“Conveniently located to the major attractions downtown” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxe City Center Hotel

You added Luxe City Center Hotel to your Saves list
Luxe City Center Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90015 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas
“Conveniently located to the major attractions downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Was in walking distance to many big restaurants, clubs, bars, and the Staples Center. Rooms were modern, luxurious, and comfortable for my short one night stay. There was a charge for valet parking but the service is fast! For the location, it is a big plus and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I have been to the Los Angeles area before, but have never stayed in the heart of the city before. The Luxe City Center had freshly remodeled rooms, and was just across the street from LA Live. LA Live is full of restaurants and night clubs.

The staff was incredible they gave us bottled water upon check in and they always had snacks out. One member of the staff even helped us find a chauffeur to take us to Hollywood one night. For the night the chauffeur for only $100 (far less than the cab ride would have been.) The same car took us to LAX for $50.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in LA.

Room Tip: Fantastic hotel for Laker Games, Nokia Concerts, Fun times at LA Live, or events at LA Convention ce...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
National City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stayed at this hotel because I was attending an event at the convention center and is one of the closest hotel. At checked in the person who helped me was all confused about my rates and told me wrong information about the charges and got overcharged during my stay. The parking was $40 a night!!! there was no lobby because the hotel is still under construction and the elevators were very slow. The valet people were rude and asked me twice for tip! I have never had any valet asked me for that, I travel all the time and I believe that is up to the person and optional not a requirement.
The room was nice but the walls are so thin you can hear everything! from outside and from both your neighbors and the hallway. Very noisy and the beds are not comfortable enough. When checking out I asked for a cart to take my stuff downstairs, I was told they were very busy and that they didn't have carts so I have to bring my stuff downstairs and then they can bring my car to the front. We grab some stuff and brought it downstairs, the elevator took forever and once we got to the lobby it was empty! and the valet people were just standing outside the door doing nothing! and I saw some bell cart people going up the elevator with them WTF??? seriously I was so mad freaking useless people.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Interior of room was nice however I did not like the Kobe Bryant picture (I do not believe it was appropriate and should not have been in the room). Walls are thin with no sound deadening. Tenants next door had a dog that whined all the time. Bathroom was nice other than the one ply toilet rough toilet paper. Restaurant and bar were closed due to refurbishment. I had to park on the second level outside which to me I should not have paid the same price as tenants that got the inside covered premium parking. Wireless Internet connection was weak and spotty. Beds had a pillow top mattress but no boxed springs which meant I had to deal with a sore lower back each morning. The beds offered no support. Great location but in need of work. This hotel is not quite ready for the public. They need to complete renovations and workout the bugs. Customer service was good.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
inverness
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Although the bar area and pool were close due to renovations at the hotel I was upgraded to a great room. Large tv, excellant shower and massive very comfortable bed. Hotel was 15 minutes drive from lax and located opposite the staples centre within easy walking distance of the metro and a good selection of bars and restarants. No issues with noise from traffic or the renovations.Parking was $25 a day which seemed steep at the time but considering the location in downtown LA was to be expected. Staff were friendly and welcoming and i'd definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Stone Mountain, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

First trip to L.A. for a Lakers game. Came over from Vegas and wanted to spend the night. I knew nothing about the place and was tired of looking at hotels around the area. I booked online a king superior. We checked in and was upgraded to an Executive suite. Wow!! What an upgrade!. It was spacious and didn't have your typical doors to separate the areas. To me it had a contemporary asian flair with the sliders. The shower was fantastic and I actually used their shower gel and lotion (love, love, love). I want more of it. I also hit the pillow and thought I must have this pillow on my bed at home. It's from Pacific Coast so I have a call in to their housekeeping to get the exact particulars. There was construction going on, but unless you were outside, you didn't know it. I had bought a parking pass for the game, but didn't have to use it. Parking was $25 but it's L.A or a metropolis so get used to it. New York parking is atrocious so it was a steal. Staff was kind and helpful. We were in a new time share in Vegas and we said City Center Luxe tops the time share except there wasn't a 120 inch tv screen. I like the idea that it's not a cookie cutter hotel and the location to everything in the center of the city. Love, love, love. Go and book!!!! Marilynn and Ron.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

We enjoyed the great location across the street from LA Live and the Staples Center. We also enjoyed walking down to Santee alley and taking in the downtown LA feel. The room was very new and a lot of fun. Only drawbacks were the restaurant and bar were not open as of this date and parking was a bit high.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Luxe City Center Hotel? Share your experiences!