“Great service and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10740 Wilshire Blvd at Selby Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024 (Westside)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Holiday Promotion
Ranked #13 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“Great service and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has plenty of points of difference including the dogs policy, free evening drinks and morning coffee to top of the great service and wonderful location. The staff were very polite and friendly, the meals very good and location wise (close to Westwood village) it was a great base for 4 nights with the family in LA. Agree with some of the other comments on the air con - when turned on it is very noisy. Overll a great place to stay and I would be back.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chamho, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Alain,

Thank you highlighting our touch points! The wine hour and morning coffee hour hopefully makes you feel welcomed and creates an opportunity for you to mingle with us as well as other guests.

I am sorry about the AC and if there's anyway you could let me know which room number it was I will send our engineering team to look into it immediately.

Albert Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Nice, big rooms. A bit run down already. Service is not perfect (laundry was late, invoices not ready). The restaurant ambiance is terrible, but the food quite good. I stayed there for 2 nights, that is enough. BUT: very good value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Afrika200,

It sounds like there were some definite high points in your stay: the great food in the restaurant, nice big rooms and staff. I do apologize if the design of our restaurant was not to your liking...if you have a moment I would love some additional feedback about it?

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a great visit to the Palomar over Thanksgiving with our dog. If you travel with a dog, you know it can hard to find a decent hotel that will accept your pooch. Palomar, on the other hand, has a water station by the front door with a chalkboard greeting all its canine visitors by name. They provide a doggy goody bag when you check in with food, water, treats and poo bags. There is a wonderful neighborhood right behind the hotel for great walks, and a patch of grass close enough to the door for quick late-night visit. Our handsome hound mix loved it, but it probably helped that we couldn't walk 10 feet without admirers giving stopping to pet him.

More generally, the staff was very courteous and responsive. The valets and bellmen were quick and polite and helpful. The location was convenient for us. The rooms were clean and had a modern urban flair -- and there was plenty of room. The bed was firm and restful. We had an ADA room (maybe due to the dog), and the shower was a roll-in affair with a fold-down seat and hand-washer.

Overall, we felt like it was a super value for a very nice hotel. We look forward to going back.

Dear Cusewordsmith,

From one fellow Smith to another...thank you for the great review! I loved hearing about our wonderful staff and how much fun your hound had. Thank you so much for your loyalty and we can't wait to have you back!

San Ramon, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We lived this hotel before and we did have a great time. That is why I choose to book it again at this trip. We stayed there for a night on the Nov 23 to 24 at room 1503.

When we checked in the hotel, everything was fine. We arrived time was late and we were so hungry to eat. We went down Blvd 16 for dinner which was great as usual. When we back to our room, I turned on the air condition..... then I can not believe it, it sounds like airplane next too you.
So.... loud. I called the front desk and she send the tech to come. That person was not nice at all, he said all rooms sound exactly this loud.... nothing he can do except he could adjust the fan level from 1 to 3. Of course, I have to set the air condition to high temp and auto to keep it down most of time. I really felt airless....

The hotel did give us free valet and some discount. I do really love to see if they can change their air condition system in the future.

The pro:
Clean and cool hip deco
Service is good
Location is nice

The cons:
Please fix air condition

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chamho, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Justteresa,

I am so happy you enjoyed BLVD.16 and chose to come back and stay us! I am also very sorry for the loud AC as well as how it was handled. We generally do not get AC noise complaints and your room should have looked into with more urgency from our staff.

I hope you return again soon and thank you again for your loyalty.

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I share the general opinion that this is an excellent hotel, with a great location, an outstanding staff, and nice amenities. What I appreciated most was the way I was treated when something went wrong. One night, there was a loud noise that could be heard throughout the 18th floor. When I called about it, I was offered a second room on another floor that night. The next day I received a bottle of wine and some candies with a handwritten note of apology. When I checked out, the charges for that night were removed from my bill. In short, the hotel treated me very well, and they even managed to turn a negative into a positive. I thank everyone on the staff and look forward to staying at this excellent hotel again in the near future.

Dear Waters96,

Thank you for the great review. I was delighted to see my staff took care of your concerns and I'm glad to know you'll be returning for a future visit!

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can help with future accomodations.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel was tastefully decorated, with dark wood and dim mood lighting in the lobby and elevator area. The room was medium sized with comfortable beds. Parking is only via valet. Everyone on staff, from valet, to front desk, housekeeping and even the engineer was friendly and polite. The coffee/tea bar in the lobby in the mornings was very much welcomed.

Now the problems: Our room was on the end (1101), facing Wilshire Blvd and had a couple of minor issues. First the hot water would take forever to come one. We complained about this and an engineer came over to say they were fixing it. When we came back later in the day, we found the hot water was still a problem. In the shower, the water would stay scalding hot, and if you adjust it down, it would go straight to cold. Very binary. Second, the HVAC unit lets out a powerful noise whenever it comes on. Third, the windows are thin and you can hear the traffic outside.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from Wilshire for more quietness.
Dear RHussein,

Thank you for letting the world know about our great staff and wonderful touch points! If I can ever help with future accomodations please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

San Anselmo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the Palomar with 2 rooms connecting on the 16th floor facing Wilshire for Thanksgiving. The rates were under $200 a night and I thought the service was great. The location was excellent - close to every thing we wanted to do. The valet, bell desk, and front desk were all very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable, rooms very quiet. All around a great stay. The only downside was the pool in the back of the property had no hot tub and no sun in the afternoon since it's in the shadow of the hotel. Also, the fireplace at the pool was broken at the time we were there and there were some lightbulbs out. Just seemed a little neglected compared to the rest of the hotel. Other than that great stay.

Room Tip: The view facing Wilshire was great-got to check out all the fancy condominium buildings.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear NVRam123,

Thank you for highlighting our wonderful location and great staff. Hopefully you enjoyed your holiday while staying us and please be sure to check our website for great upcoming holiday events in our restaurant.

Albert Smith

Been to Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!