“BF Weekend Haven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10740 Wilshire Blvd at Selby Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024 (Westside)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Holiday Promotion
Ranked #14 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
San Diego, California
“BF Weekend Haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here with my husband and friends who were visiting from South FL.
The decor, friendly staff, and ease of travel and access to attractions made our stay worthwhile. To quote my friends, " heaven." We would definitely stay here again, no complaints. I do suggest joining the Kimpton club though, you receive free wifi and $10 credit for the minibar. Overall, I love that they are an Eco-friendly hotel and cater to their guest, both this location and the one in San Diego's Gaslamp district. :)

Room Tip: Book through their website... They have many packages and offer AAA, corporate and military discount...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Chamho, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear mrstrell,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Palomar both in San Diego as well as Los Angeles!

I'm so delighted your stay was like "heaven," and we hope to have you enter the pearly gates as much as you like!

Albert Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Fuentes de Andalucia, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Nice and clean hotel but quite long distance if you need to get out for anything: dinner, shopping, etc. The staff is friendly and the room is nice. I would recommend this hotel as long as you have a car.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chamho, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Aneismael,

Thank you for the review and I just wanted to let you know that aside from our great restaurant, Westwood village is a lovely 2 block walk through a wonderful residential neighborhood. There are several restaurants, bars and retail shopping opportunities and our courtesy car can also drop you off!

Hope to see you again soon!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I returned to this hotel. We stayed one day during our honeymoon. This hotel is spectacular. The service is superb and the suite we got is to die for. It has it's own living room which is very spacious and very nice. The bedroom is closed off by sliding doors. And the bathroom is huge, it has it's own jacuzzi tub.

The suite was luxurious but most of all very clean. The bed was comfortable. We were celebrating our anniversary so the hotel got us a free bottle of champagne, very nice.

Overall this is one of my favorite hotels in L.A. and will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear worldVIERAJERO3000,

I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay in one of our incredible suites! Happy anniversary and I hope you make this occasion an annual event.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Although I usually don't travel with my little dog, I have a soft spot for dog-friendly hotels and this is one. I also really appreciate free and well functioning wireless connectivity without having to type in any mysterious codes first, and a good cup of coffee or tea available in the morning in the lobby. Almost everyone is very friendly so I will give a pass to the one cranky, snippy woman at the front desk. Everyone has a bad day. One suggestion - review the furniture placement in the room. The rooms are not large, I am a size 2 woman, and it is almost impossible even for me to walk between the bed and the gigantic rolling desk chair. Forget doing it in the dark during the night if you want to go to the bathroom, you are certain to sustain injuries.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear checkpointcheryl,

Thank you for the feedback about the room and on a future stay I hope you have the opportunity to enjoy one of our wonderful and enormously spacious one-bedroom suites!

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love the Kimpton properties, a fan of every single one i visit. I love the fact that they love pets (so much so they hi-light them with a sign at the door announcing their visit!), have a wine reception every night at 5pm (most I have visited honor a cocktail for non-wine drinkers, this property however does not), and give the InTouch members a 10 bucks raid the mini bar voucher (the red velvet choc bars are to die for!). The Westwood Palomar didnt get 5 stars from me on this trip for a couple of reasons...the first being that they wouldnt give a cocktail voucher for this non-wine drinking person (they have a bar that has cocktail service). In other cities such as Portland and San Fran I have been offered these vouchers and accepted gratefully. The second I have a huge issue with is the 35.00 overnight parking fee. The price has gone up since I was last there and the response from Matt the desk agent gave was that it was in keeping with the area's other rates. My reply was "Be an example. Don't be a follower." I took a set amount of cash with me for the evening and by paying this crazy parking fee I didnt get to enjoy the restaurant. They're parking is on-site in the basement. There should be no reason for an increase. Even parking off-site over night in San Fran was cheaper! Come on Kimpton. Your chain is better than this. Other than those 2 issues i do recommend this hotel. It's very clean and modern, the art exhibit they house is awesome and it's pet friendly.

Room Tip: ask for the fiji tub rooms. they are the bomb!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Loldhams,

Thank you so much for the feedback in your review. I'm sorry you were not offered a cocktail during our complimentary wine hour, this is something we can review on a case by case basis and can certainly show some flexibility.

Also...I do apologize for your perception about the parking fee. If as a business we could offer it at no charge and stay in business, we most certainly would do it!

Best regards,

General Manger
Santa Fe, N.M.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We used the Palomar as our home base while visiting colleges, and we're very pleased. As always with Kimpton properties the in- house restaurant was excellent. The service was efficient and pleasant. The hotel is very convenient to the Getty Museum and UCLA. The exercise facility was somewhat disappointing, and smaller than some other Palomar hotels. Overall, I would recommend the L.A. Palomar if your travels bring you to this part of Los Angeles.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chamho, General Manager at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear DavidBradley,

Thank you for highlighting our restaurant as well as how perfect our hotel location is to all fun things to do and see in Los Angeles.

Also...I would be happy to provide a pass to Equinox which is an exclusive state of the art facility just a few short blocks away from us.

Hope to see you again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed at the Palomar Westwood in LA for a business trip and LOVED it! Super friendly and helpful staff, great rooms, super clean, just beautiful. Great little pool in the back to just relax, or work with your laptop enjoying the nice LA weather. Great location too, close to the highway, beautiful neighborhood. This is a place to stay in LA. They gave me a great room on the 19th floor with views of the hills and the city. I will def come back to the Palomar.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mrod1026,

We would love to have you return and happy to mix it up by providing a view that faces beautiful West Los Angeles all the way to the ocean!

See you soon!

Best regards,

Albert Smith

Been to Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!