“Wonderful Business-Trip Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10740 Wilshire Blvd at Selby Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024 (Westside)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Holiday Promotion
Ranked #14 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Wonderful Business-Trip Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

As a Kimpton in-touch member, they provide free wi-fi and a $10 credit to the mini-bar. Room was clean and comfortable, staff was friendly and accommodating, room service was prompt and tasty, price was a good value. What else could you ask for?

Room Tip: Join Kimpton in-touch (loyalty program) for membership perks.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Albert S, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Cimi S,

Thank you for the great review and for your loyalty to Kimpton! I love reading how guests enjoy the perks they get being an InTouch memeber so thank you for posting that information.

Hope to see you again soon and please let me know if I can help with anything in advance of your next stay.

Albert Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Dana Point, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is the fourth Kimpton Hotel I've stayed in and this one was as unique and special as the others. Located in a gorgeous area of west Los Angeles, it's decor is striking and very "Los Angeles." Anyone from the LA area will know what I mean. Modern paintings, dim lights, lots of black and red, etc. Very "hip." The lobby and bar were humming with activity and were obviously very popular gathering places. The rooms were also strikingly decorated and very comfortable, clean and well equipped - with a few exceptions. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were perfectly awful! They were the worst I've ever tried to sleep on but I didn't realize it until I had gone to bed. They were so high and hard that my neck just couldn't deal with them. I slept without a pillow much of the night. Be sure and check your pillows when you arrive. Hopefully they might have some alternative pillows available. On my online reservation, I had asked for coffee makers for both of the rooms I booked, but they were not there when I arrived. (This also happened in another Kimpton Hotel.) I requested them again and they were put in the rooms, but one of them did not work the next morning. The TV in my room had a very poor picture and took forever to respond to the remote. HD TV's would certainly be nice additions to these rooms. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, Blvd. 16, and it was very good, though somewhat limited in choices. The breakfast was wonderful. We were visiting The Getty Center, which is just a short drive - but a harrowing one due to the extensive construction going on on the nearby 405 Freeway. I would return to this Kimpton but only if better pillows were offered.

Room Tip: 1621 and 1625 were very nice rooms overlooking Wilshire Boulevard at the front of the hotel. They...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Travelingbarb 2-2,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! I was so happy to read you loved our vibe, decor and comfortable rooms. Please call me directly for any future visits you may have planned and I will personally make sure you have plenty of pillow options!

Lynden, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We needed to stay in the Westwood area near UCLA for the birth of our grandson. We had never stayed at the Palomar but found the rates very reasonable. We found a GEM. Not only was it affordable, but the staff was EXCEPTIONAL, and EVERY SHIFT! We even had to rush to the hospital in the middle of the night - and they made sure we had coffee and our car in valet asap! WHAT service! The room was CLEAN, the VIEW was awesome. We signed up for their frequent stay program and received free wifi. Next stay they will even know what kind of pillow I want. YES, it is true -- you can't go wrong. Location within walking distance to restaurants in Westwood Village. A+++ We will be back.

Room Tip: We were in room 1806 -- on the south side of the building. The lights and view was spectacular.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Albert S, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Mzvinnie,

Congrats on the birth of your grandson! I'm so happy to hear my staff anticipated your every need and truly hope to see you again soon.

Los Angles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We ordered a room block at this hotel for our wedding. They were extremely accomodating in every step of the process. As the bride I received a free upgrade to a suite, which I used to get ready on the day of my wedding and as the bridal suite. They also helped arrange for a hospitality suite for my mother in law to provide lunch for her family before the wedding. They provided cookies in my suite upon arrival and champagne after the wedding along with a note from the concierge. Whenever we called with a request they were really accomodating. For example, they brought up a bar stool from the bar for me to sit on while having my makeup done. They also agreed to comp parking for some of my vendors who only came to the hotel for a few hours. All in all, I was really happy with the way we were treated. Their competitors at the W should take note. The W costs more and made us feel like they had no interest in our business. I'm so happy that we decided to work with the excellent team at the Palomar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mariposa01,

First of all, congratulations and thank you for staying with us on your big night! It sounds like our team really did a wonderful job helping to make the day as special as possible for you and your family. Also...thanks for shout out about us compared to that competitor down the road, I love it!

All the best,

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have stayed at the Hotel Palomar on 4 separate occasions in the last year and each stay was very enjoyable. The service from the bell staff to the front desk staff to the bar/lounge employees is excellent. Everyone makes you feel very welcome, and they are genuinely committed to taking care of you. The hotel has a good work out area, and I have been particularly impressed with the quality of the food from the hotel restaurant. I typically eat from the full menu in the very comfortable bar/lounge area. Ruben, one of the bartenders, is outstanding. The neighborhood adjacent to the hotel is also nice - good for walking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Palomar. You mentioned our great employees and highlighted Reuben...he is amazing and one of the reasons why so many guests continue to come back.

Hope to see you soon!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times while in LA on business. I have enjoyed my stay each time. This last time, though, I became ill with a stomach virus. I ended up having to extend my stay to recuperate. The staff was incredibly understanding and helpful, and offered on numerous occasions to bring me tea, sparkling water, or whatever I needed. I really appreciated this as everyone needs someone to take care of them/watch over them while they're sick! I will definitely stay at this hotel whenever I am in LA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Albert S, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Jessica,

Genuine care is what we're all about! I'm so glad my staff made a connection with you and did their best to comfort you while you weren't feeling great.

I hope you're better now and come see us again soon!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed for business, great atmosphere at the htoel, valet service was quick and friendly and rooms were well designed and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and the bar was a good spot to unwind at the end of the night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear TOTraveller81,

I am so happy you were able to enjoy our restaurant and unwind at our bar! Nothing like quick, friendly and efficient valet and it sounds like that's exactly what you experienced.

See you again soon!

Albert Smith

Been to Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!