“Hotel Palomar a Kimpton Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10740 Wilshire Blvd at Selby Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024 (Westside)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
Fall-ing For You
Ranked #13 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“Hotel Palomar a Kimpton Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stay at The Palomar frequently for business. It's conveniently situated and the service is outstanding. Restaurant is lovely the service is excellent. They always try and accommodate your special requests. Rooms are roomy and very clean. Love the gym, Precor equipment and very well maintained. Highly, highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: 19 th floor orders spectacular views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Albert S, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Giselle,

Thanks for staying with us while travelling from Florida! I'm so glad you loved our restaurant and made the time to hit the gym...congrats on the dedication!

Come see us again soon!

Albert Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have had two stays here. The staff here go out of their way to be friendly. It has nice touches. I especially like the water flavored with fresh fruit or cucumbers in the lobby. The rooms are comfortable and have many nice touches. Everything is set up to make a guest happy. If you can get a room on a high floor with a view toward LA it's really an amazing view, and I don't especially like LA.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor on the LA side ( not the wilshire side) I got it both times
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear SLOmom,

You're correct! We set up everything to make our guests as happy as possible! I'm so grateful for the review and glad you enjoyed our spa water upon arrival.

Hope to see you again soon!

Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked an overnight stay to attend a UCLA Baseball game. I only live an hour and a half away, but the ongoing 405 Freeway Construction Nightmare led me to your wonderful hotel. Even though the hotel was having its own computer snafu at check-in the staff took care of making me comfortable until the computers were up and running. Wine hour made the hour quickly pass and my keys were ready. The fitness room was excellent and I really appreciated not having an overhead TV blaring ESPN in the room. (People that is what the individual TV Monitors on the treadmills are for.) My husband and I had Sunday breakfast at BLVD 16 located in the hotel and it was wonderful. The entire Staff was very friendly. I had one little problem with a mini bar charge at checkout and Juan at the front desk did take care of it for me. BRAVO! I will be back and look for the Kimpton Hotel when I travel,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Albert S, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Tammara,

It sounds like you had a wonderful time with us and were able to experience several of our amenities! Don't wait for a baseball game to come see us again and please let me know if I can help set up a reservation for you.

Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was not the "Kimpton" experience I've had before. I asked for a room (3 weeks in advance) away from the elevator in a quieter part of the hotel on one of the top floors (standard for my travels). I was assured the room was quiet and away from the elevator. I arrived to my room on the 3rd floor, next to an electrical room, which was ajoined to the elevator. I opened the door to find the beds recently slept in with sheets spralled out and blankets on the floor as well as towels.

I was given another room. I'm not certain if all the rooms are tiny, but this one had enough space between the end of the bed/desk/dresser for one chair to fit. The decor was beautiful! The bed was comfortable! There was a refrigerator with beverages. The room was definitely quiet and toward the end of the hall.

I asked for a humidifer and 2 hours later, still no response. I called back and they brought one up within 20 minutes. I was excited. UNTIL.... I filled it with water, placed it in the holder, turned it on, and when I look back nearly all the water had drained out through a hole inside the humidifier and leaked all of the dresser, under the TV, under the glass of the dresser, and all over the floor. They came promptly to clean it up - minus the water under the glass - that was left wet. I never received a replacement.

I asked for a straight iron - as promoted and advertised in all their hotel websites as room ammenities and was told "if we have one, we'll send it up". Nothing arrived. For good measure, I asked again - same response, same outcome. I was noticing a pattern of the "Left at Home" "We have it here" ammenities - were not as the "Kimpton Experience" promises.

As for the food - I arrived too late for lunch and too early for dinner. We ate in the bar - EXCELLENT bar tender!!!!!!! The Chef was on duty and we had wonderfully fresh and sweet fruit plates and they were able to accomodate our special requests for lunch / dinner menu items. I thought it couldn't be better and things had turned around!! UNTIL... the next day. I was excited to eat lunch after my awesome early dinner experience the day before. There were only 3 tables being served - ours being one of them. We received a refill on water ONCE, only after I flagged the server. The "assistant chef" was on duty. The food was served not as described in the menu, it took about 20 minutes to get brussel sprouts and a ceasar salad and by that time the other 2 tables had cleared and we were the only 2 people in the restaurant!! The food was subpar and instead of entertaining business customers there for dinner, we opted for a different restaurant.

I'm giving this hotel a 2 for the 5-star Bar Tender and his amazing service, a 2 for the 5-star Chef who went above and beyond to make us a delicious pre-dinner meal, and a 2 for the Kimpton decor and great sleep I had. As for the rest of my experience there... it would have been a 1 star.

I won't be back.

Room Tip: I like the corner rooms or those furthest from the elevator. The rooms will either be of the busy s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lionesslight,

I am so sorry for your experience with us...I was a little confused at first since we don't have a 3rd floor so just to make sure I have your details correct I would love to speak with you in person. I would love the opportunity to make this all up to you but could use a little more insight so hopefully we have an opportunity to chat!

San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Palomar for a nearby conference and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of service I received. I travel extensively for business and appreciated the staff putting forth the extra effort that I rarely see in most of the hotels I stay in. When I arrived I discovered that my room had been smoked in, something that I find particularly irritating to my sinuses; the staff reacted immediately (and with many apologies, it really wasn't that big of a deal!) and relocated me to a different room. Although I'm very familiar with the area, the staff made sure to let me know that they could provide me with any recommendations or directions should I have needed them. I recommend the Palomar to anyone staying in West LA.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kevin,

I am so happy to hear my team addressed your concerns about the room so quickly...it's all how you handle it right? Well, we hope to see you again soon and please let me know if I can help set up a future reservation for you.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Travelling from Australia it is so nice to come across a hotel chain that values such great customer service. By the time we always arrive we look forward to a lovely clean, stylish room with comfy bed and friendly staff at check in.

This is the 3rd Kimpton we have stayed in and have never been disappointed. The staff are always fantastic and we have always been upgraded if there was a room available. There are also all the little touches that Kimpton chain does. Free wifi, mini bar allowance if a In Touch member - its free - cookies and the wine hour each night. Every day there is a lovely flavoured water in the lobby. The breakfasts are ok nothing to special here but once again the service is always good.

We did love the position but we had a car. 10 mins to the freeway, 10 mins to Rodeo Dr etc and walking distance to Westwood which is filled with lovely shops and cool cafes. You can see many of the stars in this area.

Value for money it is always great. I also love that the 3 Kimptons' I have stayed in are not huge hotels. High rise yes but not 20+ floors and long noisy corridors.

If you are looking for a good value, stylish, slightly funky hotel in a good position if you have a car then this is for you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Albert S, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Ruth,

Thanks for the awesome review and for your loyalty to Kimpton! I really appreciate the shout out for our awesome staff and also for pointing out how close we are to all things fun in LA.

Hope to see you again soon!

Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was my second time staying at the Hotel Palomar. I was with a large group of people and the check in and check out was quick and painless. My room was very clean and comfy. My bed was a little lopsided and I would have preferred smaller pillow's. All in All it was a great hotel to stay at. It's really close to places to eat, drink and even grocery stores. We enjoyed happy hour at the bar while the rest of our group enjoyed the complimentary wine. Ruben was the nicest person I met in the lounge. He introduced himself and remembered our names! Talk about feeling special. I don't drink coffee but I understood it to be very good! I recommend the calamari if dinning at the hotel. Sign up for the Kimpton points. The Wi-Fi was super easy to hook up to and I enjoyed the benefit of having $10.00 to spend on the mini-bar.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Albert S, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Countrygirl85,

Thank you so much for writing about Ruben! He is one of our best and I really appreciate as do all of employees when they get to see their names in the big lights!

Hope you return soon and thanks again!

Albert Smith

Been to Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!