“Amazing service, perfect location, lovely rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   251 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #4 of 323 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing service, perfect location, lovely rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My friend & I are LA-natives, but when we decided to attend a alcohol-laden event downtown, we decided to book a room. Omni had great prices, perfect location, and good reviews, so we chose to stay there. We could not have made a better choice!! The front staff was amazingly-friendly and helpful from check-out, to our midnight request for food suggestions, to check-out. The room was lovely and clean and very comfortable. The hotel was easily walking distance from all the fun restaurants, etc. in DT, but the complimentary car service was perfect when we didn't feel like walking in the dark. We had such a great stay here and were sad to leave. All we needed when we booked was a place to sleep for the night, but we ended up feeling like we had a mini-vacation. Great value and the awesome hotel staff really just made our experience the best!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Booked a room here in Oct 2013 without knowing anything about the hotel. I was just trying to get close to Staples Center for the pink concert. Boy did I luck out!!
A very classy hotel with amazing staff. I arrived to find out I had left my credit card at a restaurant in Thousand Oaks that morning. The desk upgraded me into a room right away as my room wasn't available , and I was able to track down my credit card over the phone!
The rooms are very modern and classy. Everything about the hotel screams class! Yet the thing that stands out the most is the staff. I went to the concierge to find a lounge we could go to after the Pink concert, and she was very helpful and set me up. When we were leaving for the concert and asked for a cab, we instead were driven to the concert in a hotel shuttle and the driver dropped us off in front of a great restaurant right across the street. He gave me his card and said to call for pick up after the concert! Amazing!!
After the concert I called for pick up and said we wanted to be taken to the lounge the concierge had recommended rather than back to the hotel. It was 11 pm and the shuttle driver was done for the day, but he still came picked us up and said the lounge I had chosen closed at !! but he had taken the liberty of choosing a similar one that was open and dropped us off there. It ended up being an amazing roof top lounge over looking the city and capped off the nite. I believe the shuttle drivers name was Jim and he went over and beyond to make our nite exceptional. Good job Jim!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
We truly appreciate your comments, and are delighted to know we could exceed your expectations. Our associate will be recognized for going above and beyond to ensure our guests are taken care of. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I had an AMAZING weekend at the Omni. Our room was beautiful with a great room. We loved our comfy bed. Room service was fast and served excellent food. Everyone was so polite and helpful during our stay. I can't wait to go back again soon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Eugene, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Always great front desk and wait staff. 17th Floor Omni Lounge is a great plus. Restaurant and Bar on site both do a nice job. Food and Drink were outstanding. Service quality is very good. Convenient downtown location to Concert Hall, Museum of Modern Art, and a short distance to LA Live, Staples Center, etc. Also, fairly short trip to USC Main Campus.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

From the minute I entered the lobby of the Omni and the California Center I knew this would be a great experience. Each staff person went out of their way to be kind and courteous, and to offer to stop what they were doing to help make my week's stay enjoyable. And they did! Don't pass it up if you have the opportunity!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Our staff will appreciate knowing they could make this such an amazing stay for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! We look forward to your next visit.
Brasilia, DF
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with a very comfortable room, but the valet costs something like 40 bucks a day. Free internet if you are a member of the Omni rewards program.
Bad neighborhood. It kills the experience. You shouldn't stay there if it is a deal breaker.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We are delighted you had an enjoyable stay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We have compared our valet prices with other downtown hotels, and have done our best to offer competitive prices. We hope that the service you received will bring you back for another visit.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Overall, I really liked this hotel. The corner rooms are incredibly spacious, the view of the plaza is lovely, customer service is solid, the amenities are okay, and there's quick access to Starbucks, a convenience store, etc.

The glitches? 1. Poor wifi. I managed to get wifi access once in 4 days (including in the lobby). 2. A lousy selection of tv channels (I can only watch so many episodes of House Hunters -- HGTV being your best bet). 3. A so-so restaurant (Noe) for the price. Not great options for food allergy people (it IS California, right?), and just okay food (I ate better ate whole foods).

Overall, I will definitely come back ... But I will definitely download some viewing and sort out food beforehand.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please know that we appreciate all that you have written about your stay and that your comments will be shared with our management staff. Tyler Dow, Noe General Manager, would be glad to assist with recommendations in Noe Restaurant should you give us the opportunity to be of service.

Been to Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza? Share your experiences!