“relaxing in the city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10740 Wilshire Blvd at Selby Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024 (Westside)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Holiday Promotion
Ranked #14 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Sacramento, California
“relaxing in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

we have stayed at several Kimpton properties. I love the location of this one! It's practically across the street from UCLA, great walking neighborhood, easy to get to Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, West LA. The rooms (we had a suite) are very comfortable and the staff is top rate (as is usual with a Kimpton hotel). This property seemed nicer for families, as compared to the Wilshire/Miracle Mile location, which really felt more geared for business travelers (though I saw several museum-going families there as well when we stayed recently). I don't think this location has a pool - we certainly didn't have time to use it even if there was one. The restaurant looked wonderful as well. We had a drink and dessert only, and felt very comfortable. Overall, one of my favorites. Oh, and we never used valet parking: we were there over a long weekend, and the area has restricted parking during the week only. We parked within a block of the hotel every time we went out.

Room Tip: seemed like a quiet location overall, but some rooms would face Wilshire. Ask for a room on the back...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Albert S, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
You're right, we have great drinks and awesome desserts! Sounds like you're comfy staying at both of our LA properties so thank you for the loyalty and great review.

By the way...we have a pretty large pool so hopefully you'll have an opportunity to use it this summer.

Albert Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited first week of April 2013. Excellent service with a smile beginning with the bell staff continuing with the front desk, dining room, phone staff, room service, and valet. Live music in the lobby but we were too tired from our drive to take advantage. Bed was very comfortable too. I'd suggest a high floor to help with the street noise. Great location for visiting UCLA.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Albert S, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Liz,

It looks like you were treated with love and smiles from all of our staff so thank you for sharing in the TripAdvisor universe. UCLA is a stone throw away and as you know, Westwood Villiage is beautiful as safe!

Hope to see you again soon...

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Palmor with my wife for 3 nights in December and once again Kimpton hotels don't let me down. Excellent service from the staff, very nice rooms, enjoyed complimentary morning coffee and evening wine. My only complain is the price of valet parking but I think this is pretty much standard in California. I'll definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Miguel,

Thank you for the awesome review and I'm glad you plan on returning...I noticed you're a Longhorn fan so perhaps when USC has the National Title re-match in the Rosebowl?

Good luck next year and hope to see you soon!

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was a little bit concerned with a few of the reviews, but was pleasantly surprised with every SINGLE aspect of this hotel. From the valet parking ($35/night was not unreasonable compared to other hotels), to the restaurant, front desk staff (Christian knocked it out of the park!) to the rooms.....it was 5 star all the way. The attention to detail was unbelievable. Christian attended to our every need, was fun and professional. He made us want to take up permanent residence. Our pillows were a bit uncomfortable, so he sent up feather pillows which, if I had room in my suitcase, would've taken them home! (Kidding Mr. Albert Smith!!) He had every bit of information we needed, and made sure everything was perfect during our stay. One tip, join the rewards program if you aren't a member. The benefits begin immediately and it is free to join. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a hotel in the LA area. I hope to return again and again. This was one of my best hotel experiences ever.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the elevators
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kimmie,

I am so happy you loved the pillows and also happy they're too large for your suitcase! It really makes us all happy to see that this was one of your best hotel experiences ever, we work hard at it. Thank you for recognizing Christian and come see again soon!

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had an awesome time at the Palomar. Westwood is well-positioned for getting around LA, so the location was excellent. The service was super, breakfast downstairs was great, and coming home in the afternoon to a free glass of wine in the lobby, and a goldfish in my room that sorta, kinda acted like it might have missed me while I was out (or maybe it was just scared I'd make sushi out of it)... By the end of my stay it felt like home, but without the clutter and dishes to wash, and someone to make my bed for me. Home's looking a little shabby...

Room Tip: I had a room facing Wilshire Blvd. It wasn't too noisy for me, but people who are sensitive to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Joe,

Our fish have been known to develop an attachment to our guests, clearly this is what you experienced! You mentioned it felt like home towards the end...this is always our goal and I'm so happy we achieved it with you.

Come see us again soon!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

First trip to L.A. and first stay at a Kimpton Hotel. Complimentary coffee service in the morning and wine in the afternoon. The bar was nice and the restaurant menu looked good, but I didn't eat there. Pet friendly. Everyone was very helpful and polite (that doesn't always happen!). The rooms were updated and comfortable. The bed was better than most 4-star places. Overall, no problems -- it's rated 4.5 on trip advisor and I think that's a fair rating. I would stay here again and would recommend it to friends staying in L.A. --RNS.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear RNSDFW,

Thank you for agreeing with our high rating and I truly hope you return. Kimpton is not your usual pretentious LA boutique hotel, our employees care and we care for them (note...we're the highest rated hospitality company on Fortunes 100 Best Places to Work List).

You'll have to try our restaurant, BLVD.16 next time you're in town. We have a new menu and our mixologists are simply incredible!

Westchester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I stayed at the Palomar for four nights, using it as a base to see Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Malibu and Palm Springs/Joshua Tree Nat'l Park. We arrived when the computer system was down and no card keys could be generated, but Christian escorted us to our room with many apologies and a cheerful smile. The room was fine, beds very comfy, but pillows too big. We did have to go back to the desk later when we needed to visit the gym ( very well equipped) since we had no key, and then go back again when it wasn't coded for the gym. Minor inconveniences. Morning coffee was a plus but too weak for our tastes. Wine hour fine when we were there. Did not receive newspaper at door as Kimpton members are supposed to , but picked one up in lobby. Wifi was mostly ok except for that first night. We would return.

Dear Travellersthree,

Thank you for hanging in there with us while we worked out the key card reader issues! It sounds like Christian and team did the best they could with their usual warm smiles and gracious care.

Hopefully you had a great workout and thanks for using us as home base during your LA visit.

Albert Smith

Been to Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!