“Love this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   251 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #4 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Newton, Massachusetts, USA
“Love this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I travel to LA frequently for work. It's always a treat when the Omni is offering a rate that falls within our expense guidelines, occurring twice so far. The rooms are excellent, location is prime, and amenities are out of this world if you simply sign up for the rewards program. Free shoe shine, free shirt pressing, free wifi, free morning beverage delivered to room -- all unique in my experience and really improve the business travel experience. I really have only good things to say about this hotel - my only complaint is that I wish they always offered rates which permitted me to book here!

Room Tip: Many rooms have a view of the Disney Concert Hall/MOCA, which is nice
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bay Area, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We picked this location because it was near USC - but far enough away that we thought it was a safe neighborhood. The staff here is AWESOME! Room was comfortable - we didn't hear any street noise. Convenient little coffee stand/store on site. Nice piano lounge in the evening - on site. They have a property car that took us to our dinner reservation and then came and picked us up - which was great because we didn't have to deal with traffic. On site parking can be pricey, but hey, it's LA. Would recommend this hotel and stay here again if in Los Angeles. We joined their club and got free WI FI, newspaper, on-line check in, and coffee in the morning.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
newcastle upon tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Nice 5* in quiet area in financial district (fairly quiet but next to Walt Disney Concert hall and also art museum).
Bit of a walk into old LA where there are good value diners.
Room good quality and comfortable.
WiFi costs unless you sign up as "regular user" (or something like that)
Good table d'hote dinner.
Recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Olivos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Recently returned to the Omni to attend a show at the Music Center. Rooms all recently renovated. Immaculate. Gorgeous. Fantastic friendly staff from the valet to the front desk to the operator to the room service attendant. Someone here has trained the staff very well. I've had far worse service at supposed 5 star hotels. On top of all that they are extremely dog friendly. You will not be disappointed by this property. For anything downtown you're doing whether for business or Disney Hall or the Music Center I don't think you could beat it.
Attention to detail is incredible. As an example they even supplied starch next to the iron!
Powerful shower - great shower head - and a separate tub. I give it five stars.

Room Tip: Premiere rooms can't be beat
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Lloydminster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I just got back from this hotel and can't wait to go back. I spent 4 nights here over the US Thanksgiving weekend and have nothing but great things to say about it. I had signed up for their Loyalty Program and what a great idea that is. Right from the word go, they make you feel special.

I arrived on Friday after a long flight and dealing with LA traffic to get down to the hotel. I pulled my rental vehicle into the driveway in front of the hotel and immediately a bellman came over and helped with my luggage. They have mandatory valet parking here, so I gave him the keys to my rental and was handed a ticket in return and off he went. I went inside to the front desk to check in. I mentioned my name and the front desk clerk looked me up and said since you were a Loyalty Member and we had your credit card on file it is done. The cards were sitting there in alphabetical order just grab it and go. Some people might hate this, but this was fantastic to me. I always hate standing there with my luggage for 20 minutes being checked in. A nice little bonus, the front desk appeared to have an elevator button as there was an elevator waiting for me with the door open. No waiting at all. This little thing with the elevator happened everytime I returned to the hotel. I found that to be the cherry on top of their service.

The room itself was one of the nicest I have ever been in. I travel quite a bit for business and have never stayed in such a nice hotel. The room is quite large and features a flat screen LCD TV, granted they do not have HD channels in the rooms, but this is an improvement over many hotels that still have the old tube TVs. The view is great of downtown, I faced South Grand Avenue and had a great view of the MOCA, Disney Concert Hall and the towers on Grand. I love giant office towers and big city downtowns, so this was great for me. The bed was amongst the most comfortable I have ever had in a hotel. I actually had a great sleep, which is usually the problem when I travel. The bathroom was big and spacious and actually has a walk-in shower stall and a bathtub. Would be great if I had been traveling with other people and needed to use both.

The perks of the Loyalty program are great too. It gives you free Wi-Fi, which if you don't have the Loyalty program cost you $9.95/day. In addition, it also gives you complimentary morning beverage service. You can opt for tea, coffee, juice or soda. They give you a little card that you fill out and hang on your doorknob by 2 AM. You can specify the time you want it delivered and whether you want them to knock and leave it outside your door or serve it in your room. I opted to use them as an alarm clock and would have them knock and leave it outside the room. The other nice thing is that they allow you to specify which newspaper they deliver. I had asked for a local paper in my online profile, so they would deliver that day's LA Times and that day's USA Today complimentary. Also, each evening they would deliver two bottles of water to the room as part of the Loyalty Program. Very nice touch.

Apparently, the hotel has an outdoor pool and a spa. I didn't seek these out, so I cannot comment on how good or bad they were. I also did not eat specifically in the hotel. I did order room service one night (as the LAPD's chopper was hovering nearby due to the Occupy LA eviction and keeping me awake) and the burger I ordered was fantastic.

The hotel is located very centrally in downtown LA and is easy to get to and from. I rarely had any issues finding my way around from the hotel. The local area has a small shopping area in California Plaza, but the majority of things are only open during business hours. There is a convenience store called Famina!! that was decent, it is a Japanese chain that carries your regular US sodas, beers and snacks, but it also carries Japanese snacks. Also, they have fresh Krispy Kreme donuts there every morning. Across the street is the Wells Fargo Building and it has a California Pizza Kitchen in it. In addition, the hotel also has a towncar service that will take you in a 2 mile radius around the hotel. It has limited service to Staples Center, but it gets you across the street from the edge of L.A. Live, so that is good also.

Overall, I will return and stay at the Omni next time I am in the Los Angeles area.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Loyalty Program, free WiFi among other things.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us! Sounds like you were able to find all the benefits we provide to our guests to be helpful. We are so appreciative of your patronage, and hope that you will visit us again soon.
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

A truly excellent hotel. I booked it because it was within 10 miles of my business meeting in Commerce, and the surrounding area can be a bit dodgy. It was a five-star hotel for a modest premium to the others. No regrets. However, it irks me when hotels nick you for things that should be standard - like internet connection and bottled water. I'm not paying $5 to drink a bottle of Panna water. Could you just supply a bottle of Arrowhead water for free? And, high-speed wireless should be like air-conditioning by now. $40 for parking was steep, too, but this isn't a business overnight hotel, per se. It is a high-end, really nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
We were delighted to have you stay with us. We appreciate the feedback you provided, and hope that you will find many benefits provided to our guests through our Select Guest program. We also make every attempt we can to stay competitive with other downtown hotels in respect to our parking costs. We hope that if your travel brings you to Commerce again, you will consider giving us another opportunity to welcome you back.
Washngton, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Great rooms--BIG, well furnished, separate walk-in shower, wi-fi, courtesy car to local sites (3 miles)--What more could you want. The Noe bar is definite a place to go. We had a short visit (arrived late, left after lunch) so we did not at Noe--I suspect with missed a treat. We had lunch in the cafe--great curry chicken salad.

MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Art) is literally next door. If you enjoy Contemporary Art don't miss it.

Back to the Omni, they will bring coffee in the morning to the room--free! Best price I know. They sell Starbucks on the third floor for the addicted--I am more addicted to Starbucks' scones.

Noe bar was a real treat...9 ounce glasses of wine! Great outdoor tables--I can spell romance.

Room Tip: Grand avenue rooms overlook the Disney Hall. A sight to behold.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza? Share your experiences!