It's not a bargain hotel, but neither is it exorbitantly priced. I'd say it compares to a Westin or a Marriott, both in price and in quality. I was just here for one Thursday night, and spent only a little time in the hotel but enjoyed the room and amenities!
- Beds/linens: very comfortable! I slept like a baby and woke up feeling more refreshed than I expected for the relatively little sleep I got.
- A/C: never needed to turn this on. I love it when the temperature of a room stays comfortable as is, despite not being able to open windows.
- Noise: My room faced Wilshire, so I was able to hear traffic noise pretty much the entire time I was awake. But, with a comfortable bed and blackout curtains, it didn't interfere with my sleep.
- Water pressure: LOVED this. The shower was nice and strong and the the water took almost no time to heat up. This is one of those little things that I pay particular attention to and love when hotels get this one down.
- Cleanliness: Excellent!
- Parking: Hell no. I read here about the $30 valet (EVERY time you need to park) and said f- that. It only took a little driving in the surrounding neighborhood to find a spot, but it was actually north of Wilshire, which means only the bravest jaywalkers should do what I did. Most of the neighborhood parking is permit-only, so READ the SIGNS.
- Hotel smell: I don't know how else to describe it, but Hotel Palomar does a great job of NOT reminding you with this chemical cleaner smell that you're in a hotel - whether you're in your room, in the hallway, or in the lobby.
Wi-Fi: FREE, as it should be.
Overall a really nice, but brief stay. But for the right price, I'll definitely come back here anytime I can.
- Also Known As:
- Kimpton Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Kimpton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Palomar Los Angeles – Westwood is a stunner of a boutique hotel in Los Angeles’ most vibrantly beautiful neighborhood. Located on Wilshire Boulevard’s Golden Mile, this stylish “Art in Motion” hotel is steps from UCLA, Westwood Village, Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills. The luxurious guestrooms feature sweeping city views and modern artistic décor. Blvd 16 offers a stylish and comfortable setting for guests to enjoy fresh and flavorful cuisine using local sustainable products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.