“Superior Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   251 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #4 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
las vegas
“Superior Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

I stayed at the Omni Hotel this past weekend (Aug. 24-27) and what a great place to stay! The location is right in the heart of downtown (about 5 min. for the Staples Center), it has great views from all around and from each room! You are greeted when you drive up with the valet and a plenty of friendly doorsman(s) to help you with your luggage. When you walk in, ahead is a beautiful atrium and mixture of flowers, grand stairs, and personable staff. The check-in was easy and now for the room.....I requested a room with double beds only because the room is usually bigger and I like the space. Anyways, warm decor and neutral colors used through-out, down-feather, crisp white fluffy beds, a nice closet (with a iron, but no ironing board??, kinda weird). The bathroom had a seperate shower and tub with marble floors and sink. It also has a speaker in the bathroom for you to hear the T.V. (which I thought was neat!) and a phone. It has 2 restraunts, one for breakfast and lunch (which I thought was a little pricey, for example, I had a cappachino and a belgum waffle for $15!!) and they have another restraunt (Japense fusion), smaller selection of food and again pretty pricey considering you could order the Chef's special and spend $100 a person (yikes). The only (disturbing) little issue that i have, is housekeeping would knock on the door and then open it to see how you are doing....I was trying to take a nap!! I thought it was rude.! a phone call would be suffcient. I didn't order room service, but it was available ( for you out there that would like a late night snack). All in all, what a very nice place to stay. I would definately stay again, minus the afternoon interuptions.....

• Liked — Decor
  • Disliked — afternoon wake-ups from housekeeping
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

1,879 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

I write reviews because I use reviews to select the hotels I stay in. This is the first hotel where I give it an almost perfect rating; especially for the money. It's 5 star all the way on both service and comfort. There aren't many restaurants around the hotel (it's in a business district), so the food's a little pricey, but it's delicious and the service was great. In fact, the only suggestion I can give this hotel is to upgrade the toilet paper!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rio Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

Just returned from a weekend stay at the Omni Los Angeles @ California Plaza....and I must say that I was hoping for the best, but was so pleasantly surprised that this hotel met all my expectations and surpassed them. I was traveling with 13 other ladies for a weekend get-away/shopping/relaxation trip and I was responsible for making the accommodations, so I was a little nervous and my hopes were that everyone would be comfortable. I am "very" particular about where I lay my head and I wanted to have the best for our getaway without breaking the bank. The Omni was magnificent, the service was grand, the rooms were beautiful with a neutral decor, marble baths with separate shower and bathtub, large closet space and larger than average room. The beds, well, let's just say that some of us wanted to stay just to sleep in the "heavenly" bed just one more time. The beds are big, fluffy with lots of pillows and ultra comfortable.

The room service was excellent and very timely. A few of us ate at the Noe Restaurant in the Hotel on the first night, granted it is "very" pricey, but you get what you pay for. The service was par excellent and the food was wonderful. The swimming pool is a little small and there is no jacuzzi...I did not get an opportunity to visit the Spa, but the prices were quite high. The next day some of us ate in the Cafe, which was very nice and the food had a really nice flare to it. The location was perfect for us as we planned to go shopping at the Garment District which was a few blocks away. There aren't many places open around the Hotel during the weekend, but right outside the door of the hotel, there is a Day Spa where some of us went and had manicures and pedicures and there is also a Starbuck's that stays open on the weekends. In the same area right outside the Hotel in a Plaza there is nightly entertainment, i.e. bands, etc. And of course, you have the Museums and Disney Concert Music Hall right near the Hotel that is also open on the weekend.

The Hotel is close to the freeways and Saturday evening some of us went to the Universal City Walk for dinner and fun, which was about 20 minutes away. The Hotel has a courtesy Town Car to take you and pick you up from anywhere within a 3 mile radius. The Valet was steep at $28/night, but there is no other place to park, oh well.....All in all, this is a great place to stay and the only place that I will stay when in downtown Los Angeles....I have stayied in downtown L.A. several times in the past and the other Hotels cannot hold a candle to the Omni....I have already booked another stay with them next month. My hat goes off to the Omni Hotel and Staff and a very much deserved "Thank You" for making our weekend so wonderful!

• Liked — The size of the Room and the Heavenly bed and Location
  • Disliked — The price of the Valet
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

Great hotel, great location and an excellent staff, and very attentive to guests needs..I remember when I checked in at night the night person Gary was trying to check-in another guest and at the same time answering a call ang doing some things at the same time and yet he manages to smile at us and greeted us warmly and making sure we are gonna be taken care of, very nice guy..he's a keeper

Stayed July 2007
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

A group of 8, stayed at the Omni for 4 days,after having a short cruise and before moving on to Vegas. It was superb. The service we recieved was excellent. The hotel was lovely and the rooms clean and very comfortable. We didn't eat in the hotel, but had breakfast in the adjoining Plaza , which we loved.
Although others have moaned about the location, we all really liked it- away from the hustle and bustle but with transport readily available to every area we wanted to visit.

Stayed August 2007
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

Stayed here for one night with my fiance on his birthday weekend. GORGEOUS lobby with amazing flowers. Check-in was a breeze and the iced tea and cookies at the front desk were great.

The bellman, doorman and front desk staff here were really on top of things. The concierge left a lot to be desired; she didn't know a thing. The doorman came over and whipped out a map and told us what to see, where to go, where to catch the metro.

Our room was on the 7th floor and pristine, great view of a courtyard and adjacent art museum. There are free concerts in the amphitheatre in back of the hotel, and we went and listened to a great cabaret performance. Top notch!

We did not eat at the hotel (L.A. has great restaurants!) but did have a drink in the bar and it was very nice. One thing to note: pool area is very small but we were in L.A. to check out the sights, so didn't spend any time at the pool really.

Brilliantly located and easy to find as well. We'll stay here again!

• Liked — 2 blocks from public transpo
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

As long as you know that this hotel is in downtown LA, which is not close to many major tourist spots, it's a very good choice. We had a good weekend rate and, without requesting, were upgraded to concierge level, including buffet breakfast and happy hour. The service and staff were very good. The bed was extremely comfortable, California king size, and the room quite large. We had a corner room with two windows - the design of the building is such that there are many more corner rooms than usual. It overlooked the plaza where a concert was being held - if you kept the windows closed, you wouldn't hear much. The windows did open if you liked.
If you did plan to use the California metro, it was just a block away - although I wouldn't recommend it at night if you're not familiar with it.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza? Share your experiences!