“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10740 Wilshire Blvd at Selby Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024 (Westside)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
Fall-ing For You
Ranked #13 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Belton, Texas
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you want every detail taken care of, book this hotel. Great property, great location, great staff. I met several "locals" that make a daily stop at the Kimpton bar just for the ambience and people. That tells me alot! I'll be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Albert S, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Cmoorevision,

We all like to go where everybody knows your name and I'm so happy you learned that BLVD.16 is one of those special places where we do just that!

Come back again soon and hang out with your friends!

James Dannecker
AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel did not live up to the reviews nor what is expected from a Kimpton Hotel. We choose this hotel to celebrate my husband's birthday. When we arrived the room was not ready and we waited when they decided to change our room. The room was nice but very small. Did not like the pocket door for the bathroom. Because they changed rooms, our picture was not in the room which they sent us an email a week before to provide a pic to be put in the room. We called about the pic but they could not locate it and advised we would have it in the morning when we checked out. We also asked for a fish which we never received. It took awhile for my husbands surprise to be brought to the room since we moved. We had parking, breakfast and room rate. The breakfast is only good for $20 credit not a free breakfast so be prepared to pay as the food is pricey. When we checked out the next morning they did not have the picture, nor was the manager on duty very concerned about our complaints. We left very unhappy with the treatment? Received an email a couple days later from the assistant manager which his response to my problems during our stay I found offensive. I will not return to this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Albert S, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Vacationlady,

Wow! We really messed this up and I would love to chat with you about making it up to.

Please reach out if you can?

Naperville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I really like this hotel. I do a lot of travel on business, and this hotel is located near the places I need to be. The staff is excellent. They pay attention to details, and respect your privacy. They offer a complimentary wine hour in the evening, and you can sample their wines. They also maintain a citrus cooler (sliced citrus fruit in ice water), and it is placed right by the entrance. So, when I return, I make my way over to the cooler. It's refreshing. In the morning, they offer fresh coffee in the lobby and they also offer decaf as well as hot water for those who want tea. I made use of the fitness room, and it's well equipped. I did not see any towels in the fitness room, but that was the only thing that was missing for my stay. They have an outdoor pool, but I did not use that. I wish I had more time. The location is near the UCLA campus and there are a great number of different places to eat for a very good value (can't charge too much if you want college students to eat there).

Room Tip: I've stayed at the hotel about four times, and there's no bad room. My last stay had a grea...
Green Features: I think the hotel is mindful of ways in which they can make as small an impact on the environment.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bill,

Wow, what a great review! You highlighted so many of our important touch points, thank you!

Hope to have you back soon!

Best,

San Rafael, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Drove my daughter back to UCLA and got a special rate from AAA that included parking and breakfast. Also joined the Kimpton club and received $10 minibar credit and free wi fi. Enjoyed getting foam pillows, being able to text for my car, and the free wine hour. Will stay here again. Very quiet rooms. Everything is clean, everyone is friendly, and it is easy check in and check out. They even have a bike you can use!

Room Tip: like the view to the back side better than onto Wilshire
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Babygame.

Congrats on your daughter at UCLA, what a great school!

I's so happy you had a great time and loved our rooms...it's a long school year so I fully expect to see more of you!

Best,

GM
Nantucket, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was greeted at the desk by the kindest receptionist ever. He actually volunteered to (and did) buy my wife some contact lens solution the next day. He found out it was my birthday and gave us drink coupons. Nice comfortable rooms with excellent service!

Room Tip: Great reasonable priced hotel for UCLA or Westwood. A bargain with great service. I have stayed at...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Happy birthday Alan! I'm so happy my team took great care of you and glad the contact solution was sent...

Hope to see you again soon!

Staffs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Hotel was ok, nothing to write home about, special little things written about were just not there or that special. Staff were helpful and friendly just like any where else. Place was nice and clean. Negatives; alot of small things rather than one large one,
no newspaper in the morning as requested
coffee machine provided for me but no coffee for 3 days
very much just a business hotel
Fine wines served by awine expert? No just 1 red and 1 white wine...
but the worst thing for me was we had to checkout by 12 midday and we decided to go to the beach as our flight wasn't until 9.30pm. There was no place to shower and change before leaving. I was directed to the public toilet to change. Not nice 24hours traveling with sand everywhere. Uncomfortable end to what should have been a luxury trip.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Rosy,

I'm so sorry you were disappointed that we did not staff wine hour with a sommelier. It is a complimentary service for our guests and an opportunity for our managers to socialize and meet all the wonderful people who stay with us. While late check outs can be given, 9:30pm is a little past extending a courtesy. Really sorry about that and happy to discuss further if you would like.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We planned a last-minute birthday/Labor Day getaway to Los Angeles with our new dog. My expectations were pretty low as I did not spend a lot of time searching, but found this to be the best value with Triple AAA discounts and it was centrally located. We were truly amazed at the discovery of such a gem!! And, our new dog felt right at home too! My daughter also loved the zebra print décor in the hotel room. Room/hotel overall very clean and staff were extremely friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jennifer,

Happy birthday and thank you for spending it with us! Glad you loved our kitschy decor and hope to see you again soon!

Albert Smith

Been to Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!