You added Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Beverly Hills - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Beverly Hills - a Kimpton Hotel
GreenLeadersGold level
NJ
“Very nice 1st stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

For a LA wedding, this was a super convenient & nice hotel: could walk to church and close to all event locations. We booked a King Spa Suite & were upgraded to Vista Suite with a great view, the upgrade was def appreciated. I had read many helpful TripAdvisor reviews about the hotel, and planned our stay accordingly. A very positive experience and hope to be back!
Here're the major pros & cons (not many):

Pros:
1. Spacious suite & really nice bathroom (though could use more counter space & places to hang extra towels or clothes).
2. Daily NYT, including the weekend's. Do not remember if we choose this preference? It was great to have. There were also other papers in the lobby every morning.
3. Heated outdoor pool: there were plenty of towels and seating, though I expect it'll be much busier during summer.
4. Morning coffee & tea bar: it was very well supplied & well maintained.
5. On Sat evening we got a call about printing Boarding Passes for Sun's flights. This is such a nice reminder service, and it was easy to use the Concierge kiosk to print.
6. Valet service was always prompt & helpful. One day I even asked them to get a relative's car when I didn't have the ticket number, I gave them guest name & car description and that was enough.
There have been a lot of TripAdvisor discussions of the valet daily charge, we used it and felt it's worthwhile. while some relatives chose to park on the streets which have plentiful free parking esp during Sat-Sun.
7. Staff all very helpful & courteous, from Reception/Valet/Housekeeping/restaurant.
8. Fitness room wasn't cramped and had a partial view, very clean & well stocked with towels. BLVD 16's private room(s) were perfect for groups.

Cons:
1. We requested an in-room coffeemaker but it was not delivered in time.
For late sleepers it'd be nice to have a morning hot drink in the room.
2. Business Ctr is not free for Kimton InTouch members.
There is free in-room Wi-Fi for members but sometimes need to use Internet away from room/not via laptop.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chamho, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Beverly Hills - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear FBC01,

Thank you so much for enumerating all the great things about your stay with us!

As for the internet, you would have access anywhere throughout the hotel & restaurant in addition to our business center.

Hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,

Albert Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Hotel Palomar is on Wilshire Blvd. in an upscale residential area, about 1/2 hr from LAX. Easy to find and 10+ min walk to Westwood Village/UCLA where you can find plenty of shops, places to eat, grocery store, pharmacy, whatever you need. The hotel lobby is comfortable and inviting with lots of art books to peruse. There's a citrus-infused ice water dispenser in the lobby - it's surprisingly refreshing and so much better than plain old bottled water. Check-in was quick. Staff was welcoming and friendly, but still professional. Stayed 2 nights in a deluxe room which was very clean, quiet, relaxing, and had ample space for 2. The décor was contemporary but warm. Terrific artwork in the guest rooms and around the property. Free wifi was easy to use and worked fine. Free newspaper and coffee were also nice. The fitness center was tidy and a bit roomier than other hotel gyms I've used which was a plus. Complimentary wine hour is something to look forward to at the Palomar – had a couple glasses of a lovely moscato. As others mentioned, this is a pet-friendly hotel - I met some adorable dogs in the elevator. I did notice some barking and yapping during the daytime while in my room, but it was barely audible. Didn't get to use the pool, but the pool area looked lively on a Sat afternoon. There were only 2 issues with this hotel which were pretty negligible. The bathroom door in our room was a sliding door, and it came off the rail, so we couldn't close it. We reported it to the front desk, and it was promptly fixed. Valet parking here is expensive - around $40. We were lucky enough to find street parking on the weekend and didn't have to use it. Overall, this is a great hotel for visiting LA and quite a value. Can't wait to come back.

Dear Okitt07,

Thank you for highlighting all of our wonderful touch points, from wine hour to the fitness center and pool!

I hope you stay with again when travelling from Boston to Los Angeles...

Warm Regards,

Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We recently stayed two nights at the Hotel Palomar in Westwood during a week long road trip around Southern Cali. This hotel is absolutely lovely. The service from valet through the check-in process was prompt and polite.

We had a King room on the 9th floor with a great view of the surrounding neighborhood and city. We were able to check in early and the room was spotless and beautiful. The décor is “Kimpton Cool”; the bed was dreamy comfy with really nice linens. We had a decent sized bathroom with Tub/Shower combo and great water pressure. Kimpton properties are environmentally conscious so you have to ask for extra towels if you need more than 3 bath towels per room per day. We have been huge Kimpton fans for over 10 years and have stayed at 18+ of their properties throughout the U.S. As usual, everything about our stay at the Westwood Palomar was stellar.

The hotel is located in a very upscale residential neighborhood and was close to everything we came to see and visit. There are many places to shop and to dine within a 10 to 15 minute walk in the Westwood Village. We loved the location and we were so glad we chose this property over a few others we had considered located directly in Hollywood.

The pool is located in the back of the property on the ground floor. It’s pretty small but very nice. If you want to catch some sun I suspect the window of opportunity is minimal due to the tall buildings surrounding the pool area.

We love and appreciate the wine happy hour in the lobby from 5 to 6 p.m. We did not dine at the on-site restaurant but it looked beautiful and the menu looked yummy. We did the “tourist” thing and took the open-air Hop On/Hop Off bus. This was a great way to see LA, Hollywood and Beverly Hills as well as the ocean and Santa Monica. The bus stop is only a 10 minute walk from the Hotel.

The only complaint I have was the $38 per day parking fee. I understand it’s pretty standard for “Los Angeles” but it still stings non the less. We felt a bit “gouged”. I guess we are just tired of all the “fee’s” that are becoming the norm instead of the exception... They do offer a reduced parking fee if you happen to drive a hybrid.

I don’t think you can ever go wrong with a Kimpton hotel and I would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat. Highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Higher floors have best views. Rooms facing away from Wilshire Blvd may have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chamho, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Beverly Hills - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Tracy Phoenix,

Your review was very complimentary and very thorough! I really appreciate the ackowledgment of all of our touch points.

Thank you so much for your loyalty to Kimpton and I hope to see you again soon.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here with my husband and friends who were visiting from South FL.
The decor, friendly staff, and ease of travel and access to attractions made our stay worthwhile. To quote my friends, " heaven." We would definitely stay here again, no complaints. I do suggest joining the Kimpton club though, you receive free wifi and $10 credit for the minibar. Overall, I love that they are an Eco-friendly hotel and cater to their guest, both this location and the one in San Diego's Gaslamp district. :)

Room Tip: Book through their website... They have many packages and offer AAA, corporate and military discount...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Chamho, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Beverly Hills - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear mrstrell,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Palomar both in San Diego as well as Los Angeles!

I'm so delighted your stay was like "heaven," and we hope to have you enter the pearly gates as much as you like!

Fuentes de Andalucia, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Nice and clean hotel but quite long distance if you need to get out for anything: dinner, shopping, etc. The staff is friendly and the room is nice. I would recommend this hotel as long as you have a car.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chamho, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Beverly Hills - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Aneismael,

Thank you for the review and I just wanted to let you know that aside from our great restaurant, Westwood village is a lovely 2 block walk through a wonderful residential neighborhood. There are several restaurants, bars and retail shopping opportunities and our courtesy car can also drop you off!

Hope to see you again soon!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I returned to this hotel. We stayed one day during our honeymoon. This hotel is spectacular. The service is superb and the suite we got is to die for. It has it's own living room which is very spacious and very nice. The bedroom is closed off by sliding doors. And the bathroom is huge, it has it's own jacuzzi tub.

The suite was luxurious but most of all very clean. The bed was comfortable. We were celebrating our anniversary so the hotel got us a free bottle of champagne, very nice.

Overall this is one of my favorite hotels in L.A. and will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear worldVIERAJERO3000,

I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay in one of our incredible suites! Happy anniversary and I hope you make this occasion an annual event.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Although I usually don't travel with my little dog, I have a soft spot for dog-friendly hotels and this is one. I also really appreciate free and well functioning wireless connectivity without having to type in any mysterious codes first, and a good cup of coffee or tea available in the morning in the lobby. Almost everyone is very friendly so I will give a pass to the one cranky, snippy woman at the front desk. Everyone has a bad day. One suggestion - review the furniture placement in the room. The rooms are not large, I am a size 2 woman, and it is almost impossible even for me to walk between the bed and the gigantic rolling desk chair. Forget doing it in the dark during the night if you want to go to the bathroom, you are certain to sustain injuries.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear checkpointcheryl,

Thank you for the feedback about the room and on a future stay I hope you have the opportunity to enjoy one of our wonderful and enormously spacious one-bedroom suites!

Albert Smith

Been to Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Beverly Hills - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!