“Amazing Stay---wish we could stay longer” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   251 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #4 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Amazing Stay---wish we could stay longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

What an amazing hotel. Service was exceptional, decor and accomodations were solid and our room had an amazing view. Complimentary coffee and pant-pressing service for Omni members. Small but well appointed fitness center. This is the place to stay in the financial district. I would return in a heartbeat. Parking costs a lot and we chose to park offsite for a bit cheaper. Lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We appreciate your thoughtful comments. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit again and take in all the sites you mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ashland, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here on business recently. Hotel was convenient to the office I was working out of on South Grande. Also, the room was spacious, comfortable, and clean. Gym was open 24 hours and was crowded at 5:00am with jet-lagged east coasters like me. There was an outdoor lap pool, but it was a little cold outside to use it (low 50's). The hotel is also 1-2 miles from the convention center and Little Japan. Hotel was located right off the CA 110 freeway and just 30 minutes from LAX airport. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel had a French/Asian Fusion restaurant, which came in handy for a late night appetizer, but there were many other food options near the office buildings on South Grande Avenue. If I travel for business out here in the future, I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments! Our staff appreciates your patronage, and are happy to hear that they will have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Los Angeles.
Florissant, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here recently for a conference that I was attending. From the moment that I arrived until the moment I departed, the staff were all vry gracious and friendly! The lobby is extremely inviting, with fresh, chilled water, infused with fruit -- strawberries, blackberries, lemons and oranges. My room was also very roomy and the bathroom was large. I signed up for the Omni Frequent Guest program which offered many extras -- free wi-fi, a complimentary morning beverage delivered to my door and a daily newspaper -- all for free! The courtesy car was also a very nice touch -- it would take you anywhere in a 3 mile radius. I flew in to Burbank and took the train to Union Station, which is about a mile away from the Omni. When arriving, I came by cab. When I left, I was able to use the courtesy car. Had I known about the car, I could have had them pick me up at the train station too. Didn't get a chance to use the pool or the fitness center. I ate at Noe and the Grand Cafe, both of which were very good. Housekeeping was very good too -- room was made up on a timely schedule each day. Also received a complimentary housekeeping stop-by each afternoon to be sure that I had everything that I needed, which I thought was a very nice touch. Enjoyed my stay very much!

Room Tip: sign up for the Omni Guest Rewards program -- it takes only a little time and has very good rewards...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We are thrilled that you could experience wonderful Omni service and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Truro, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great hotel in downtown LA. Good location. Nice food in the bar/restaurant. Excelent rooms and bathrooms which hace seperate showers.
Very helpful staff.
Free shuttle car to anywhere in a 3 miles radius of hotel. They pick you up as well.
Below the Hotel is an area where they do food for the local office workers, use the rear door during the day, they lock it at night.
Easy to walk into the centre of downtown. [not recommended at night]
China town was a disappointment but we did have a nice Chinese meal. I am told there is an Indian area for your curry..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your kind words and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return stay!
Dana Point, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times and have posted other very favorable reviews. I continue to enjoy staying here. The rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms are spacious. I love having a separate shower. I have two complaints. The grout between the tiny tiles on the shower floor is unsightly and needs to be cleaned or replace. Also, the TV reception is absolutely terrible, especially compared to my HD reception at home. It seems it's about time the hotel upgraded it's TV reception to 2013 standards. Other than those two things, I love this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. In fact, we are currently undergoing a grout replacement in all the guestrooms. We are slowly working up one floor at a time to ensure minimal disruption to our guests. In addition, we will look further into the TV reception issue. Thank you for your constructive comments, and we hope you will return to see our new bathroom grout!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed at the Omni Hotel in Downtown LA with 3 friends. This is hotel is not good for groups or singles, more business type folks since its located in the financial district of LA lol, however, I still enjoyed my stay. We was greeted at the door with professionalism and felt very welcomed. The flavored was also a refresher after a long flight from Phila. Check was less than 5min. Rooms were roomy with plenty of bathroom space (and it was four girls)! Because our hotel was downtown, we party mostly in West Hollywood. We had a rent a car, which is recommended if staying in the downtown area. It took less than 10min to get to Hollywood for the nightlife. Valet parking is pricy but at least it's door to door service. Room service was great and everyone had a nice attitude. I would stay at the Omni again in future vacations!

• Stayed March 2013
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I love Omni's. Plain and simple, they get it right. Small hotel chain that honors group rates with their loyalty program. Check-in was fine and the agents were genuinely nice. Plenty of elevators to get to the room. Rooms were well apportioned and very clean. Bathrooms were plenty large with separate shower and bathtub. Housekeeping respected DND when it was up and the floors were quiet for the most part. There were a couple groups related to the Rose Bowl that got a bit rowdy and a wedding party that moved to the rooms, but other than that, an enjoyable six weeks. Room service changes the menu about 15 minutes before listed time so they missed out on me ordering every night but if thats as far as I can go with complaints over six weeks of living there, thats a pretty good track record.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you! We appreciate the feedback you provided. Without constructive criticism, we cannot improve on the service and product we provide to our guests. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Been to Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza? Share your experiences!