“Amazing Customer Service!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 South Hope Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #128 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Phoenix, Arizona
“Amazing Customer Service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed for 1 night and was greeted by Gustavo Gomez who checked us in to our reservation. He made the stay wonderful by being so gracious and informative.
The hotel itself was very nice. Great location. If I am ever in LA again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheraton_LA_Downtown, General Manager at Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you, thank you! On behalf of Gustavo and all of our associates that provide outstanding service, we greatly appreciate the shout out. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Travel safe and stay connected....Jonathan Litvack, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel two years ago, and wrote a review here. I went back again last week and stayed there for another four nights and feel compelled to write another review. The reason is that this hotel is too dirty and badly in disrepair. Wall paper in my room had large gashes and mold (see pictures). Carpet in lobby had holes (again, see picture). My room wasn't vacuumed for all four days I was there. There are small pieces of litters every where in hallway and it didn't seem to have been vacuumed for a while. I wonder if the clean staff there was even equipped with a working vacuum machine.
One more thing that you should know if you want to stay there: don't get upgraded to a suite. All their suites are right next to elevators. The hotel walls are thin and poorly sound proved. In any of their suites, you will constantly hear elevators like roaring storms at night.
Parking is still inconvenient as I have reviewed before. You need walk to a neighboring mall and take elevators there to parking garage. It will take you at least 5 minutes to get there.
One improvement since my last visit is a new gym. They have built a new gym on the 26th floor, which has a panoramic view of downtown LA and is pretty cool. Guests won't have to use the LA Fitness Club in the mall any more. But this is the only good thing that I have to say about this Sheraton.
If the general manager of the hotel read this review, please ask your house keeping staff vacuum guest rooms. Please replace torn wall papers. Please clean up the mold in bathroom. This hotel needs a good cleaning.

Room Tip: Don't get upgraded to their suites as all of them are right next to elevators and you will be ke...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sheraton_LA_Downtown, General Manager at Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and as requested, I have read your review. I apologize for your recent experience as we are working toward a number of changes. On that note, I can assure you that The Sheraton Fitness Center is not the only change and the first of many ahead. As another example, this weekend marks the opening of our new Club Lounge which will also be located on the 26th floor. In addition, all areas from guestrooms to public areas will undergo a complete renovation in the near future. On a separate note, I might suggest valet parking as it is only a few dollars more than the self-parking experience you referenced while offering very convenient parking.
In the end and while the future holds great promise, I am sorry for your past experience. Your feedback is important to us and I want you to know that we are rapidly making valued changes. Thank you and we invite you back soon to see and comment on the changes. Stay connected...Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Palos Verdes Estates, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

50min wait to check in is totally unacceptable. Plus the AC didn't work. Room service wait also way too long (ended up canceling order). No bar fridge which is strange.
Seriously below standard for a SPG hotel (specially in LA!).
Overall only stay here if you need to (and I am a SPG member!).

• Stayed August 2013
I am deeply sorry for your recent guest expereince. As a loyal Starwood Preferred Guest, you know that we typically do better and look to make things right when we have missed the mark. That said, I assure you that we will review your comments and make the appropriate changes. In addition and for the future, we will shortly begin our complete transformation and are certain that this will enhance your experience during a future visit. Thank you again for your comments as we look for ways to improve. Stay connected...Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Torrance, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Bottom line is this hotel is strictly average -- I can't figure out how people have been so impressed with this place. The rooms are nothing special and in severe need of renovation, as there were lots of scuff marks on walls and furniture, which as others have mentioned, is completely outdated. Plus our coffee maker was broken. And in response to a previous review, yes, the suites are right next to the elevators, which sound like roller coasters flying by. Not sure if the front desk person gave it to us as passive-aggressive retribution. Which leads me to the lengthy time it took to check in (20-30 minutes) and the overall lack of friendliness of front desk staff. I don't think I've seen such unhappy staff at another hotel, which is saying a lot. So where are all these fabulous staff other reviewers are talking about?? Luckily we were only staying one night and paid a discounted rate. If we had to stay longer and pay the regular rate, we definitely would have changed hotels. The only good thing we found was the Brasserie, where staff was very accommodating and helpful, considering we arrived just before closing and had no problem allowing my husband to order lunch instead of breakfast (plus the sandwich was really good!). The only way I'd ever stay at this hotel again is if the price is right, it's for one night, and we get a room away from the elevators!

Room Tip: Stay away from the "suites" next to the elevators!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that we missed the mark during your recent stay. As you noted, we typically do better providing a welcoming experience for our guests and I am sorry that was not your experience. That said, I am glad to read that the restaurant exceeded your expectations. We will certainly take your comments forward as we look to improve. In the meantime, we hope to welcome you back again soon. Travel safe...Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
SF Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here for the second time, both times for professional conferences (with a great rate!). The hotel is clean, comfortable, and nicely set up for conference activity.

Bed and bed linens are nice. Love having Starbucks coffee and Tazo teas in the room. Love free wi fi (no, not everyone is offering it these days). Love free bottled water (again, not free everywhere!). Bathroom is very small, but functional and clean.

Staff is all very accommodating and friendly. Best of all is the location and proximity to shopping, restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. Rooms facing the office building next door are more afforda...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts with fellow TripAdvisor fans. There is no doubt that our location is centralized and very convenient to all that the downtown area has to offer. This combined with our associates make for the great guest experience you described. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Stay connected....Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Port Chester, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had the opportunity to stay here for the last week and overall the experience was great! Lynda at the front desk did a great job taking care of us and made our anniversary stay exceptional. Also, kudos to the valet team as our car was always ready quickly when needed. The room was also large and always clean. My only gripe was that we did not have a fridge in our room but we made due. Thanks again to the team there as they did a great job!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheraton_LA_Downtown, General Manager at Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for the great review and shout out to both Lynda and our valet team. We greatly appreciate the feedback as well and assure you that as a part of our transformation, all of our guestrooms will have energy efficient refrigerators. In the meantime, please know that they are available upon request and as inventory provides. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and wish you continued safe travels. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Portland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Earth to the front desk...having a Platinum member wait in the express line to check in for 20 minutes is unacceptable. When busy, call a manager out to help. No suite upgrade offered, when I asked they said the suites are next to the elevators and will keep light sleepers up all night.
We had just stayed on club level at the Ritz Carlton, so imagine our surprise to see the Sheraton club level. There were not even waters in the refrigerator during the afternoon. The evening hors d oeuvres were, well, basic to say the least, as was the continental breakfast. Quite frankly, a Hampton Inn has more choices.
The room was comfortable, bedding fine. $28 self parking. Tip to guests, you can park at any of the lots around the hotel for far less. We paid $5 for the day across the street and left our car overnight on the street.
I booked through my corporate rate and plan to tell our corporate travel that there's probably better places to place employees in downtown LA.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_LA_Downtown, General Manager at Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I am terribly sorry that we missed the mark on a number of levels and assure you that your experience was not typical. While it will matter little for your past stay, please know that we are undergoing a complete transformation. This will include the Club Lounge that will be relocated to our spectacular 26th floor with city views that are second to none. In addition and before long, all elevators will be modernized and guestrooms will be rejuvenated. Again, I apologize for your recent stay, but hope you will try us again in the near future. The Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown is well positioned to deliver on the experience you've come to expect...Sincerely, Jonathan Litvack, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!