“Nice surprise - great location for convention or Staples Center” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luxe City Center Hotel

Save Saved
You added Luxe City Center Hotel to your Saves list
Luxe City Center Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90015 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #12 of 318 hotels in Los Angeles
Volo, Illinois
“Nice surprise - great location for convention or Staples Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was attending a trade show at the LA convention center and didn't know that part of town. I also didn't know of this chain. I was pleasantly surprised at the decor, staff, location, and accommodations. Right across the street from LA live and adjacent to the Staples Center, this hotel provided a wonderfully comfortable room with great services. Quick room service and clean modern rooms made me feel at home. You can eat in at their restaurant or go across the street to one of the many terrific restaurants in LA live. Luxe City Central is also not too far from 7th street where many other great establishments are. You will not go wrong with this hotel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

346 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel is perfect, I like the fact that it was spotless and it was across the street from Staples Center, my husband and I travel quite a bit, I judge a hotel by its cleanliness, staff and location, this hotel exceeded our expectation. We cant wait to go back. Figoly is the restaurant on the property, that was a find, it was great.
Sofia

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chillicothe, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed about five days for a convention. I chose this location due to the proximity to the convention center. It was about a three block hike but close in comparison to other downtown hotels. This is not what I would consider a high rise hotel so the wait for the elevators weren't bad. I had a standard room that overlooked the Grammy museum. Nice view of the street but not very restful considering the street noise. Every night from about 6 to 11 p.m. a street performer set up directly across the street to play the drums. It was annoying to say the least. Turning on the fan in the room helped drown out some of the repetitive banging from this gentleman. The staff was very accomodating and kind. Bottles of water and chocolate were handed out each night by housekeeping. The rooms were clean and the robe and slippers supplied were a nice touch. There is not a pool at this hotel which was a bummer but not a deal breaker. The hotel only provides room service for breakfast. The restaurant on site had excellent food but the menu was very limited. Modern decor and secure location considering the electronic key access to use the elevator.

Room Tip: If you value sleep, do not get a room facing the street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I traveled to the Los Angeles to take in some West Coast adventure and stayed at the Luxe As part of my birthday week. It was real easy to get to...there was always parking availability (valet or otherwise). The location was right where I needed to be in terms of when I took in a Lakers game, dining at the different restaurants and it was a short distance from all of the sight seeing I wanted to do. Rooms were very clean, pillows were soft, and drinks and condiments and snacks were available if I wanted to eat something! The Luxe seemed very busy so make sure you book in advance for smooth sailing. The only setback was that they seemed to be overbooked and understaffed at the high times...meaning, they could turnover too
A fast enough for customers, but other than that...the Luxe is where it's at!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night, there was an error on my reservation and they they tried to charge me more more the than the price I booked it for. Upon booking they said my room would have a view of the staples center, when I got to the room I had a view of the parking lot. When I called the service desk downstairs they said all of the suites were on the side of the hotel (towards the parking lot) which I later found out was not true. When I went to the restaurant (figoly) they offered to deliver it to my room, however failed to mention there would be an additional change +10% . The one good thing is can say is that the room was very clean. All in all after paying $300 for a night stay, I feel like I got ripped off and I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
LUXECITYCENTER, Operations Manager at Luxe City Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you Rayisha T for your review. I apologize for the stay you recently had with us in regard to not getting the room you requested and more importantly, the view. I would love to have you back in the hotel to enjoy the view of Staples Center in your room as well as on our 2nd floor Patio Deck. I have sent an email to your profile account if you’re able to return. We look forward to making your next stay with us a great one.

Best Regards,

Ryan Block
Operations Manager
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here for a conference at the Convention Center. Longer walk than the conference information indicated but not too bad. After the first night, I didn't get maid service until after 6:15 p.m. I called the front desk at 4:00 p.m. and they assured me they would be right up. At 5:00 p.m. I went down to the front desk to ask for some fresh towels. He said they could do that but my room probably wouldn't be cleaned today. I had to get ready for a dinner so soon the towels showed up. As I was walking out to go to dinner the maid service asked if they could clean the room. The remaining 3 nights went fine on the maid service. The wireless internet worked great the first night and then only worked if I stood by the door. I was in room 400 at the end of the hall. I told the front desk about it when I left...at least they have wired but that does nothing for an Ipad. Room service was good but pricey and parking was the same cost ($30) to self park or valet. The room was ok and the bathroom was nice with quality amenities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed at the Luxe the night of the Pink concert (awesome concert). Originally tired to stay at the Marriot but it was full so booked at the Luxe. It was perfect location for LA Live area. The room was nice and the staff were friendly. Would stay here again. Only stayed one night so we really on saw the room and didn't pay attention to any other parts of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Luxe City Center Hotel? Share your experiences!