided to pick a place around Beverly HIlls. From past experience, we stayed at a "Reputable" hotel but turned out to be a terror. This time, we did more research and found the Luxe. From the reviews, pictures and website, we knew we had a winner. From the moment, we arrived, the valet took care of our cars, and luggage. Front desk, had most of our rooms ready, the that wasn't ready, didn't matter as we were heading out anyways. When we came back later that day, the room was ready. The rooms are rather spacious, bathroom was a fair size. My personal room, had a balcony, with a couple chairs and table, not bad to go outside and chill in the shade. In the room, you will find beds filled with enough pillows to start a pillow fight war with endless ammo. The beds are comfortable, something you expect from a hotel of this stature. The lobby is clean. The lounge is nice as well. Food is actually really quite good here. I recommend after a day of walking around, to lounge in the outdoor patio, its heated too! The pool area is also a must-do too. One of the members of a group went to the spa, she took the hotel provided shuttle. Very convenient. The food prices at the hotel are very reasonable so dont' worry. The hotel is located near the freeway exit, so its easy in, easy out if you have a rental car. The valet is also 24 hours, very fast and friendly.

We enjoyed our stay so much, we extended our stay at the hotel. In the evenings, they provide a turn down service. bottles of water are also provided. In the room, there is also a mini fridge. The LCD TV could be bigger, its a little small.

Front desk staff was very helpful. Pretty much took care of everything we needed. We had encountered some troubles but Kelly, the hotel manager took care of business like no other.

There actually isn't a whole lot to do around the hotel in terms of shopping and such. But if you have a car, there is quite a few places within a short hop from the hotel. Hollywood Blvd is about a 15 minute drive away so there's plenty of bars there. Going to downtown LA takes about 15-20 minutes as well at night. Universal Studios is pretty close by and is another 15 minutes away by car.

We found a pretty neat breakfast place, Cafe 50's, diner style, on the old route 66, its only 10 minutes away.

The rooms also came with 2 glasses of wine or cappucino. nice touch.

The hotel does get pretty busy. The 4 days, 3 nights we were there. Every day, there was an event such as wedding receptions, UCLA alumni reception, etc. Although it gets busy, the valet, front desk, and concierge did their jobs very well.

if you like to see stars and such, one of the members of our party went on a short walk outside the hotel and saw Heidi Klum and such near by.

If you are a smoker, the smoke area, is actually hidden near the golf carts area.

Room Tip: Get the second floor, if you do get the first floor, don't get the one near the Valet side. Its...
Woodland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am an event manager. I just hosted a breakfast on behalf of my client at the Luxe Hotel. It was one of the best event experiences we have ever had. The catering staff - top notch! From the valet to the front desk to the servers to the food to the set up, etc. - it was PERFECT. We got the bill and I was surprised at how reasonable it was. This hotel is a hidden gem for events. We had 25 people in The Brentwood Room - lovely - private - with a patio as well!
Everyone, at every instance at this hotel, exceeded my expectations - and I have been doing event management for almost two decades!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel? Share your experiences!