“Great place to stay, but make sure to check your credit card statement!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luxe City Center Hotel

Save Saved
You added Luxe City Center Hotel to your Saves list
Luxe City Center Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90015 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #16 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great place to stay, but make sure to check your credit card statement!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed at the Luxe just this past weekend and overall it was a great stay. The rooms were so clean, most of the staff we encountered were nice and friendly. The Food from the restaurant was great although the fees were a little high for room service and the valet especially the candy and snack bar! Who in their right mind would pay $9 for a bag of small chips or $7 for a tin of jelly bean?! It's a good thing those things are optional...

The only major complaint I have is I just checked my credit card statement online and somehow there's extra charges/unfamiliar amounts that I did not sign for showing up and I don't have any explanations for them totalling close to $300 extra charge? My invoice at the time of checkout had my name and room number correct but the personal address is not and it only stated that I would be charged $215, but yet my credit card statement shows $495 pending charges from the Luxe Hotel. I'm not sure if this is from them but after checkout on Sunday, I received an email from a "Valeria Ianniello" stating review payment with an attachment but there is no message on the actual email and the attachment is not viewable. Again, I received another email from a "Marilena Di Maio" same thing, the email subject just states "new transaction"... There was no content in the body of the email and attachment is not viewable. Not sure if these are staff members from the hotel sending emails from their personal accounts to clients? I'm hoping to speak to the hotel staff tomorrow to clarify and sort out.

Would I stay here again? Yes definitely, but just a word of advice. Make sure to double check all credit card charges.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
LUXECITYCENTER, Operations Manager at Luxe City Center Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you Jieleebean for your review. I was surprised to read your comments concerning your credit card statement and wanted to let you know that I’ve sent an email to your profile account in hopes find out what happened. I do not recognize the names you mentioned in the review as they are not employees of ours.
I do appreciate you taking the time to recognize our friendly staff and look forward to providing you with another great stay in the near future.

375 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I felt comfortable going to the restaurant by myself to eat lunch while I waited for my roommate. The food was excellent and reasonably price for a large city, and the waitstaff didn't rush me to finish and clear the table.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mexicali, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is the best hotel i ever stayed in los angeles, just in front of La Live, very lovely hotel, comfortable beds, big bathroom, they give you blottle of wáter when you arrive, the people at the front desk was very friendly and kind, i will come back every time i come to LA.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
LUXECITYCENTER, Operations Manager at Luxe City Center Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you marisolpalmerin, for your thoughtful review of our Hotel. I appreciate your recognition of our staff and look forward to providing you with the same, friendly service when you return to Los Angeles.

Lawndale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is the best place in LA by FAR!! My hubby and I were out on a stacation a night out dinner and drinks and this place put the cherry on top. The rooms on the 7th floor are spectacular, amazing view and cumfy bed!! Our remarkable experince began with the reservation specialist named YAHAIRA (hope i spelled correctly) very attentive and gave great advice with things to do in the area!
we will definitely be back

thank you LUXE!

Room Tip: 7th floor amazing view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you pilar m for taking the time to recognize our hotel and staff. What a nice treat it was for Yajaira to read your thoughtful comments. We look forward to having you back for your next stacation.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night here since we were going to a concert at the staples center and we didn't want to drive home after the concert. So for us this place was a quick walk across the street.
Bed was very comfortable, they had robes, toiletries etc
The maintenance guy showed up to fix a shower head that was apparently broken. That would have been bad if we went to shower and no water came out.
Place is clean and had a nice bar and walking distance to everything
Parking is 40$ a night which is a bit much but we paid it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, and the service was very good. We stayed here a night because my husband's band was playing a show around the corner, but it was very nice, bottles of water and toilettes were given on arrival, and the showers were AWESOME. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

My preferred hotels are boutiques and I stayed at the luxe over the jw thinking I would get a high end boutique. It was not high end nor charming. While it has been updated and the new furniture is decent it lacks any charm or ambiance of a kimpton or andaz. The 2 nd floor bar is nice and a good place to have a drink but the rooms are smallish holiday inn size The service was ok but not special. Would I stay there again, likely no but if required to I would not object too much. The rooms facing the street are noisy as you hear the street traffic

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Luxe City Center Hotel? Share your experiences!