I went for a conference, so paid the rack rate. Therefore interpret my review in that light.
1. The location is excellent, a pleasant walk to the convention center and all major downtown attractions.
2. The decor is ordinary, the lobby, bar and front desk are a little depressing.
3. The club level is excellent value for money. The lounge is open all hours with coffee and soda, newspapers, internet access, continental breakfast and evening snacks.
4. The service is ordinary. The staff is not well versed in American ways.
5. Bar service and food is ordinary.
6. One day, the breakfast in the lounge was late by 2 hours, no explanation...lot of businessmen went to work that hungry that morning.
7. Elevators are SLOW, the front desk inefficient: polite but ineffective.
8. The wardrobe door was broken..seemed a longstanding problem.
On the whole, the hotel is a regular Sheraton. It would be good if you get a good rate, have more than 1 person with you and get the lounge. But for the rack rate it is not good value. Most of all, the service lacks quality or refinement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the downtown financial district, the Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel is an inviting retreat from your hectic lifestyle. Over 40,000 square feet of transformed flexible event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Sheraton