“good downtown hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 South Hope Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #124 of 323 Hotels in Los Angeles
Providence, Rhode Island
“good downtown hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had an average experience at this hotel. The neighborhood is quiet at night, but there is enough dining options nearby. I had some pleasant surprises (like free parking) and some disappointments (like half of the elevators weren't working). but overall the balance of the experience was fine. I was pleased that the front desk volunteered to give me free parking as compensation for the inconvenience of waiting in a long line at check-in. That to me is what customer service is all about. And I think they were also eager to please due to the maintenance problems they were having with the elevators.

Room was large and comfortable, but it hadn't been updated lately.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_LA_Downtown, General Manager at Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Yes, sorry about the elevator challenges...but pleased we were able to recover with the free parking. Thanks for your review...we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here one night while catching a show at the Palladium in Hollywood. I booked through hotwire, so I didn't specifically pick this hotel. The rate was good, the bed was very comfortable, the room a good size. Bathroom was standard hotel bathroom. I mainly liked the conveinence of this hotel. The subway was a block away (though LA's subway fare system makes no sense whatsoever). And there are now lots of food options downtown. We went to Public School and it was good for craft beers and appetizers.

I did read that parking at the hotel is expensive, so I found a parking garage just around the block at 7th and Grand that was much more affordable.

Overall, for the rate and on a weekend, I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sheraton_LA_Downtown, General Manager at Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thanks for your reveiw and we look forward to the next time!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of checking in an hour early! The customer service was absolutely exceptional. I was even given a parking pass as I asked where parking was available. This made everything much easier.
The parking is underground then goes up afew floors. You do end up walking through the mall lobby to enter the hotel from the garage elevators. However; I did not find this to be much of a problem. Luckily I was there the day if the Grammy's, which added a bit of excitement.
In addition to checking in early location is good. The Staples Center was a 13 min walk. I saw some restaurants I wish I would have had time to try! Also, the fashion district was not what I thought it would be, but none the less was fun. It reminds me of Canal st in NYC. You can find some bargains if you have the patience and time to browse.
Side note: I found an Ihop on Flower St. Its 24 hrs. I wish I had known that when I decided to do take out at the hotel. The take-out brochures the front desk gave were not great options. I picked TG Express (Chinese). Maybe it was just me but this was not in anyway Chinese food. It tasted bland and I ended up throwing it out. Fortunately, the meal was inexpensive. Overall. I had a fabulous stay for one night and was able to explore areas around the hotel. It seemed safe as well. Ill definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013
Thanks for your review.....we will take the Chinese recommendation off our list, but pleased that you otherwise enjoyed your stay. Come back soon!
Central Coast California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I wanted to stay in downtown Los Angeles and the Sheraton offered the best price. It turned out to be a great location. I love the Big City feel and wanted to see if Downtown LA was like other big cities. It really is, Doesn't feel anything like the other areas of LA i've stayed in. Lots of business people milling about, restaurants, hustle and bustle of a busy financial center with homeless also on the streets as you venture out to the periphery.

LA is known for freeways and cars-but it has a subway! The 7th Street Station is down the block. The Red Line that is access there offers Hollywood and Highland as well as Universal Studios on it's line among other stops. Park your car and see the city like other big city people do- via public transportation! Fairly new concept for LA but doable.

Getting back to Sheraton, nice clean room but no safe in it. They have a safe deposit box system downstairs for valuables. Slightly inconvenient, Good service, The only thing is I didn't care for is that there is no concierge. When I asked if they had one, I was directed to the Bellman station, I asked this person a question thinking maybe he does double duty? Anyway I could tell by his answer, he clearly was not a concierge,

Was given room on 14th floor with great city view, There is a CVS across the street and a small mall attached to the hotel.

Again great home base for downtown exploration.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us!
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was a pretty average Sheraton, get what you expect is what I say. Rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfast was a Sheraton breakfast, nothing more nothing less. I enjoyed my stay in downtown L.A. and I will be back if I need to be in L.A. again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Pleased that your stay was a good one....we can now also promote our new 26th floor Sheraton Fitness for the ultimate workout. Honestly!
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I went for a conference, so paid the rack rate. Therefore interpret my review in that light.
1. The location is excellent, a pleasant walk to the convention center and all major downtown attractions.
2. The decor is ordinary, the lobby, bar and front desk are a little depressing.
3. The club level is excellent value for money. The lounge is open all hours with coffee and soda, newspapers, internet access, continental breakfast and evening snacks.
4. The service is ordinary. The staff is not well versed in American ways.
5. Bar service and food is ordinary.
6. One day, the breakfast in the lounge was late by 2 hours, no explanation...lot of businessmen went to work that hungry that morning.
7. Elevators are SLOW, the front desk inefficient: polite but ineffective.
8. The wardrobe door was broken..seemed a longstanding problem.

On the whole, the hotel is a regular Sheraton. It would be good if you get a good rate, have more than 1 person with you and get the lounge. But for the rack rate it is not good value. Most of all, the service lacks quality or refinement.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton_LA_Downtown, General Manager at Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Appreciate the constructive comments and regret not having "wowed" you in our customary fashion! We will follow up on your feedback and work hard to regain your confidence next time.
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Service was good, room was good. Sadly only double beds available no queens, bad with more than 2 people.
Internet did not work at all, really bad, AT&T service could not help either. Parking fees are painfully high, but you can come and go and park in downtown LA. The Sheraton is located in a shopping/office complex containing a Macy's. Lots of restaurants in walking distance. Traffic annoying at rush hour time. Otherwise good value.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!