“Great hotel due to location and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel

Expedia.com Booking.com
Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 South Hope Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #96 of 318 hotels in Los Angeles
norcal U.S.A
“Great hotel due to location and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

First off, I want to state that my stay was for a business trip and the company paid for the room so I have no say in what type of room I had.

The location was perfect for me as the hotel is situated right next to the mall and post office. I had to ship several packages for my wife and it's great that I was able to drop by early in the morning before heading to the convention. Also, as room service is quite expensive despite that we get paid for food expenses, I'm glad that I can just walk basically a block or so away for IHOP, Chipotle, Bottega Louie or just go down next to the hotel at the mall's food center. Staff (front desk and bar) was very helpful when I asked for recommendations about salsa music and also transportation heading to LAX.

The room I had was a traditional guest room with all the necessary furnishings like the big sofa chair and LCD tv. Bed was probably a bit too soft as I wasn't able to sleep straight through the night. The TV remote has this annoying lag when manually inputting the channel number. The shower was probably the worst thing I can comment about the room as it was quite small. Other than that, Coffee is quite expensive ($2.75 for a Grande drip) on their shop downstairs as their drinks on their bar.

Overall, it was a good stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinLaPaloma, General Manager at Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you! I could not agree more with your comments. While we will undergo a $25 million dollar transformation; it will have little impact on the location or the staffs friendliness. To read confirmation that we have those two attributes as a strength supports the commitment we have going forward towards the rejuvenation. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and hope you will stay connected as the transformation begins. Remain well....Jonathan Litvack, General Manger

735 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel from the outside, and from the lobby looks great...the rooms are not worth the money you pay for. Firstly, the air conditioning in the room made so much noise at night, it made for a restless night. Secondly, the bathroom has no vent to get rid of the mist from the shower, thirdly, the carpet in the room is very dirty..and I can go on and on. The room's ventilation system NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT AND THE ELECTRICAL SOCKETS ARE HANGING ON BY A LOOSE SCREWS. My business partners and their kids got sick due to poor ventilation, as well as myself. This is a hotel that NEEDS SOME TLC. The dust in the vents are visible and thick and need a good cleaning!!
If a management is reading this, the Sheraton stands by its name alone, and your hotel NEEDS a makeover a paint job, and proper ventilation. I will not recommend any of my business partners or friends to stay there. The duvet in the room had stains on it. Room service, was poor, as we preordered our breakfast the night before, and they still got our order wrong.
The hospitality staff were friendly, which made up for the poorly rated hotel.

Please stay somewhere else, until they get this hotel up to standard, considering the nightly rate they charge!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry for your most recent experience and would offer that you contact me directly so we might discuss further. In the meantime, I offer no excuse and assure you that our $25 million dollar rejuvenation will address all the areas that you touched upon. The staff remains focused on providing a great guest experiences, but there is no escaping the need for a complete transformation. Please trust that you and all of our fans that have referenced similar have our full attention and commitment towards upgrading as we go forward. In addition, please know that we appreciate everyone's loyalty and support as we make this transformation and encourage everyone to remain connected throughout. We will look for ways to post updates of the transformation as the process begins. I apologize for the past experience, but promise that the future for The Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown is very bright. Stay connected....Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This hotel is as standard as Sheraton's come. Nice, average sized room. Has all the amenities that one requires. Lobby has a coffee/gift shop which was very helpful, especially in the morning to grab a coffee and a muffin when in a rush to go out for the day and explore. This hotel's accommodation was arranged for us and never having being to Los Angeles before we were not sure of the location and neighbourhood was like. Being located in downtown which is a business district, the neighbourhood does not offer a lot to do tourist wise. That is not to say that it is completely isolated with tourist attractions such as Hollywood can be accessed by cars and public transport. This was a decent hotel that was not impossibly far from attractions but be prepared to travel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write and note our centralized location. We are about to embark upon a $25 million dollar transformation that will address a number of issues. In the meantime, we trust our location and friendly staff will provide a great experience while visiting. That said, please watch for more information as our rejuvention process will begin before long and touch upon every aspect of our guest's experience. Stay connected....Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Pinehurst, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was there in May for a convention. We experienced some issues with the A/C, but the front desk was able to accommodate me with a fan to make my room more comfortable during my visit on a sold out week! All of the staff were remarkable even under difficult situations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, thank you! Recognizing that it is our associates that can make the difference is key. That said, our $25 miillion dollar transformation will address the hotel's heating and air conditioning. It will all be modernized along with our elevators that are sometimes noted as slow. In the meantime, I apologize for the inconvenience, but greatly appreciate you recognizing your overall positive experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Stay connected....Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

It's just a standard hotel for me, not better than other Sheraton worldwide. It could have been better if the receptionist is professional at that time. I gave my credit card for guarantee and the receptionist forgot to return it and caused such a panic for me when I try to find my card. I thought that would be the standard thing to do to return the card and not keep it there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
My apologies for the error made during your arrival. It is not typical and one that we will review with the team as a reminder. We are confident that the $25 million dollar transformation that is in our near future will set this hotel apart and make it a 'Flagship" Sheraton. Please join us on our rejuvenation journey as we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Stay connected....Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Salzburg, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

A Sheraton is a Sheraton is a Sheraton and that should describe this L A downtown hotel sufficiently. You get all the necessary amenities, a comfortable and spacious room, friendly staff and a great location. That was the basic criteria why we opted for this hotel and the location is definitely a major plus point here. The subway station is right opposite and you get around pretty fast to Hollywood Boulevard and the Union station etc. and very conveniently. Some other attractions like the Staples center are within walking distance. Since LA is pretty wide spread and to get to attractions like the Santa Monica, Rodeo drive, Beverly hills I would recommend a Hop-on Hop-off tour. You get to see all the places and that within a day.

The only issue I have is with the reception lady who allotted us a room on the 24th floor. Please insist on another floor if by chance you should be given a room on this floor. This is the highest floor of the building and has the air-condition unit on the roof, which results in it being very noisy. I did not quite understand the logic behind the policy of the reception staff to allot rooms on this floor when the hotel occupancy was not even 30% over the weekend. Basically one books a hotel room to relax and to sleep and that basic right was denied to us due to this noisy room. This should not have been so and an otherwise overall satisfied customer would have been even more satisfied. Lets hope this young lady- though very friendly- would make amends and refrain from doing so in future. That there were enough rooms available on other floors and that we should not have been given this floor was pointed out to us at the reception upon complain, by the morning staff the next day.

I would also like to point out that this was sorted out very efficiently by the 2 gentlemen Mr. Miguel Ryes and his supervisor Mr. Jun Garcia. My gratitude to you for helping us.

Room Tip: Avoid the 24th floor, it has a very noisy air-condition unit over the entire floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write. I apologize that the 24th floor was uncomfiortable for you, but was glad to read that we were able to resolve the opportunity before you departed. Our location is truly central to all within the downtown area and following our transformation, will make us the premiere destination. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Travel safe and stay connected. jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I usually avoid downtown hotels, if at all possible. But,many times it is unavoidable. But, this property is an exception. This hotel was very pleasant . The rooms were rather large for a downtown location. They were also quite comfortable.The staff was very pleasant and friendly.I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review and pointing out a great feature of this hotel...our location! Following a $25 million dollar transformation, there will be no better place to stay. Our location combined with our exceptional service and soon to be transformation, will make us the clear choice for all of our loyal guests. Travel safe and stay connected. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!