For a LA wedding, this was a super convenient & nice hotel: could walk to church and close to all event locations. We booked a King Spa Suite & were upgraded to Vista Suite with a great view, the upgrade was def appreciated. I had read many helpful TripAdvisor reviews about the hotel, and planned our stay accordingly. A very positive experience and hope to be back!
Here're the major pros & cons (not many):
1. Spacious suite & really nice bathroom (though could use more counter space & places to hang extra towels or clothes).
2. Daily NYT, including the weekend's. Do not remember if we choose this preference? It was great to have. There were also other papers in the lobby every morning.
3. Heated outdoor pool: there were plenty of towels and seating, though I expect it'll be much busier during summer.
4. Morning coffee & tea bar: it was very well supplied & well maintained.
5. On Sat evening we got a call about printing Boarding Passes for Sun's flights. This is such a nice reminder service, and it was easy to use the Concierge kiosk to print.
6. Valet service was always prompt & helpful. One day I even asked them to get a relative's car when I didn't have the ticket number, I gave them guest name & car description and that was enough.
There have been a lot of TripAdvisor discussions of the valet daily charge, we used it and felt it's worthwhile. while some relatives chose to park on the streets which have plentiful free parking esp during Sat-Sun.
7. Staff all very helpful & courteous, from Reception/Valet/Housekeeping/restaurant.
8. Fitness room wasn't cramped and had a partial view, very clean & well stocked with towels. BLVD 16's private room(s) were perfect for groups.
1. We requested an in-room coffeemaker but it was not delivered in time.
For late sleepers it'd be nice to have a morning hot drink in the room.
2. Business Ctr is not free for Kimton InTouch members.
There is free in-room Wi-Fi for members but sometimes need to use Internet away from room/not via laptop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Palomar Los Angeles – Westwood is a stunner of a boutique hotel in Los Angeles’ most vibrantly beautiful neighborhood. Located on Wilshire Boulevard’s Golden Mile, this stylish “Art in Motion” hotel is steps from UCLA, Westwood Village, Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills. The luxurious guestrooms feature sweeping city views and modern artistic décor. Blvd 16 offers a stylish and comfortable setting for guests to enjoy fresh and flavorful cuisine using local sustainable products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Beverly Hills - a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimpton Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Kimpton