“Good for the price!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #205 of 336 Hotels in Los Angeles
Wildwood, New Jersey
“Good for the price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I have stayed at the Mayfair Last August for 3 nights the hotel was good for the price. The rooms could have been cleaner. the price was very decent compared to most LA hotels. The breakfast was also okay could have been cheaper though. the curtains were dirty and the maids were annoying knocking on our door so early. I would come back if anything changes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
MayfairLA, Owner at Historic Mayfair Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Good new! Things are changing. We're currently going through major renovations that will improve our entire hotel. I'm extremely excited about the results, and I hope you'll come back to stay with us once they're done.

Best,
Mike Shoffit, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The most dirtiest place I have ever stayed in my life. The GM should be embarrassed offering such a dirty room to people . Being old does not mean having blood stain on the sheet and the bed skirt. Having shaved hair in the song . The bathroom floor was not mopped or vacuumed . A little Clorox would have gone a long way for this horrible room. I will never stay here and never recommend anyone to stay.

• Stayed August 2014
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We only booked one night, thankfully. When we arrived the lobby looked nice. It was a little warm but thought that was probably just the common area, boy was I wrong,. The rooms were hot and no way to make them cooler. They were extremely small and the carpet was nasty. The bath was also small and hot water was hard to come by. In the middle of the night we were awakened to arguing next door. The parking is $14.00 and is in a garage that is attached to the hotel but had to elevator that we could find so we had to walk down the ramps to get into the hotel. Overall not a good experience.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
MayfairLA, Owner at Historic Mayfair Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
I never want to read that we were a disappointment to one of our guests, Stephanie. I'm so sorry to hear you found the temperature uncomfortable, and wish you would have alerted our staff -- we definitely could have fixed this for you. Additionally, whenever you were awoken by your neighbors, we would have immediately tried to remedy this situation for you as well. Regardless, thank you for this feedback.

Best,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

PLEASE DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!!
I Don't even know where to begin. The room was so disgusting that we did not sleep in it. We just left our bags in it and was in the lobby the whole stay. I took bunch of pics to show to everyone in the world. TripAdvisor ashamed to put such a bad hotel on there wed site.

Stayed August 2014
MayfairLA, Owner at Historic Mayfair Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
It's disheartening to know you found your room so unacceptable, Yoann. If you alerted our staff of the issue, and they didn't attempt to remedy it, I truly apologize. If not, I really do wish you would have spoken to someone about the problem. If you have any more concerns, I advise you to contact us directly.

Stewart Manor, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Please please please stay far away from this hotel. Staying here was a disturbing experience. I refused to sleep under the covers and I am currently at home washing all of my clothes at the highest allowable temperature.

Their beds were about the size of cots and the room was in disgraceful condition.

I don't usually post about accommodations but I feel compelled to warn fellow travelers in this case.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
I'm sorry to hear about your displeasure with your stay, John. I can assure you that all of our rooms are cleaned daily. We take great care to wash linens at high temperatures, and if you felt uncomfortable with yours, we would have been happy to provide different ones. With that being said, descriptions of the beds are on our website, so I apologize that you were unhappy with the size. As for the room condition, we are soon to be going under huge renovations that will greatly improve the rooms and bathrooms in our hotel.

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The name itself reflects that it is an old hotel. It is only an economic choice to stay at this hotel due to walking distance to restaurants, bus stand, railway station and tour buses.
Reasonably tidy rooms and breakfast available at the ground floor.

Room Tip: All rooms appears to be similar on all directions and levels
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
MayfairLA, Owner at Historic Mayfair Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Great to see you found our location convenient and our hotel economical, Nagan. Keeping clean, comfortable rooms is our main priority, so I'm happy to hear you were able to enjoy that.

Take care,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

*Terrible showers
*Took towels but never replaced them
*2 singles pushed together doesn't constitute a king
*A/C smelt bad and we were unable to turn it off so we had to listen to it all night
*Extra charges we weren't made aware of
*The suite access cards were notoriously hard to get to work and took 2 minutes sometimes
*Pillows smelt very old and of mold
*The curtains were about 30 cm away from the actual window so let a lot of light and heat down the side

We aren't usually ones to complain but it was horrible, I am considering requesting a refund

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
It's disappointing to hear you didn't enjoy our stay with us, Sam. By the problems you listed, I can definitely understand your frustrations. Cleanliness is key for a comfortable stay at any hotel, so I'm sorry you didn't find your room up to par. Had you alerted our front desk, I'm sure we could have moved you to a different room or brought you different linens. As for other issues with the room and A/C, we are looking forward to extensive renovations that will address both of these problems.

Mike Shoffit, General Manager

Been to Historic Mayfair Hotel? Share your experiences!