“Exceptional in every way from initial reservation to reluctant departure!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Beverly Hills - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Beverly Hills - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Beverly Hills - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10740 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #21 of 336 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Virginia Beach
“Exceptional in every way from initial reservation to reluctant departure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you want 5+ star/diamond hotel comforts and service with the friendliness of your best friends' homes, you will love love love this hotel. We were here for a week, and every day, every staff encounter, was absolutely top notch. Food was excellent and we met many nice guests at the daily happy hour, including the most adorable dogs, and I don't even like dogs! We would not consider staying anywhere else in Westwood on future visits, and thank our friends for the excellent recommendation!

• Stayed December 2012
Chamho, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Beverly Hills - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Susan,

It looks like we have a genuine fan! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and that our amazing staff treated you so well!

Come back anytime and please be sure to give me a heads up, I'll make sure Chef Richard does something very personalized for your next meal with us.

Albert Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I could recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good value hotel, well located with rooms that are unique in their design.

From the moment I checked in, the staff were attentive, welcoming and nothing was a problem.

The rooms are extremely well appointed and the restaurants serve affordable and quality food and beverages.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chamho, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Beverly Hills - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Roger B,

I really appreciate the shout out for our staff. Above all, recognition for them is really the best thing we can possibly hear!

I am so glad you stayed with us while visiting from Australia and truly hope you return in the very near future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Kimpton's my favorite hotel group and Palomar's a fine representation. Friendly, has what I want and need, environmentally aware, decent wifi, efficient and the only "loyalty" program that actually tips its hat to the non-frequent guest. A short WALK to Westwood Village

• Stayed December 2012
Hello there Zzz999,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to Kimpton and for highlighting so many of our important touch points!

I hope you join us again soon in LA and I'm proud to announce we just opened another Kimpton, the Hotel Wilshire just four miles away!

San Francisco, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

After spending 40 minutes on the phone with their remote support team.... I was told it was our laptops that have the issue. I asked to switch rooms and had no trouble connecting in the new room.

Day 2, our laptops and our cell phones... once again cannot connect.

If you are planning to do business from the hotel, I would not count on their connections. Unless you would like to work from the lobby for the day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chamho, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Beverly Hills - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Bernadette,

I am so sorry about the connectivity issues you experienced. We rarely hear this and if I could get further information I would be more than happy to have one of our IT managers further research and follow up directly with you.

Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Palomar in Westwood this past weekend for my wife's birthday, and we had a great time!
-Stylish hotel
-Excellent service
-Great location
-They even gave us a complementary bottle of champagne for my wife's birthday!!!

One of best overall experiences I have had.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Vic,

Thank you for spending your wife's birthday with us! It sounds like my staff made it memorable which is always our goal! Let's try to make this a tradition????

Come see again soon and thank you for your loyalty!

Huntington Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Having stayed in a great many hotels in a great many locations, I was delightfully surprised by the thoughtful courtesy shown by Hotel Palomar staff when I stayed at their Westwood location. Not only were staff able to answer any question presented, they did so cheerfully. How lovely to be treated like a guest!

Room Tip: I always insist on a room that is not near either the elevator or the ice machine.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Rhys B,

Come back again soon and ask as many questions as you like! Our staff loves to help our guests find fun and unique things to do in our great city.

Thanks again for the great review!

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have stayed at the Hotel Palomar on several occasions and the experience is consistently postive. Easy access to many locations. Friendly and helpful staff. Good sized, clean rooms with comfortable seating and a well set up desk area. Everyone at the hotel seems genuinely intersted in helping guests.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel have a nice view of downtown Los Angeles.
Hello Lisa!

Love the baby photo! You hit the nail...my staff is extremely interested in making sure stays are unique and memorable for our guests. We have 57 other Kimpton properties that feel the same way: let me know if I can help make a reservation at one of them for you.

Albert Smith

Been to Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Beverly Hills - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!