“OK hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 South Hope Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #111 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Jakarta, Indonesia
“OK hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

It's just a standard hotel for me, not better than other Sheraton worldwide. It could have been better if the receptionist is professional at that time. I gave my credit card for guarantee and the receptionist forgot to return it and caused such a panic for me when I try to find my card. I thought that would be the standard thing to do to return the card and not keep it there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TheWestinLaPaloma, General Manager at Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
My apologies for the error made during your arrival. It is not typical and one that we will review with the team as a reminder. We are confident that the $25 million dollar transformation that is in our near future will set this hotel apart and make it a 'Flagship" Sheraton. Please join us on our rejuvenation journey as we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Stay connected....Jonathan Litvack, General Manager

797 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Salzburg, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

A Sheraton is a Sheraton is a Sheraton and that should describe this L A downtown hotel sufficiently. You get all the necessary amenities, a comfortable and spacious room, friendly staff and a great location. That was the basic criteria why we opted for this hotel and the location is definitely a major plus point here. The subway station is right opposite and you get around pretty fast to Hollywood Boulevard and the Union station etc. and very conveniently. Some other attractions like the Staples center are within walking distance. Since LA is pretty wide spread and to get to attractions like the Santa Monica, Rodeo drive, Beverly hills I would recommend a Hop-on Hop-off tour. You get to see all the places and that within a day.

The only issue I have is with the reception lady who allotted us a room on the 24th floor. Please insist on another floor if by chance you should be given a room on this floor. This is the highest floor of the building and has the air-condition unit on the roof, which results in it being very noisy. I did not quite understand the logic behind the policy of the reception staff to allot rooms on this floor when the hotel occupancy was not even 30% over the weekend. Basically one books a hotel room to relax and to sleep and that basic right was denied to us due to this noisy room. This should not have been so and an otherwise overall satisfied customer would have been even more satisfied. Lets hope this young lady- though very friendly- would make amends and refrain from doing so in future. That there were enough rooms available on other floors and that we should not have been given this floor was pointed out to us at the reception upon complain, by the morning staff the next day.

I would also like to point out that this was sorted out very efficiently by the 2 gentlemen Mr. Miguel Ryes and his supervisor Mr. Jun Garcia. My gratitude to you for helping us.

Room Tip: Avoid the 24th floor, it has a very noisy air-condition unit over the entire floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write. I apologize that the 24th floor was uncomfiortable for you, but was glad to read that we were able to resolve the opportunity before you departed. Our location is truly central to all within the downtown area and following our transformation, will make us the premiere destination. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Travel safe and stay connected. jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I usually avoid downtown hotels, if at all possible. But,many times it is unavoidable. But, this property is an exception. This hotel was very pleasant . The rooms were rather large for a downtown location. They were also quite comfortable.The staff was very pleasant and friendly.I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review and pointing out a great feature of this hotel...our location! Following a $25 million dollar transformation, there will be no better place to stay. Our location combined with our exceptional service and soon to be transformation, will make us the clear choice for all of our loyal guests. Travel safe and stay connected. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
san francisco, california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a 4 day conference. The hotel is huge and attached to a Macy's shopping mall circa 1970's. The location is good for downtown restaurants, stores, and easy access to the metro, right across the street. The metro allows access to many areas of Los Angeles for $1.50 and it easily beats driving with the congested traffic conditions.

Check in was easy and smooth, I requested a possible upgrade to club level for additional fee, but unfortunately it was not available due to multiple events at this hotel. The front desk was kind enough to offer me a large corner room with more windows and light. I am Sheraton club member. The furnishings were dated, but functional and the bed was comfortable. A couple caveats for future travelers: my room did not offer a typical hotel safe, no problem for me on this trip, although others may want one to use. The second caveat was that the walls and the adjoining room door allow for noise intrusion from the next room neighbors. My neighbors' late night activity noises were quite apparent.

The front desk personnel told me that this hotel was recently sold to corporate Sheraton and will be refurbish in the near future. The hotel restaurant, Brasserie was typical mediocre hotel food, meh. All in all I would return because of location and the friendly hotel staff.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for the best possible quiet room if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Had an event to see and stayed here a night, instead of driving back to San Diego. Everything about this hotel was great, except for the check-in. I don't know if maybe we arrived at a bad time or if this was a night for a separate event or convention. Probably a convention... But there was actually a wait line to the concierge. We waited probably 45 minutes to check-in for our room. Ridiculous.

Other than that, it was a nice, big room, with a great view. It was clean and had plenty of channels. The lobby was huge. There's a Starbucks and a convenience store within the hotel. We had to take a cab because we didn't want to deal with the underground parking valet hassle. I'd visit the place again.

Room Tip: Arrive at non-peak hours (4:30-6:30pm), to ensure there's not a herd of people waiting in line.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
la
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Before traveling to Los Angeles for business I read hotel reviews for the Sheraton Downtown. Some of them were not very good so I was a bit apprehensive on arrival.
For the life of me I can not figure out where the bad reviews could come from. Everyone was nice, they let me check in early, extend my stay at the same rate and the Club room was great. OK, maybe they could have given free drinks at night , but i have a feeling that might be a California law prohibiting that.
Bottom line, there was nothing wrong with my stay and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Recently I was in LA for a conference and we stayed at the Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel. The staff were all smiles and were very helpful. They made me feel very welcome. I forgot my charger and they managed to find one for me without hesitation. Not sure about the other rooms but the corner deluxe suite with the king bed was wonderful and so comfortable!

Also the Hotel itself is attached to a small mall that has a gym, a few clothing store some souvenirs and a newera store (for all your lakers, clippers, dodgers and kings needs).

Its Located across the street from the subway thus making it easy to get you where you want like Hollywood.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!