“Above and Beyond” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10740 Wilshire Blvd at Selby Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024 (Westside)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
August Savings
Ranked #11 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was our first time staying at a Kimpton Hotel and you have a guest for life! We traveled down for the recent UCLA Bruin Day and our stay was more than first class. From the minute we pulled up to the valets, then the front desk then up to our room We were there for UCLA Bruin Day and there was a Bruin Bear waiting in our room. Had an amazing room with a view and stylish decor. Definitely recommend for any type of stay from just business to fun, for couples or families.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Albert S, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Kathleen,

I'm glad you liked the Bruin waiting for you in the room upon arrival and really happy to hear you're a guest for life! That simply makes everything worth it for us.

See you again soon!

Best,

1,123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This boutique hotel is situated on Wilshire near UCLA. Small in size but large in service. Everyone from the valets to the front desk and managers were friendly and helpful. Hotel also provides a town car for short trips when available. Only downside is the lack of a sundry shop on premises. There is a CVS within a mile. An easy walk. When looking for the CVS, a local couple asked if we were looking for Marilyn Monroe. "No, she's dead", I replied. The hotel is pet friendly with a welcome blackboard by the door listing the pet guests.. They also provide free morning coffee and happy hour wine for guests. We would stay there again and give the Palomar top marks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Albert S, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Rockfsh808,

Who are you calling small? Well...at least you thought highly of the huge service we provide! Next time you're with us, let me know what you need from CVS, I'll get personally!

Saratoga, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Kimpton really knows how to do it! Starting with the ease of the Kimpton's online booking, the experience was superior. Stayed a Sunday night to visit UCLA, and thankfully missed the bustling Bruin Day. Upon arrival (and departure) was greeted with not one, but two very courteous valets with friendly smiles. Could feel myself begin relaxing after a straight long drive from Nor Cal. Warm friendliness is the apparent standard, as the front desk staff and bellhop proved in their eagerness and smiles. Housekeeping was VERY prompt and friendly, as a TV remote (battery) and lamp (just didn't slide the foot pad completely) were inoperative. Great view from the 11th floor south-facing room: city, and Mormon church. Room was smaller than expected, but very quiet as requested, bed was "oh so comfy!" and slept so well. Shower head placed higher and had great flow. Dinner and again breakfast were both delicious and wait staff friendly. Very picky-eater daughter had the Caprese flatbread and linguine (without peas please) and she loved it so much she nearly inhaled it. I chose the sea bass, which was one of the best ever. Tender, perfectly seasoned with a crispy skin. Perfect! Ended with a delightfully yummy gelato and sorbet. Breakfast was equally delicious. Close to UCLA and Westwood. Early eve free wine service seemed popular (didn't indulge, but next time). Wish I had time to try the spa. I am a Rewards member so received a $10 gift card for the room's mini bar and room upgrade with nominal fee. Loved Fred, the water! Only negatives: $35 parking fee, inconsistent wi-fi. Best of all: teen-aged daughter was very happy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear JTM,

It sounds like you had a bite from our new menu, yum!

I'm glad your daughter loved the flat bread and I agree with you, the sea bass is incredible! I was also happy to learn that our valet treated you well, they usually have the first and last opportunity to make an impression.

Hope to see you again soon!

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at a few Kimpton Hotels and we are huge fans. I booked the Hotel Palomar for a quick surprise weekend get-away for my husband's birthday. I wanted to add to the surprise by having some cupcakes waiting in the room for us upon our arrival. I contacted the concierge, Josue, who assisted me in finding a bakery that would deliver on short notice, and then arranged the order on my behalf. It may not have been the biggest request of such a knowledgeable and capable concierge such as Josue, but he handled each of my inquiries and requests as it was his top priority. When we arrived, not only where there cupcakes waiting, but additional surprises of snacks, and chilled beers and water for us, along with a handwritten note wishing my husband a happy birthday. We were also given a free room upgrade. I have come to expect amazing service from every employee I come into contact with at Kimpton Hotels, but the employees at the Hotel Palomar LA went above and beyond and made my husband feel valued and that someone genuinely cared about the little details that mean so much to their guests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Albert S, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Deirdre,

Wow! It sounds like Josue really helped knock it out of the park with the cupcakes and snacks. It sounds like the service you experienced throughout our hotel and restaurant was chock full of genuine care...I hope your husband enjoyed his birthday and hope this is the beginning of an annual tradition.

I noticed you're from Santa Barbara...I hope you have an opportunity to try our newly launched restaurant "Finch and Fork" at our sister hotel the Canary Santa Barbara.

Hope to see you soon and let me know if I can help with reservations at any of our Kimpton hotels or restaurants.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We spent the past Saturday night at the hotel Palomar. The location is very close to the Hammer museum, UCLA, and westwood village. The Palomar has a free nightly wine service from 5-6 which is a nice surprise. Please make sure that you sign up for the free Kimpton Intouch club which will allow you to receive free wifi for all of your devices and a $10 raid the mini bar coupon.
The rooms at the kimpton are very nice and modern. There is also free coffee in the mornings which is fantastic. The tv's have almost 100 channels with both showtime and hbo. The parking is $35, but you are in LA. The neighborhood is very affluent and you feel safe walking around in the evenings.
The check-in process was a little delayed and slow, but once we were speaking with the front desk personnel everyone was very nice. We had the opportunity to spend some time with Edin during our visit to the hotel. He is in the first photo on the trip advisor. We have stayed in many hotel and have rarely found anyone as nice and helpful as Edin. Meeting him was one of the highlights of our visit and I wanted to recognize him, if the hotel reads this review.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Scotty,

I am so delighted you were able to enjoy some of our great touch points such as wine and coffee hour, definitely staples in our organization! I'm very grateful that you took the time to recognize Edin, thank you. He genuinely cares about our guests and pulls all the stops to make sure meaningful connections are made.

I hope to see you again soon and hope you have the opportunity to try the new menu in our restaurant, BLVD.16.

Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Only stayed here one night as the offered price went up substantially for the remainder of the week. $35 for parking is my only complaint. Other reviews suggesting nearby street parking but I didn't find any within a few minutes so decided to bite the bullet. If you are all fit, walking to Beverley Hills is an easy project, Westwood is even closer. We did both. Didn't try the restaurant as there are a multitude of great places nearby. Staff was very helpful. They offered wine in the lobby late afternoon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Barry,

Thank you so much for the great review! You absolutely need to try our restaurant the next time you're in town, we just rolled out a new menu and it's getting rave reviews.

I know parking is a little expensive in our city but glad you didn't park on the street...tickets are higher than the nightly fee.

Hope to see you again soon!

Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We booked this hotel for one night as I had an appointment at UCLA the next morning and the location was perfect for this. It also turns out, it's a good location to visit Hollywood and Beverly Hills as well.

The area itself is nice and the hotel is also nice. We don't have a pet but saw several people with their pets and thought it was cute. I had never stayed at a hotel that allowed pets before and didn't even know this one was like that until we checked in. There was no smell anywhere to be found, no "wet dog" or anything...and it was sparkling clean everywhere we went. That's really all that matters to us, so we were pleased.

The hotel lobby had a wine hour from 5-6 with complimentary wine which was nice. The room itself was nice, sorta trendy, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was large and nice as well. The only real downside was the required valet parking for $35, in this area maybe that's standard but it seemed a little steep. Regardless, we would definitely go back to stay here in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rob,

You mentioned our great location...were you able to walk to the village and enjoy the beautiful neighborhood? I hope so!

I'm glad you liked the rooms and as you mentioned in your review, we are pet friendly but certainly respectful to those who prefer to stay away from our furry friends. I

Come see us again soon!

Albert Smith

Been to Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!